Skip to content

Would a QB with this stat line interest you?

The Browns Board
43 14 1.5k
  • @the-gipper said:

    I still might prefer to look at Jake Locker. I suspect we could put some pretty decent combination stats together on him as well. But like Bradford, he has the injury bugaboo.

    Locker has a long list of injury issues too. He's had 2 back to back season ending injuries.

    Yea, that is what I said. Or did you need me to interpret "bugaboo" for you? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bugaboo
    🥷
    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by MasterDog
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    Locker has a long list of injury issues too. He's had 2 back to back season ending injuries.

    Yea, that is what I said. Or did you need me to interpret "bugaboo" for you? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bugaboo
    🥷

    Yes, simply backing up what you said.

    Nick Foles is on the trading blocks and i know the Eagles want to move up to get Mariota.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Locker has a long list of injury issues too. He's had 2 back to back season ending injuries.

    Yea, that is what I said. Or did you need me to interpret "bugaboo" for you? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bugaboo
    🥷

    Yes, simply backing up what you said.

    Nick Foles is on the trading blocks and i know the Eagles want to move up to get Mariota.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @masterdog said:

    Yes, simply backing up what you said.

    Nick Foles is on the trading blocks and i know the Eagles want to move up to get Mariota.

    What do they want for him? Will a 3rd round pick get him?

  • @masterdog said:

    Yes, simply backing up what you said.

    Nick Foles is on the trading blocks and i know the Eagles want to move up to get Mariota.

    What do they want for him? Will a 3rd round pick get him?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    What do they want for him? Will a 3rd round pick get him?

    Sarcasm? I would trade a third any day of the week
  • @jcam222 said:

    3577 yard passing , completion percent 59%, 26 TDs and 13 INT's

    what say you , would you bring him in to compete?

    Are those NFL stats, or college stats? Pretty fair if NFL. No big deal if college. If NFL, how long ago?

    I'd like to bring Jim Brown in at RB.....and can site stats that are outstanding.....but at pushing 80, I don't think it would work?

    Compete? Sure. Hand him the keys to the mint? No.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    Are those NFL stats, or college stats? Pretty fair if NFL. No big deal if college. If NFL, how long ago?

    I'd like to bring Jim Brown in at RB.....and can site stats that are outstanding.....but at pushing 80, I don't think it would work?

    Compete? Sure. Hand him the keys to the mint? No.

    Those are NFL stats, I took his 18 starts over two years /18 x 16 to prorate a full season. It really would put him in the top 15 or so statistically

    Trust me I would take Foles over Glennon in a heartbeat if possible. I am simply alluding to the fact Glennon is decent with some degree of upside behind a decent line. TB's line was pretty poor.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What do they want for him? Will a 3rd round pick get him?

    Sarcasm? I would trade a third any day of the week
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @comeonman said:

    Sarcasm? I would trade a third any day of the week

    No, not saracasm at all. I too would trade a 3rd round pick for him......but would you go higher? I would have to think long and hard about it.

    And I would probably conclude that I would probably give a 2d rounder.

  • @comeonman said:

    Sarcasm? I would trade a third any day of the week

    No, not saracasm at all. I too would trade a 3rd round pick for him......but would you go higher? I would have to think long and hard about it.

    And I would probably conclude that I would probably give a 2d rounder.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    No, not saracasm at all. I too would trade a 3rd round pick for him......but would you go higher? I would have to think long and hard about it.

    And I would probably conclude that I would probably give a 2d rounder.

    Yes I would give a 2, especially since we have two firsts
  • @the-gipper said:

    No, not saracasm at all. I too would trade a 3rd round pick for him......but would you go higher? I would have to think long and hard about it.

    And I would probably conclude that I would probably give a 2d rounder.

    Yes I would give a 2, especially since we have two firsts
    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @comeonman said:

    Yes I would give a 2, especially since we have two firsts

    Id give our 2 for Foles and their 4

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    He looks a little bit like Brandon Weeden. Maybe it's just the hair color...

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Just heard two names Farmer is pursuing are Glennon and Cousins.

    If the former, then jcam is up for Prophet of the Month.

    If the latter, then color me shocked as hell since we did not pull that trigger for young Shanny.

    On Foles...

    No offense, but y'all are thinking too small.

    Foles will not be available until after Chip is sure MM will be his. Then there will be other parties interested in Foles.

    If you want Nick, look at the Philly roster for player(s) in addition to Foles that would make you spend both our 1's. Three 1's would get Chip deep in the MM hunt.

  • Just heard two names Farmer is pursuing are Glennon and Cousins.

    If the former, then jcam is up for Prophet of the Month.

    If the latter, then color me shocked as hell since we did not pull that trigger for young Shanny.

    On Foles...

    No offense, but y'all are thinking too small.

    Foles will not be available until after Chip is sure MM will be his. Then there will be other parties interested in Foles.

    If you want Nick, look at the Philly roster for player(s) in addition to Foles that would make you spend both our 1's. Three 1's would get Chip deep in the MM hunt.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tour2ma said:

    Just heard two names Farmer is pursuing are Glennon and Cousins.

    If the former, then jcam is up for Prophet of the Month.

    If the latter, then color me shocked as hell since we did not pull that trigger for young Shanny.

    On Foles...

    No offense, but y'all are thinking too small.

    Foles will not be available until after Chip is sure MM will be his. Then there will be other parties interested in Foles.

    If you want Nick, look at the Philly roster for player(s) in addition to Foles that would make you spend both our 1's. Three 1's would get Chip deep in the MM hunt.

    I heard the talk about Cousins and Glennon early yesterday on WKNR...

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Cousins? Are we seriously still on this shit? It's been over 2 years since he had that one good game against us. If we were going to get him at any point it would have been last year with Shannahan. We didn't, and Cousins has done nothing interesting at all since.

    Glennon, maybe, but can we just let this Cousins thing die already?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Not high on the cousins idea, but would think Glennon is def worth a look.....

  • MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by MasterDog
    #35

    Anyone think we can get Brock Osweiler from Denver for a 3rd or 4th rounder?

    6'7" with a rocket arm.

    Sat behind Manning for 3 seasons in Denver. <---That's got to be worth something.

    This dude was hand picked by John Elway to take over Denver before Manning signed.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #36

    so they would shit can him for a 3 or a 4 because........ ?

    (also brian hoyer sat behind tom brady for how long? )

    WSS

  • MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by MasterDog
    #37

    And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

  • And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #38

    @masterdog said:

    And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

    Gordon?

    Before the running game took a dump.

    like I said if he's the future of the denver broncos why would be dumped for a 3 or a 4?

    WSS

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Denver is keeping Osweiler. Manning is going to be done after this upcoming season.

  • @masterdog said:

    And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

    Gordon?

    Before the running game took a dump.

    like I said if he's the future of the denver broncos why would be dumped for a 3 or a 4?

    WSS

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @westside-steve said:

    Gordon?

    Before the running game took a dump.

    like I said if he's the future of the denver broncos why would be dumped for a 3 or a 4?

    WSS

    Because Manning might stick around for another 2-3 years.

  • And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @masterdog said:

    And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

    I think Hoyer is still 10-6 as a Browns starter.

    That includes last year with no running game (Willis Mcgahee anyone?) and the breakdown of the run game after the Mack injury this year. Also includes most of the year without Cameron and Gordon and the absolute death that Gordon was when he returned.

    Hoyer had 11 TDs and 5 Ints before Gordon came back, 1 TDs and 8 Ints once he came back, of those INts, at least 5 or 6 (maybe more?)were targeted to Gordon who was either a) running the wrong route b ) making up his own route c) not paying attention or d) not giving the required effort on those passes

    Fuck Glennon and Cousins. Think they would go 10-6 with this team the past two years?

    I think of the QBs that are, or may be available, Foles and Bradford could be seen as upgrades over Hoyer, Sanchez and Locker could be seen as lateral moves with maybe more ceiling, these other guys ... I think it is taking a step back from Hoyer.

    Zombo

  • @masterdog said:

    And Hoyer started off 9-5 as a starter before Gordon sh!tted our season away..... 😆

    You have better options out there without breaking the bank?

    I think Hoyer is still 10-6 as a Browns starter.

    That includes last year with no running game (Willis Mcgahee anyone?) and the breakdown of the run game after the Mack injury this year. Also includes most of the year without Cameron and Gordon and the absolute death that Gordon was when he returned.

    Hoyer had 11 TDs and 5 Ints before Gordon came back, 1 TDs and 8 Ints once he came back, of those INts, at least 5 or 6 (maybe more?)were targeted to Gordon who was either a) running the wrong route b ) making up his own route c) not paying attention or d) not giving the required effort on those passes

    Fuck Glennon and Cousins. Think they would go 10-6 with this team the past two years?

    I think of the QBs that are, or may be available, Foles and Bradford could be seen as upgrades over Hoyer, Sanchez and Locker could be seen as lateral moves with maybe more ceiling, these other guys ... I think it is taking a step back from Hoyer.

    Zombo

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by MasterDog
    #42

    Zombo said:

    I think Hoyer is still 10-6 as a Browns starter.

    That includes last year with no running game (Willis Mcgahee anyone?) and the breakdown of the run game after the Mack injury this year. Also includes most of the year without Cameron and Gordon and the absolute death that Gordon was when he returned.

    Hoyer had 11 TDs and 5 Ints before Gordon came back, 1 TDs and 8 Ints once he came back, of those INts, at least 5 or 6 (maybe more?)were targeted to Gordon who was either a) running the wrong route b ) making up his own route c) not paying attention or d) not giving the required effort on those passes

    Zombo

    Good job on dissecting the numbers.

    No matter how you look at it, the return of Gordon played a major role in the past season's meltdown.

    And then you pour gasoline to the fire by starting Manziel in week 15.