mock draft thread
-
Dawson out of TCU. Kid is a damn good football player but has character issues. If you can snag him mid to late round, it would be tempting. Then make sure he ends up under the wing of Dansby, Whitner and Craig.
Dawson out of TCU. Kid is a damn good football player but has character issues. If you can snag him mid to late round, it would be tempting. Then make sure he ends up under the wing of Dansby, Whitner and Craig.
Dawson just stared showing up as a late 1st round OLB/ILB choice in the First-Pick sim.
Two small DEs that may stand up as OLBs look interesting: Washington's Hauoli Kikaha and Missou's Markus Golden. I just started looking at Golden.
-
When I hear "character issues" I think:
2nd chance, I'm maybe okay....maybe giving them a second chance....
3rd/4th...drop like a hot rock.
-
Here is my first crack at a fanspeak mock draft. I would be pretty happy with this.
12: R1P12DT DANNY SHELTONWASHINGTON19: R1P19OLB VIC BEASLEYCLEMSON43: R2P11OT JEREMIAH POUTASIUTAH77: R3P13WR DEVIN SMITHOHIO STATE108: R4P12TE TYLER KROFTRUTGERS112: R4P16G JOSUE MATIASFLORIDA STATE139: R5P11WR VINCE MAYLEWASHINGTON STATE173: R6P13FB JALSTON FOWLERALABAMA186: R6P26QB SEAN MANNIONOREGON STATE204: R7P12C MAX GARCIAFLORIDA -
Unless he fires up a spliff and shoots a puppy during the combine - not a chance Devin drops to the 3rd round. It'd sure be nice though.
-
Unless he fires up a spliff and shoots a puppy during the combine - not a chance Devin drops to the 3rd round. It'd sure be nice though.
-
Mel Kipper Mock 2.0 :
#12 - Devante Parker, WR, Louisville
#19 - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
Winston @ #1, Mariota @ #6 . . .
-
Pat Kirwan's first Mock for 2015 :
#12 - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
#19 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
Don't see the WR, not Farmer's MO.
Mariota @ #1, and Winston @ #2.
. . . and I don't want to hear any BS about us moving up to get Mariota . . . no freaking way.
Dear god, no. First off, not a chance we invest a pick that high in OT and hopefully our scouts see some of the things brought to light on this board about Schreff. As for Coates? At 19 I'd rather just hold off and go WR in the 2nd round. I don't see him being worth a high 1st rounder.
Dear god, no. First off, not a chance we invest a pick that high in OT and hopefully our scouts see some of the things brought to light on this board about Schreff. As for Coates? At 19 I'd rather just hold off and go WR in the 2nd round. I don't see him being worth a high 1st rounder.
I don't have a major problem @ 19 of taking OL, but @ 12 I'm really thinking DL.
That's as of now, without Combine & FA info, plus assuming we still have those picks.
-
Dear god, no. First off, not a chance we invest a pick that high in OT and hopefully our scouts see some of the things brought to light on this board about Schreff. As for Coates? At 19 I'd rather just hold off and go WR in the 2nd round. I don't see him being worth a high 1st rounder.
I don't have a major problem @ 19 of taking OL, but @ 12 I'm really thinking DL.
That's as of now, without Combine & FA info, plus assuming we still have those picks.
I don't have a major problem @ 19 of taking OL, but @ 12 I'm really thinking DL.
That's as of now, without Combine & FA info, plus assuming we still have those picks.
At this point, I have zero issues with our first 2 picks being defense. I was waiting for PFF to release their Pass Rush Efficiency stats this year. I expected the Browns to do poorly, but they ranked dead last without the blitz.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/11/sig-stats-team-blitzing/
That's unacceptable. Especially in a division that has two Olines on the rise in Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
We need to not only get this defensive interior right against the run, but we need more firepower in getting after the QB. In a league now dominated by officials that wont let you breathe on a receiver, the only way to stop or slow the passing game is getting to the QB. Period.
-
In a draft that is very deep in olinemen, especially tackles, why draft one
in the first round? And I'm always interested in oline high...
I'm fine with whoever they draft, but I think if a team is looking for
a legit #1 wr to step in... you really need to take one in the first round,
because a lot of other teams are also looking for top flight wr's,
and the #1 wr depth in this draft isn't all that deep.
If there's one in the second round, great, that's just what I think.
Just seems like the Browns are so close to really getting a fine roster intact,
the needs are short, and the upgrading isn't as easy as in the past.
That's a huge upside.
-
12: R1P12WR AMARI COOPERALABAMA19: R1P19OLB VIC BEASLEYCLEMSON43: R2P11OT T.J. CLEMMINGSPITTSBURGH77: R3P13TE DEVIN FUNCHESSMICHIGAN108: R4P12QB GARRETT GRAYSONCOLORADO STATE112: R4P16DE ANTHONY CHICKILLOMIAMI139: R5P11ILB TAIWAN JONESMICHIGAN STATE173: R6P13DT MARCUS HARDISONARIZONA STATE186: R6P26WR ANTWAN GOODLEYBAYLOR204: R7P12DT CHUCKY HUNTERTCUMy first attempt this year
-
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS
-
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS
I would love to know who the other Joe Thomas is in this draft.
Peat is damn good, but JT, he is not.
-
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS
I would love to know who the other Joe Thomas is in this draft.
Peat is damn good, but JT, he is not.
-
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS
I would love to know who the other Joe Thomas is in this draft.
Peat is damn good, but JT, he is not.
-
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS********************
If it were me, I could draft a big, smart, small school guy with great, quick feet, and coach him
up for the NFL... like maybe Cole Manhart, The top rated? OT small school guy. About
the fifth round. Clemmings is really great, though - he could step right in there..
-
Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.
WSS
I would love to know who the other Joe Thomas is in this draft.
Peat is damn good, but JT, he is not.
-
my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.
-
my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.
my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.
As a defensive guy, I just... I'd cry. It's poetry. Nevermind run, we'd have a hell if a pass rush as well.
-
12: R1P12WR AMARI COOPERALABAMA19: R1P19OLB VIC BEASLEYCLEMSON43: R2P11OT T.J. CLEMMINGSPITTSBURGH77: R3P13TE DEVIN FUNCHESSMICHIGAN108: R4P12QB GARRETT GRAYSONCOLORADO STATE112: R4P16DE ANTHONY CHICKILLOMIAMI139: R5P11ILB TAIWAN JONESMICHIGAN STATE173: R6P13DT MARCUS HARDISONARIZONA STATE186: R6P26WR ANTWAN GOODLEYBAYLOR204: R7P12DT CHUCKY HUNTERTCUMy first attempt this year12: R1P12WR AMARI COOPERALABAMA19: R1P19OLB VIC BEASLEYCLEMSON43: R2P11OT T.J. CLEMMINGSPITTSBURGH77: R3P13TE DEVIN FUNCHESSMICHIGAN108: R4P12QB GARRETT GRAYSONCOLORADO STATE112: R4P16DE ANTHONY CHICKILLOMIAMI139: R5P11ILB TAIWAN JONESMICHIGAN STATE173: R6P13DT MARCUS HARDISONARIZONA STATE186: R6P26WR ANTWAN GOODLEYBAYLOR204: R7P12DT CHUCKY HUNTERTCUMy first attempt this year
Cooper will be gone before 12
Funchess will be gone before Rd 3
-
On CBSSports.com

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login