Skip to content

mock draft thread

The Browns Board
207 27 7.2k
  • My reply was 100% for Woody's entertainment, but nothing makes up for suspect hands in a receiver...

    Nothing...

  • My reply was 100% for Woody's entertainment, but nothing makes up for suspect hands in a receiver...

    Nothing...

    @tour2ma said:

    My reply was 100% for Woody's entertainment, but nothing makes up for suspect hands in a receiver...Nothing...

    Not even a large, gifted athlete with a very high ceiling? That played through injuries, inconsistent QB play, and bad coaching.

  • my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

    Screen_shot_2015_02_13_at_9_11_48_PM.png

    doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.

    @miktoxic said:

    my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

    Screen_shot_2015_02_13_at_9_11_48_PM.png

    doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.

    Some might claim you are a Buckeye honk....taking so many from that school,

  • On CBSSports.com

    5ViG4ci.png

    @mld-woody said:

    On CBSSports.com

    5ViG4ci.png

    Second rounder.

  • @miktoxic said:

    my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

    Screen_shot_2015_02_13_at_9_11_48_PM.png

    doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.

    Some might claim you are a Buckeye honk....taking so many from that school,

    @the-gipper said:

    Some might claim you are a Buckeye honk....taking so many from that school,

    Also, Devin Smith will be gone before the 3rd

  • @the-gipper said:

    Some might claim you are a Buckeye honk....taking so many from that school,

    Also, Devin Smith will be gone before the 3rd

    @mld-woody said:

    Also, Devin Smith will be gone before the 3rd

    Devin Smith should probably go before Funchess.....but he probably won't. No, I think 2d and 3rd round for each is right.

  • @mld-woody said:

    On CBSSports.com

    5ViG4ci.png

    Second rounder.

    @the-gipper said:

    Second rounder.

    1) We'll need to see his combine

    2) We'll have to see if there is a run on WRs

    3) I hope he goes to a team with a creative/good offense that could utilize him best (Patriots, Broncos, etc). Basically what I was hoping for Denard and he ended up with the fucking Jags. That's not to say I wouldn't like him here, but I am not sure our staff could utilize him well enough. So, the Pats might take him at 32 right at the very end.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Also, Devin Smith will be gone before the 3rd

    Devin Smith should probably go before Funchess.....but he probably won't. No, I think 2d and 3rd round for each is right.

    @the-gipper said:

    Devin Smith should probably go before Funchess.....but he probably won't. No, I think 2d and 3rd round for each is right.

    Why should Smith go before Funchess?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Devin Smith should probably go before Funchess.....but he probably won't. No, I think 2d and 3rd round for each is right.

    Why should Smith go before Funchess?

    @mld-woody said:

    Why should Smith go before Funchess?

    seriously?.......12 tds in 33 catches......and a 28 yard average are 2 BIG reasons......and Smith can catch well too....

  • i know funchess needs to work on his hands, but his size and strength would be an asset to any team IMO. i had him in another fanspeak auto draft but there are plenty more big TE/WR hybrid guys coming out every year now it seems.

    hell mike evans could have been called a tight end except for where he lined up.

    @miktoxic said:

    i know funchess needs to work on his hands, but his size and strength would be an asset to any team IMO. i had him in another fanspeak auto draft but there are plenty more big TE/WR hybrid guys coming out every year now it seems.

    hell mike evans could have been called a tight end except for where he lined up.

    I see it as a negative because with his size he doesn't create seperation with his routes and his hands are questionable. I would probably curse just as loud as the day we took Braylon.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i know funchess needs to work on his hands, but his size and strength would be an asset to any team IMO. i had him in another fanspeak auto draft but there are plenty more big TE/WR hybrid guys coming out every year now it seems.

    hell mike evans could have been called a tight end except for where he lined up.

    I see it as a negative because with his size he doesn't create seperation with his routes and his hands are questionable. I would probably curse just as loud as the day we took Braylon.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I see it as a negative because with his size he doesn't create seperation with his routes and his hands are questionable. I would probably curse just as loud as the day we took Braylon.

    Braylon was a monster in college. If you cursed loudly when we took Braylon I imagine it was due to being an OSU fan, not any deep insight you had on his ability. But, I'm sure you totally knew best back then...

  • @mld-woody said:

    Why should Smith go before Funchess?

    seriously?.......12 tds in 33 catches......and a 28 yard average are 2 BIG reasons......and Smith can catch well too....

    @mudfly said:

    seriously?.......12 tds in 33 catches......and a 28 yard average are 2 BIG reasons......and Smith can catch well too....

    I didn't realize stats are the one thing that determines a players draft grade.

  • @mudfly said:

    seriously?.......12 tds in 33 catches......and a 28 yard average are 2 BIG reasons......and Smith can catch well too....

    I didn't realize stats are the one thing that determines a players draft grade.

    @mld-woody said:

    I didn't realize stats are the one thing that determines a players draft grade.

    and I dont think I said they did....

    Just a big part of the equation and analysis.....

    you asked for 2 reasons.....I gave you 3.....

    Here's more reasons(less stats)....better speed, better hands, more YAC, unique ability to score TD's.....

  • @mld-woody said:

    I didn't realize stats are the one thing that determines a players draft grade.

    and I dont think I said they did....

    Just a big part of the equation and analysis.....

    you asked for 2 reasons.....I gave you 3.....

    Here's more reasons(less stats)....better speed, better hands, more YAC, unique ability to score TD's.....

    @mudfly said:

    and I dont think I said they did....

    Just a big part of the equation and analysis.....

    you asked for 2 reasons.....I gave you 3.....

    Here's more reasons(less stats)....better speed, better hands, more YAC, unique ability to score TD's.....

    "unique ability to score TDs" Could you expand on that? I am interested in what is "unique" there.

    It will probably come down to which team wants a WR when, and what type or WR they want. Smitch and Funchess are two very, very different WRs. Teams that are interested in one may not be interested in another.

  • well.....id consider 12 TD's out of 33 catches an extremely high number....making it unique(which means kinda rare)..........

    And 28 yds per catch is off the charts.....

    So, yes, his #'s are very unique(not common)

    And, while I get that teams have different needs, I think the Browns need a big play maker....and to me, Smith fills that role better than Funchess....

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I see it as a negative because with his size he doesn't create seperation with his routes and his hands are questionable. I would probably curse just as loud as the day we took Braylon.

    Braylon was a monster in college. If you cursed loudly when we took Braylon I imagine it was due to being an OSU fan, not any deep insight you had on his ability. But, I'm sure you totally knew best back then...

    @mld-woody said:

    Braylon was a monster in college. If you cursed loudly when we took Braylon I imagine it was due to being an OSU fan, not any deep insight you had on his ability. But, I'm sure you totally knew best back then...

    Yeah...had NOTHING to do with the dropsies. Not a thing.... he was a fly trap receiver.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Braylon was a monster in college. If you cursed loudly when we took Braylon I imagine it was due to being an OSU fan, not any deep insight you had on his ability. But, I'm sure you totally knew best back then...

    Yeah...had NOTHING to do with the dropsies. Not a thing.... he was a fly trap receiver.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Yeah...had NOTHING to do with the dropsies. Not a thing.... he was a fly trap receiver.

    Are you also one of those guys that constantly complains about how dumb Kiper is?

  • well.....id consider 12 TD's out of 33 catches an extremely high number....making it unique(which means kinda rare)..........

    And 28 yds per catch is off the charts.....

    So, yes, his #'s are very unique(not common)

    And, while I get that teams have different needs, I think the Browns need a big play maker....and to me, Smith fills that role better than Funchess....

    @mudfly said:

    well.....id consider 12 TD's out of 33 catches an extremely high number....making it unique(which means kinda rare)..........

    And 28 yds per catch is off the charts.....

    So, yes, his #'s are very unique(not common)

    And, while I get that teams have different needs, I think the Browns need a big play maker....and to me, Smith fills that role better than Funchess....

    So he is fast and a deep threat? I guess that's "unique"? With the run game being as strong as it was for you guys those deep bombs opened up a lot.

    By that same reasoning though, I'd imagine a 6'5" WR that is still light on his feet and nimble is pretty unique too.

  • whatever ....I dont have a horse in this race and it's pretty clear you're a Mich homer...so if you like Funchess, then its not my job to change that....

    You asked, I answered. Simple.

    And I didnt say "deep threat" was unique.....I said 33% TD rate and 28 yds catch is unique.....please dont twist it....

    And if that's not unique, Id like ONE example of another receiver with numbers anywhere close to that....

  • whatever ....I dont have a horse in this race and it's pretty clear you're a Mich homer...so if you like Funchess, then its not my job to change that....

    You asked, I answered. Simple.

    And I didnt say "deep threat" was unique.....I said 33% TD rate and 28 yds catch is unique.....please dont twist it....

    And if that's not unique, Id like ONE example of another receiver with numbers anywhere close to that....

    @mudfly said:

    whatever ....I dont have a horse in this race and it's pretty clear you're a Mich homer...so if you like Funchess, then its not my job to change that....

    You asked, I answered. Simple.

    And I didnt say "deep threat" was unique.....I said 33% TD rate and 28 yds catch is unique.....please dont twist it....

    And if that's not unique, Id like ONE example of another receiver with numbers anywhere close to that....

    I couldn't tell you, I don't know the stats of every WR in the draft. That is a very high TD rate, but I am not sure how it directly relates to his draft stock. It could also be twisted the other way to say that he has a very limited route tree, and they didn't trust him with the more mundane catches.

    I am not saying one is going higher than the other. They're two very different WRs. Teams will draft based on the type of WR they need. You just seemed certain Smith should be drafted higher, and I was curious as to why.