Stop the Piling On!
-
Our owner has said there will be no big splash in free agency .........
Which means he thinks top players would be out of their minds to even want to come to such a dysfunctional team..... saying we wont spend is a nice way of saying we suck
Our owner has said there will be no big splash in free agency .........
Which means he thinks top players would be out of their minds to even want to come to such a dysfunctional team..... saying we wont spend is a nice way of saying we suck
He didn't say that. He said we probably won't be as active and make as big a splash. Last year we were pretty active.
Start reading and comprehending what was written rather than read what you want to read in to it..
-
Our owner has said there will be no big splash in free agency .........
Which means he thinks top players would be out of their minds to even want to come to such a dysfunctional team..... saying we wont spend is a nice way of saying we suck
He didn't say that. He said we probably won't be as active and make as big a splash. Last year we were pretty active.
Start reading and comprehending what was written rather than read what you want to read in to it..
He didn't say that. He said we probably won't be as active and make as big a splash. Last year we were pretty active.
Start reading and comprehending what was written rather than read what you want to read in to it..
Any comments about future strategy (i.e. Draft, Mariota, trades, FA signing, etc.) mean absolutely nothing and are usually more smoke screen than anything else. The Browns need a great draft and FA and perhaps one or two UDFA's to field a team that can consistently win. Call it a drip or call it a splash, we need some quality players and I expect them to be active in FA. Maybe it's not Suh-level dollars but as a body of work, I'll be disappointed in we don't get 6 FA players including a QB and two WR's.
-
I have confidence in Ray Farmer to get us the people we need to take us to the next level. Some people cannot get past the Manziel pick but you need to be objective and look at the bigger picture and how he did with his first draft in total including his free agents he brought aboard. I think Gilbert may turn around this year and if he doesn't that would be a big disappointment.
I would think an owner like Haslam who immediately gave Pettine a vote of confidence after the last game and now his standing behind Farmer over the textgate incident will only make these guys more motivated in their jobs. JMO.
-
I have confidence in Ray Farmer to get us the people we need to take us to the next level. Some people cannot get past the Manziel pick but you need to be objective and look at the bigger picture and how he did with his first draft in total including his free agents he brought aboard. I think Gilbert may turn around this year and if he doesn't that would be a big disappointment.
I would think an owner like Haslam who immediately gave Pettine a vote of confidence after the last game and now his standing behind Farmer over the textgate incident will only make these guys more motivated in their jobs. JMO.
I have confidence in Ray Farmer to get us the people we need to take us to the next level. Some people cannot get past the Manziel pick but you need to be objective and look at the bigger picture and how he did with his first draft in total including his free agents he brought aboard. I think Gilbert may turn around this year and if he doesn't that would be a big disappointment.
I would think an owner like Haslam who immediately gave Pettine a vote of confidence after the last game and now his standing behind Farmer over the textgate incident will only make these guys more motivated in their jobs. JMO.
Then I think you will be disappointed. I think we might sign 2-3-, maybe 4 players tops.
It's hard to say how we go after free agency. I think we will add a few players. Hard to say who or what positions. Once the free agents are actually free, then we might get a better idea.
-
FA must haves are: Gipson, a WR (hopefully 2) and a QB. I think they'll be as many as 6. None might be "splash" names, but I'm OK with that. As long as they contribute and improve the overall quality of the team.
-
I think we will. People complain about Farmer and possible bust picks in round one, but the way i see it is Farmer is very good at building the bottom of the roster. As good as I have seen in a long time, be it a limited time.
So that tells me he knows what he is looking for and is good at it. If Manziel and Gilbert totally flame out, I don't think many would have predicted that, especially Gilbert. I don't think either Gilbert or Manziel would have lasted more than a couple of picks further then when we took them, so sometimes it is simply luck of the draw. Some things can't be predicted.
-
I think we will. People complain about Farmer and possible bust picks in round one, but the way i see it is Farmer is very good at building the bottom of the roster. As good as I have seen in a long time, be it a limited time.
So that tells me he knows what he is looking for and is good at it. If Manziel and Gilbert totally flame out, I don't think many would have predicted that, especially Gilbert. I don't think either Gilbert or Manziel would have lasted more than a couple of picks further then when we took them, so sometimes it is simply luck of the draw. Some things can't be predicted.
I think we will. People complain about Farmer and possible bust picks in round one, but the way i see it is Farmer is very good at building the bottom of the roster. As good as I have seen in a long time, be it a limited time.
So that tells me he knows what he is looking for and is good at it. If Manziel and Gilbert totally flame out, I don't think many would have predicted that, especially Gilbert. I don't think either Gilbert or Manziel would have lasted more than a couple of picks further then when we took them, so sometimes it is simply luck of the draw. Some things can't be predicted.
I agree. Gilbert is an awesome athlete with the second fastest 40 time of any Browns player. With his height and ability, nobody could gave predicted the year he's had. Personally, I would have gone WR because we had Skrine and many draft picks. But I can't fault the Gilbert pick with the Buffalo trade. Manziel was a total high risk / high return pick, and sometimes you have to take those risks. Nonetheless, the Browns should have learned that selecting a "falling" QB in the draft is bad news. There is a reason why other teams are avoiding the pick, and they're probably right.
-
The only thing that will stop the negativity and "piling on" is winning. When the Browns were 7-4 at one point in the season I don't remember all the negative stories at that time?
-
The only thing that will stop the negativity and "piling on" is winning. When the Browns were 7-4 at one point in the season I don't remember all the negative stories at that time?
The only thing that will stop the negativity and "piling on" is winning. When the Browns were 7-4 at one point in the season I don't remember all the negative stories at that time?
While that may be true, the repeated negativity in the press was/is rediculous, unjustified, and frankly, unprofessional. The negativity should have been about Shanny and the players being suspended/going into rehab. Not about the Browns who improved their record and took a step forward in 2014 - in a division where 3 out of 4 teams male the playoffs! And without 2 1st round draft choices, many key injuries, and a below average QB.
But hey, someone saw this post, because I loved Terry Pluto's article on the Browns today. And if I were with the Browns, I would be promoting the positives aggressively and basically say, we're building a winning organization in Cleveland. It's going to take time, it's going to be hard work, and it's not going to always be linear. And my tone would be: For all you nay-Sayers out there, f-off and don't come looking for interviews when we start winning because we will remember how you expressed your opinion when we needed your support the most.
-
The only thing that will stop the negativity and "piling on" is winning. When the Browns were 7-4 at one point in the season I don't remember all the negative stories at that time?
While that may be true, the repeated negativity in the press was/is rediculous, unjustified, and frankly, unprofessional. The negativity should have been about Shanny and the players being suspended/going into rehab. Not about the Browns who improved their record and took a step forward in 2014 - in a division where 3 out of 4 teams male the playoffs! And without 2 1st round draft choices, many key injuries, and a below average QB.
But hey, someone saw this post, because I loved Terry Pluto's article on the Browns today. And if I were with the Browns, I would be promoting the positives aggressively and basically say, we're building a winning organization in Cleveland. It's going to take time, it's going to be hard work, and it's not going to always be linear. And my tone would be: For all you nay-Sayers out there, f-off and don't come looking for interviews when we start winning because we will remember how you expressed your opinion when we needed your support the most.
While that may be true, the repeated negativity in the press was/is rediculous, unjustified, and frankly, unprofessional. The negativity should have been about Shanny and the players being suspended/going into rehab. Not about the Browns who improved their record and took a step forward in 2014 - in a division where 3 out of 4 teams male the playoffs! And without 2 1st round draft choices, many key injuries, and a below average QB.
But hey, someone saw this post, because I loved Terry Pluto's article on the Browns today. And if I were with the Browns, I would be promoting the positives aggressively and basically say, we're building a winning organization in Cleveland. It's going to take time, it's going to be hard work, and it's not going to always be linear. And my tone would be: For all you nay-Sayers out there, f-off and don't come looking for interviews when we start winning because we will remember how you expressed your opinion when we needed your support the most.
I don't see where being negative ever helps anything. The people I knew in business who were always negative ended up with failed businesses. I believe in positive criticism but not the negativism that just tears down.
-
While that may be true, the repeated negativity in the press was/is rediculous, unjustified, and frankly, unprofessional. The negativity should have been about Shanny and the players being suspended/going into rehab. Not about the Browns who improved their record and took a step forward in 2014 - in a division where 3 out of 4 teams male the playoffs! And without 2 1st round draft choices, many key injuries, and a below average QB.
But hey, someone saw this post, because I loved Terry Pluto's article on the Browns today. And if I were with the Browns, I would be promoting the positives aggressively and basically say, we're building a winning organization in Cleveland. It's going to take time, it's going to be hard work, and it's not going to always be linear. And my tone would be: For all you nay-Sayers out there, f-off and don't come looking for interviews when we start winning because we will remember how you expressed your opinion when we needed your support the most.
I don't see where being negative ever helps anything. The people I knew in business who were always negative ended up with failed businesses. I believe in positive criticism but not the negativism that just tears down.
I don't see where being negative ever helps anything. The people I knew in business who were always negative ended up with failed businesses. I believe in positive criticism but not the negativism that just tears down.
+1 on that....
I know of NO successful people in life who would elect to have a whiner, second guesser or cry baby on their team....
Finger pointers and second guessers offer zero that we dont already know.....they thrive on pointing out the obvious, whilst rarely offering an answer or positive solution......they really are only good at pointing other peoples failings
while positive-forward thinking people are the ones who can set aside the past....think about the present.....and offer ideas, solutions and positive energy moving toward.....
-
I'll take objective over positive and negative...
That is the word I was searching for.
I don't know of any business that succeeded and got to the top by being negative all the time, whining and complaining, finger pointing. or being divisive and not working together. I read where Haslam felt he was sucker punched with the recent criticism for him bringing nothing but misery and instability to the Browns. I didn't like that assessment myself. He is a new owner who might have made some mistakes but he was wise enough to hire Pettine as HC. I give Haslam credit for sticking by his GM over the texting. I saw where he put millions of his own money into stadium improvements. That is not a requirement of an owner. I look at last season as year one of the Haslam, Farmer and Pettine team. They did better than expected. I want to see where they take us after another couple seasons. The bottom line are the results. It would be a big disappointment if they aren't competing for the division title next season. They gave it a nice run this year.
-
I'll take objective over positive and negative...
That is the word I was searching for.
I don't know of any business that succeeded and got to the top by being negative all the time, whining and complaining, finger pointing. or being divisive and not working together. I read where Haslam felt he was sucker punched with the recent criticism for him bringing nothing but misery and instability to the Browns. I didn't like that assessment myself. He is a new owner who might have made some mistakes but he was wise enough to hire Pettine as HC. I give Haslam credit for sticking by his GM over the texting. I saw where he put millions of his own money into stadium improvements. That is not a requirement of an owner. I look at last season as year one of the Haslam, Farmer and Pettine team. They did better than expected. I want to see where they take us after another couple seasons. The bottom line are the results. It would be a big disappointment if they aren't competing for the division title next season. They gave it a nice run this year.
It would be a big disappointment if they aren't competing for the division title next season.
Objectively speaking, with the current state of the roster - hell the entire franchise - coupled with next year's schedule, that is some positive thinking right there.
-
It would be a big disappointment if they aren't competing for the division title next season.
Objectively speaking, with the current state of the roster - hell the entire franchise - coupled with next year's schedule, that is some positive thinking right there.
Objectively speaking, with the current state of the roster - hell the entire franchise - coupled with next year's schedule, that is some positive thinking right there.
We proved this year we can compete with all the teams in our division. All the teams in the division are facing next year's tougher schedule too. But I am a positive guy anyway
...being negative gets you nowhere.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login