Skip to content

Former Bucs GM preferes Mariota over Winston at #1

The Browns Board
47 18 1.5k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And sucks at football.

    thats the key

    lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....

    same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #22

    @manzier said:

    thats the key

    lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....

    same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.

    Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on. I guess there are some Baltimore Ravens fans that give Ray Rice A boys will be boys pass but...

    WSS

  • @manzier said:

    thats the key

    lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....

    same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.

    Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on. I guess there are some Baltimore Ravens fans that give Ray Rice A boys will be boys pass but...

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @westside-steve said:

    Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on.

    I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.

    But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on.

    I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.

    But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.

    But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.

    Exactly what I was thinking about. So you think after the alleged rape the comments in the cafeteria were okay? Or not related? Or what?

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.

    But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.

    Exactly what I was thinking about. So you think after the alleged rape the comments in the cafeteria were okay? Or not related? Or what?

    WSS

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @westside-steve said:

    Exactly what I was thinking about. So you think after the alleged rape the comments in the cafeteria were okay? Or not related? Or what?

    WSS

    It was a popular internet meme at the time. Not related at all.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I thought another red flag with Winston was in the Oregon game when it looked like he was arguing with his coach and the coach telling him to calm down or he would sit him on the bench (or words to that effect).

    Maybe it is no big deal but for me just adding to his other issues.

  • I thought another red flag with Winston was in the Oregon game when it looked like he was arguing with his coach and the coach telling him to calm down or he would sit him on the bench (or words to that effect).

    Maybe it is no big deal but for me just adding to his other issues.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I thought another red flag with Winston was in the Oregon game when it looked like he was arguing with his coach and the coach telling him to calm down or he would sit him on the bench (or words to that effect).

    Maybe it is no big deal but for me just adding to his other issues.

    See, I thought that was referencing his erratic play that game.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #28

    "It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.

    Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.

  • "It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.

    Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    "It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.

    Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.

    To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Maybe that's what JM was going for...

  • @bob806 said:

    Lol...maybe that's why he is the "former" GM.

    I think Winston will have a better career if he screws his head on straight.

    He's the former GM because he couldn't get along with Greg Schiano and that entire franchise essentially blew up because of it.

    He may have drafted Freeman, but he also drafted Gerald McCoy, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Mark Barron, Doug Martin, Lavonte David and signed Jamon Meredith, Carl Nicks, Vincent Jackson. He seems to follow the exact strategy that many on here are harping about - build from the interior.

    The fact that the Bucs couldn't win with the amount of talent they had is not an indictment of Dominik, its proof that you can build both lines and add solid defensive talent, but it's all for naught if you have a dumpster-fire quarterback situation.

    As for Winston, I agree. I think his off the field problems are less of concern than Manziel's by far. I also think Mariota is destined for mediocrity.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's the former GM because he couldn't get along with Greg Schiano and that entire franchise essentially blew up because of it.

    He may have drafted Freeman, but he also drafted Gerald McCoy, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Mark Barron, Doug Martin, Lavonte David and signed Jamon Meredith, Carl Nicks, Vincent Jackson. He seems to follow the exact strategy that many on here are harping about - build from the interior.

    The fact that the Bucs couldn't win with the amount of talent they had is not an indictment of Dominik, its proof that you can build both lines and add solid defensive talent, but it's all for naught if you have a dumpster-fire quarterback situation.

    As for Winston, I agree. I think his off the field problems are less of concern than Manziel's by far. I also think Mariota is destined for mediocrity.

    Yeah, the Bucs have had some talent. I didn't realize he was the GM that put most of that together.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    "It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.

    Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.

    To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.

    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.

    I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.

    I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.

    Same for me.

    I'd rather take the guy who has had to win games on his own rather than the guy who has always had the competitive advantage.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Search "fuck her right in the pussy" on YouTube, I'll wait.

    Oh, you're back? Did you see literally hundreds of people trolling news anchors on location by screaming "fuck her right in the pussy" on LIVE broadcast?

    Winston didn't say anything to thousands of viewers on live television.

    He got "caught" because he's famous, famous for being a good QB....

    If you found out your cable guy screamed "fuck her right in the pussy" would you switch to dish?

  • kinda Fd up that that is how most nfl personnel thought about manziel last year before the draft and we still handed in the ticket with his name on it.

    i'd take mariota over winston all day long. winston is freeman all over again. i'd compare mariota to more a kaepernik without the moxy.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @miktoxic said:

    i'd compare mariota to more a kaepernik without the moxy.

    And without the strong arm. He's a weaker armed version of kaepernik.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.

    Same for me.

    I'd rather take the guy who has had to win games on his own rather than the guy who has always had the competitive advantage.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Same for me.

    I'd rather take the guy who has had to win games on his own rather than the guy who has always had the competitive advantage.

    Like..........

    .....

    Johnny.

    WSS

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #37

    are some of you guys really on board with mortgaging a draft we desperately need, and possibly some of next years too...to get a skinny read option qb with a just slightly above avg arm? Is nobody feeling any deja vu?

  • are some of you guys really on board with mortgaging a draft we desperately need, and possibly some of next years too...to get a skinny read option qb with a just slightly above avg arm? Is nobody feeling any deja vu?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @clevfan4life said:

    are some of you guys really on board with mortgaging a draft we desperately need, and possibly some of next years too...to get a skinny read option qb

    Im not on board.....at all..................zee roe!

  • @axe said:

    If your record as a GM is 28-52 over 5 yrs then you need to STFU!

    Dominik is a joke..

    Oh. GM's coach games?

    I could put together the best team in the world for you. I doubt you'd know how to win with it.

    @masterdog said:

    He stood up in front of the entire student cafeteria and screamed, "Fock her right in the pussy".

    That screams immaturity and the thinking that he is immune to consequences. I've seen how these folks usually end up.

    The stealing of the crab legs...that's just dumb. Surprise he didn't go after KFC next.

    And with the rape case, would it surprise you one bit if he really did do it? This is coming from a person that stood in front of a large audience and screamed...."i fock her right in the pussy." There's something mentally not right with people that do shit like this.

    '

    A college kid screaming something immature to impress his friends? Clearly, he's not NFL material.

    I was actually going to counter this argument with logic, but then I realized you're nothing but a racist piece of shit. You're not worth my time.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    '

    A college kid screaming something immature to impress his friends? Clearly, he's not NFL material.

    I don't think that episode had anything to do with "impressing" his friends. It's his ego, and it thought it ran the whole school. Huge red flag. What someone else said....it's a person who thinks they're relatively immune to consequences. Haven't we seen enough of that kind of mind set? You are a Browns i'm assuming right?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    are some of you guys really on board with mortgaging a draft we desperately need, and possibly some of next years too...to get a skinny read option qb

    Im not on board.....at all..................zee roe!

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @mudfly said:

    Im not on board.....at all..................zee roe!

    I would any Browns fan at this point would not be. I get it, if the QB position is a hot mess it's hard to win. But other teams have proven that a solid team can make up in part for bad qb play. If we more or less had all the pieces in place, fine...give up some picks. Like the Cavs did this year when they sold off a bunch of picks to bring in Moz and Smith/Shumpert....why not they already have pieces for years to come. Browns aren't in that position.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    '

    A college kid screaming something immature to impress his friends? Clearly, he's not NFL material.

    I don't think that episode had anything to do with "impressing" his friends. It's his ego, and it thought it ran the whole school. Huge red flag. What someone else said....it's a person who thinks they're relatively immune to consequences. Haven't we seen enough of that kind of mind set? You are a Browns i'm assuming right?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't think that episode had anything to do with "impressing" his friends. It's his ego, and it thought it ran the whole school. Huge red flag. What someone else said....it's a person who thinks they're relatively immune to consequences. Haven't we seen enough of that kind of mind set? You are a Browns i'm assuming right?

    Hilarious.

    It clearly means he's a spoiled piece of shit with no regards for other people. Clearly.