Skip to content

O-line Draft Class of 2015

The Browns Board
86 18 5.1k
  • Offensive Guard Reviews
    • AJ Cann: S. Car (02-24-15) vs. TAMU/ Missou - unimpressed; Anchors well v pass rush, moves better than advertised getting quickly to 2nd level, but... gets lost in space. Sees stunts, etc. but can't get to them. Anticipation? Reaction? Some of the latter for sure as he ws eaten up by two diferent Missou DL quick off the ball and taking angles..
    • Adam Shead: OU (02-13-15) vs. WVU - Moved OK on one pull, better pass drop than OTs, no fire
    • Tre' Jackson: FSU (04-17/15) vs. ND/ Ok St. - not athletic enough for ZBS as is, maybe shed a few lbs?
  • Center Reviews

    • C Hronis Grasu: Oregon (02-14-15) vs. UCLA/ FSU/ OSU - good head/ line calls, but can't handle D-line 1 on 1; lotta 2nd level with good movement, Strength is big question.
    • Reese Dismukes: Auburn (04/17/15) vs. Miss St/ LSU - moves to 2nd level nicely, gets angle and levers well against bigger D... surprisingly tough to budge
    • B.J. Finney: KSU (04-17-15) vs. OK - looks lost while on the move, seldom finds target; beefy, does better locked up 1 on 1 vs D-line, but gets beaten if has to move. - distraction Glenn Gronkowski, TE... yes, his "lil" brother...
    • Andy Gallik: BC (04-17-15) vs. USC - good brawler with surprisingly good movement; raw, but promising - distracted by QB, Darius Wade
  • More ramblings about Schreff having to move to the interior at the NFL level. I agreed with your early analysis about not seeing why he was such a hyped prospect.

    Looks like you were spot on from the beginning.

  • Well, what are you saying about these guys in respect to the Browns drafting them?

  • Thanks... to be honest I do not think Scherff is that hot of a prospect for the inside. He's a project, an enticingly athletic looking one no doubt (as was Greg Robinson last year), but a prospect, not a plug and play guy.

    So far I see only two plug and play OTs: Peat (LT) and Clemmings (RT).

  • OL talk?

    LB U was penn state at one time.

    OL U is still wisconsin IMO.

    i know a certain alum currently playing LT would think the same.

  • Well, what are you saying about these guys in respect to the Browns drafting them?

    Without a doubt, mik... but more for interior guys than OTs. That said of the 45 players listed there is exactly one Wisconsin lineman on the list... and he's the #13-ranked OT.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, what are you saying about these guys in respect to the Browns drafting them?

    Just raw notes so far, but were I to sum them up so far I'd have to say I see only one top OT prospect and two worthy of a 1st rounder. The top guy will be long gone before we pick and in any case both will end up in groupings with other position players of greater need.

    But with 40 or so to go, hopefully an interior guy and/or a late round OT will impress me.

  • I would love to get our hands on a guy like Zack Martin in this draft and move him to the right side. Sherff is animal. I don't get all the negative reviews.

  • I don't know how to imbed a gif, but here's a link.

    http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253927&gif=GleamingDependentHeron

    Only 15 seconds, and it's not like Scherff does nothing good, but I see way too much of this from him.

    He ain't Zack Martin.

  • I don't know how to imbed a gif

    Are you making a pun?

    Here is a gif:

    watsonvergara49-1419887867.gif

  • It would be amazing if Clemmings fell to the #19 pick. I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

  • It would be amazing if Clemmings fell to the #19 pick. I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

    @secondwave said:

    It would be amazing if Clemmings fell to the #19 pick. I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

    Tour, can you talk a little bit more about Clemmings? He seems to be in a lot of mocks for the Browns at #19.

  • QGS6UfA.gifHere is another gif you can imbed.

    sexy-gif.gif?fit=500%2C276

  • DirtyOldMan.

  • I don't know how to imbed a gif

    Are you making a pun?

    Here is a gif:

    watsonvergara49-1419887867.gif

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know how to imbed a gif

    Are you making a pun?

    Nope... no pun... If you can figure out how to turn my link into a viewable gif, please let me know. All I get is a message about not having permission to post link with that extension or some such wording.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Tour, can you talk a little bit more about Clemmings? He seems to be in a lot of mocks for the Browns at #19.

    Not a lot more... Clemmings looks very solid on tape. Good technique, good fluid motion. He's very close to Peat, but just not as silky smooth to my eye. Peat looks effortless; TJ looks to be trying a little.

    Thing is that he is at RT in game tapes I saw, so I can't project him at LT. Some players flip sides without issue, but others can't... and it does not correlate with how good they are on one side. Should get some idea of this at the Combine.

    No doubt in my mind that TJ would upgrade our RT situation, but to spend a first round pick on him. I'd have to be convinced he is also my next LT.

  • Spent a little time with three OU players today, LT, RT and LG.

    Nothing of note except OU needs a new O-line coach. All three play like sumo wrestlers...

    LT Tyrus Thompson: Oklahoma (02-13-15) vs. WVU - Slow, no tech.. no kick drop; no fireout, awkward,

    RT Daryl Williams: Oklahoma (02-13-15) vs. WVU - fledgling kick, ugly chop with bit wide stance and lean, mild fire a bit upright, crosses feet in retreat

    OG Adam Shead: OU (02-13-15) vs. WVU - Moved OK on one pull, better pass drop than OTs, no fire

  • DirtyOldMan.

    @miktoxic said:

    DirtyOldMan.

    I might fit that mold as well, but I'll tell you, the only thing that has changed is the "Old" part.

    Your day will arrive soon enough, unless you end up like Bruce Jenner and want a sex change operation or you lose your interest in sex.

  • @miktoxic said:

    DirtyOldMan.

    I might fit that mold as well, but I'll tell you, the only thing that has changed is the "Old" part.

    Your day will arrive soon enough, unless you end up like Bruce Jenner and want a sex change operation or you lose your interest in sex.

    @ballpeen said:

    I might fit that mold as well, but I'll tell you, the only thing that has changed is the "Old" part.

    Your day will arrive soon enough, unless you end up like Bruce Jenner and want a sex change operation or you lose your interest in sex.

    it was a joke and i am old.

  • DirtyOldMan.

    @miktoxic said:

    DirtyOldMan.

    The pot calling the kettle a pervert.

  • DirtyOldMan.

    @miktoxic said:

    DirtyOldMan.

    At least I like women......as Peen noted....you are probably thrilled by Jenner's sex change, eh? 😉