total apathy.
-
How the season goes in 2015 is up in the air with the decisions that are going to be made going into the season. If they go with starting JM I can't see it going well. I believe the team has enough talent with a veteran QB or Hoyer they can compete. 2016 is probably the year to go after the right QB.
We don't have a QB. Hoyer, right now, is our best shot at success. We all know where his ceiling is and we know he doesn't want to come here. There are no good options in FA and no reasonable options in trade. Apparently we're talking with McCown - Oh boy, I'm so excited for Josh McCown. Johnny Manziel was a waste of a pick and set us back two years. We're playing the AFCW and NFCW. We're learning a new offense. We can't retain free agents. We're going to dick up the uniforms. What a great day it is to be a Browns fan.
We don't have a QB. Hoyer, right now, is our best shot at success. We all know where his ceiling is and we know he doesn't want to come here. There are no good options in FA and no reasonable options in trade. Apparently we're talking with McCown - Oh boy, I'm so excited for Josh McCown. Johnny Manziel was a waste of a pick and set us back two years. We're playing the AFCW and NFCW. We're learning a new offense. We can't retain free agents. We're going to dick up the uniforms. What a great day it is to be a Browns fan.
Let the good times roll!
-
How the season goes in 2015 is up in the air with the decisions that are going to be made going into the season. If they go with starting JM I can't see it going well. I believe the team has enough talent with a veteran QB or Hoyer they can compete. 2016 is probably the year to go after the right QB.
We don't have a QB. Hoyer, right now, is our best shot at success. We all know where his ceiling is and we know he doesn't want to come here. There are no good options in FA and no reasonable options in trade. Apparently we're talking with McCown - Oh boy, I'm so excited for Josh McCown. Johnny Manziel was a waste of a pick and set us back two years. We're playing the AFCW and NFCW. We're learning a new offense. We can't retain free agents. We're going to dick up the uniforms. What a great day it is to be a Browns fan.
We don't have a QB. Hoyer, right now, is our best shot at success. We all know where his ceiling is and we know he doesn't want to come here. There are no good options in FA and no reasonable options in trade. Apparently we're talking with McCown - Oh boy, I'm so excited for Josh McCown. Johnny Manziel was a waste of a pick and set us back two years. We're playing the AFCW and NFCW. We're learning a new offense. We can't retain free agents. We're going to dick up the uniforms. What a great day it is to be a Browns fan.
Heeerre Man, Hit This...

-
half these kids on here act as though rooting for the browns for 5-10 years is a death sentence.
if that was the case i'd be dead 30 years ago.
this is the way we roll. ups, downs, sides to sides........like the old blue streak at cedar point. you wanna put your hands up but if you do it at the wrong time you'll be launched into sandusky bay.
-
half these kids on here act as though rooting for the browns for 5-10 years is a death sentence.
if that was the case i'd be dead 30 years ago.
this is the way we roll. ups, downs, sides to sides........like the old blue streak at cedar point. you wanna put your hands up but if you do it at the wrong time you'll be launched into sandusky bay.
half these kids on here act as though rooting for the browns for 5-10 years is a death sentence.
if that was the case i'd be dead 30 years ago.
this is the way we roll. ups, downs, sides to sides........like the old blue streak at cedar point. you wanna put your hands up but if you do it at the wrong time you'll be launched into sandusky bay.
I was born in the late 80s. The only ups I remember are blowing the wildcard to Pittsburgh and Derek Anderson's magical season.
-
half these kids on here act as though rooting for the browns for 5-10 years is a death sentence.
if that was the case i'd be dead 30 years ago.
this is the way we roll. ups, downs, sides to sides........like the old blue streak at cedar point. you wanna put your hands up but if you do it at the wrong time you'll be launched into sandusky bay.
I was born in the late 80s. The only ups I remember are blowing the wildcard to Pittsburgh and Derek Anderson's magical season.
I was born in the late 80s. The only ups I remember are blowing the wildcard to Pittsburgh and Derek Anderson's magical season.
I got to watch all the 80s failures as a little kid. 6,7, and 9 is not too young to feel heartbreaking losses.
-
I actually think my expectations may have risen, Johnny Manziel was a terrible pick, but you are correct that this franchise is a clusterfuck.
-
"We will Franchise tag Rubin or Sheard"
Zero chance on either of those IMO. Rubinwas wildly overpaid for his production last year and would require a significant bump. Sheard is *fine* but would command top 5 OLB money, and he's not worth close to that. 2 sacks?
I'd be surprised if we franchise anyone this year.
"We will Franchise tag Rubin or Sheard"
Zero chance on either of those IMO. Rubinwas wildly overpaid for his production last year and would require a significant bump. Sheard is *fine* but would command top 5 OLB money, and he's not worth close to that. 2 sacks?
I'd be surprised if we franchise anyone this year.
If they can't resign him, the Browns will almost certainly tag Gipson.
-
-
"We will Franchise tag Rubin or Sheard"
Zero chance on either of those IMO. Rubinwas wildly overpaid for his production last year and would require a significant bump. Sheard is *fine* but would command top 5 OLB money, and he's not worth close to that. 2 sacks?
I'd be surprised if we franchise anyone this year.
If they can't resign him, the Browns will almost certainly tag Gipson.
-
I'll keep feeding the addicts in denial.
NFL Network beginning 9am eastern time tomorrow showcasing prospect testing.
-
Another scandal
. Pettine said about Justin Gilbert โI donโt want to get into it,โ Pettine said. โItโs very personal.โThis stuff cannot possibly be going on with other NFL teams where every word gets twisted and magnified ridiculously out of proportion.
Really, the coach saying the issues with Gilbert is personal is that bad??
-
-
One team deflates footballs and that was a scandal until they won the SB then that story faded off the headlines. It all comes down to winning. Yeah you don't want to give the media the stories but the story I posted about Pettine and Gilbert's personal issues is a non story at best. So in that respect it is just going to happen continually until the team starts winning on a regular basis. I think with Pettine he will get the job done in 3 years. That is the goal I would like to see anyway.
-
For the first time in ever I don't even care what the browns do or don't do in free agency. I don't care who they put on the field. I don't care who they draft. I'm not sure I can bear spending 16 weeks in my favorite time of the year sitting in front of the television watching this train wreck. They have to win me back now and not on draft day or in press conferences. On the field.
...
...
Thank god for the buckeyes.
For the first time in ever I don't even care what the browns do or don't do in free agency. I don't care who they put on the field. I don't care who they draft. I'm not sure I can bear spending 16 weeks in my favorite time of the year sitting in front of the television watching this train wreck. They have to win me back now and not on draft day or in press conferences. On the field.
...
...
The vibe of your post is totally counter of your avatar. The FO has been too impatient with the coaching staff. With as many HC's and the Browns have had since their re-entry, it is ridiculous. How many starting QB's? Totally nuts. The league stacked the deck against the expansion Browns and Texans in '99. No way were they going to win with the picks they were given, not like when Carolina came in. The Texans drafted wisely and they had 3 straight playoff appearances and then in 2013 they won their first 2 and lost 14 straight.
I say draft Lael Collins(OT) and a wide out in the first round, defensive lineman in the second and go from there.
-
If Pet gets a QB, we'll win. I don't see Johnny ever being that QB, regardless of how he comes out of rehab, so the FO has to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
If Pet gets a QB, we'll win. I don't see Johnny ever being that QB, regardless of how he comes out of rehab, so the FO has to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Round peg in a square hole is how they're trying to make Johnny fit and it won't work.
Hoyer is scared. Ever since the injury, kaput, finis, frightened.Before that, Weeden - Big 12 - no competition and no good. I loved it last year when he came in for Romo and totally threw the ball away. Bryant comes up to him making the crazy gesture.
McCoy - Alabama ruined him in the national championship game. I also don't think any QB who is worth his salt would let himself be pulled from a game that important. (Sit down son you have millions at stake coming from the morons in Cleveland who have no idea on how to evaluate talent).
I'd throw Johnny out there in the deep end of the pool and see if he can swim or not. He was great in college.
Hell maybe he could return kicks and punts!
-
Another scandal
. Pettine said about Justin Gilbert โI donโt want to get into it,โ Pettine said. โItโs very personal.โThis stuff cannot possibly be going on with other NFL teams where every word gets twisted and magnified ridiculously out of proportion.
Really, the coach saying the issues with Gilbert is personal is that bad??
Another scandal
. Pettine said about Justin Gilbert โI donโt want to get into it,โ Pettine said. โItโs very personal.โThis stuff cannot possibly be going on with other NFL teams where every word gets twisted and magnified ridiculously out of proportion.
Really, the coach saying the issues with Gilbert is personal is that bad??
Consider the slant from that article- it's BSPN- the National Enquirer of sensationalism.
-
If Pet gets a QB, we'll win. I don't see Johnny ever being that QB, regardless of how he comes out of rehab, so the FO has to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
If Pet gets a QB, we'll win. I don't see Johnny ever being that QB, regardless of how he comes out of rehab, so the FO has to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
One path I see is upgrading the defense which is very doable to where the Browns can have one of the better defenses. If the Browns can keep the score down then hope you have enough offense to win. I don't think the Browns will win any shoot out games. It's frustrating to see a team with talent not have the key player in place but I don't see it as hopeless by any means. Play to your strengths which should be our defense.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login