Skip to content

Resign Sheard and pay Taylor

The Browns Board
70 21 2.3k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Billy by the end of last year was beginning to settle into his new weight. Not only did he have to put on that much bulk in one off season - but you then have to adjust physically to being able to play with it. The body doesn't do that overnight nor through the early goings of a season. Perhaps Winn can be more effect this year at 300 bills? I'd like to think so, but his per snap effectiveness and his ability to play as a bigger strong side end with quicks was truly his greatest asset.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Sheard to the pats as per schefter....visiting tomorrow

  • Browns_Fucking_RuleB Browns_Fucking_Rule wrote on last edited by
    #58

    This is all kind of meh to me... Sheard is alright... undoubtedly the best strong side lb on the team last year, but he isn't really all that good... doesn't say much for our lb core.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #59

    We have to keep Sheard. He's a beast. I hope we match whatever they offer him and then some to keep him around. He's still really young and improving. Fuck the Patriots.

  • We have to keep Sheard. He's a beast. I hope we match whatever they offer him and then some to keep him around. He's still really young and improving. Fuck the Patriots.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @poeticg said:

    We have to keep Sheard. He's a beast. I hope we match whatever they offer him and then some to keep him around. He's still really young and improving. Fuck the Patriots.

    He is by no means irreplaceable.....if the Browns choose to replace him. Orakpo, Worilds could do the job....and maybe any number of others.

  • @poeticg said:

    We have to keep Sheard. He's a beast. I hope we match whatever they offer him and then some to keep him around. He's still really young and improving. Fuck the Patriots.

    He is by no means irreplaceable.....if the Browns choose to replace him. Orakpo, Worilds could do the job....and maybe any number of others.

    U utzie wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @the-gipper said:

    He is by no means irreplaceable.....if the Browns choose to replace him. Orakpo, Worilds could do the job....and maybe any number of others.

    Worilds retired, FYI.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He is by no means irreplaceable.....if the Browns choose to replace him. Orakpo, Worilds could do the job....and maybe any number of others.

    Worilds retired, FYI.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @utzie said:

    Worilds retired, FYI.

    Yea, I saw. Is that gonna stick? Any reason why? Was he a multiple concussion guy?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #63

    sheard is getting a look over by NE today i believe.

  • @utzie said:

    Worilds retired, FYI.

    Yea, I saw. Is that gonna stick? Any reason why? Was he a multiple concussion guy?

    U utzie wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, I saw. Is that gonna stick? Any reason why? Was he a multiple concussion guy?

    No idea. The ESPN article linked his twitter posts and he said it was "to pursue other interests". Probably has a family and doesn't want his brain and body to be mush in 15 years. I don't know anything about an injury history, though. He had a productive last few years.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

  • Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

    Probably, why not. That is sorta what Sheard is anyway no? Really a DE?

    (I don't think that is a left field thought......it seems pretty basic, more like a first or second base thought.

  • Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

    U utzie wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

    We drafted him out of Pitt as a 4-3 DE, so.....

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #68

    and in that scheme for us he was great.

  • Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's a left-field thought....

    Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

    Didn't the Patriots run a 4-3 this year? So yeah of course they're looking at him as the other DE to Ninkovich.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #70

    After checking it appears the 4-3 was their base in 2014.

    Guess I just don't associate Bill with anything but the 3-4.

    Then again Bill associates with any and every D in the course of a season.