Skip to content

Dwayne Bowe is a Brown

The Browns Board
126 41 6.7k
  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Bowe clearly isn't the WR he was in 2010

    But at age 30, he is still young enough to maybe recapture those statistics he had a couple years back. But with McClown and Rehab throwing him the ball, I doubt it.

    In this run-oriented offense the Browns are going to run, I can foresee Bowe averaging 700-900 yds this season, depending on which trash can throws the ball his way. Would be a great 1-2 punch if fuckstick didn't get suspended again for lack of sobriety..

    Lets hope he works out.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Lets not forget that Bowe was part of that elite KC offense that had 0 yes...zero..passing TD 's last season. A complete waste of money, whatever they offered.

  • I kind of like the sound of that Gipper. Bring in guys that have proven to catch the fucking ball. That is the most important. Yeah, it's nice to fly through the air and snag the ball with one hand and backflip over the first defender for a first down, and maybe someday we'll get that guy. But for right now, at least until Gordon comes back, we'll probably build defense and that's okay. Just win baby.

    With Mack returning, Manziel maturing and some solid WRs- I don't think we've seen this offense yet.

    Manziel with a solid O-Line and time to learn the new playbook.... hmm, I promise you ALL Manziel is doing in rehab is learning the playbook.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @poeticg said:

    I promise you ALL Manziel is doing in rehab is learning the playbook.

    Can I get a ruling from our rehab folks here? Is this as idiotic as it sounds to me? Would rehab really allow a patient to bring the source of anxiety that pushes him to abuse into rehab?

    @canton-dawg said:

    He burnt that bridge as far as I'm concerned Tour.

    Disagree, but doesn't matter since I was being ironic about Bowe being a bridge.

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Bowe clearly isn't the WR he was in 2010

    Why should he be? It was is one great year.

    But his mediocre hands, imprecise route running and time-diminished speed are ours for two years. Whoopee!

  • Dwayne Fucking Bowe...

    Our bridge back to Gordon...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @tour2ma said:

    Dwayne Fucking Bowe...

    Our bridge back to Gordon...

    Ironically.....Josh Gordon posted a tweet yesterday welcoming Bowe and implying he would be "keeping the WR seat warm for a year"...

    Then he deleted it.....

    So, Josh thinks he's a bridge too....(except he's being serious)....HA!

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Well, over the last 3 years which were way off of his great year, he averaged 743 yards and 2.6 Touchdowns. That puts him on par with the best receiver on the team last year. Not saying a whole lot but it is an addition.

    On a sad note, I didn't realize that Benji was the leading TD receiver on the team and probably would have had at least 2 more to the total if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

  • Well, over the last 3 years which were way off of his great year, he averaged 743 yards and 2.6 Touchdowns. That puts him on par with the best receiver on the team last year. Not saying a whole lot but it is an addition.

    On a sad note, I didn't realize that Benji was the leading TD receiver on the team and probably would have had at least 2 more to the total if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @hx214 said:

    Benji ..... probably would have had at least 2 more .....if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

    Yep....and Hawkins, Gabe and Cameron would've too.....

    I remember all 3 of them coming back for lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....(though some of them were still great/game changing plays).....

  • @hx214 said:

    Benji ..... probably would have had at least 2 more .....if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

    Yep....and Hawkins, Gabe and Cameron would've too.....

    I remember all 3 of them coming back for lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....(though some of them were still great/game changing plays).....

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #84

    @mudfly said:

    Yep....and Hawkins, Gabe and Cameron would've too.....

    I remember all 3 of them coming back for lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....(though some of them were still great/game changing plays).....

    I still think Bowe is very underrated. All those yeares she spent with KC, Alex Smith didnt look to through him the ball much (considering his running game), but we will see what he does when we start the season.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #85

    Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

  • @hx214 said:

    Benji ..... probably would have had at least 2 more .....if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

    Yep....and Hawkins, Gabe and Cameron would've too.....

    I remember all 3 of them coming back for lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....(though some of them were still great/game changing plays).....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #86

    @mudfly said:

    ... lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....

    lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

  • @mudfly said:

    ... lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....

    lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

    HMMM both ducks seem to be appropriate eh?

    WSS

  • Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

    Hartline has always been of those guys when you throw it where it should be, he catches it. Now it's just a matter of hopefully finding/having the QB who throws it where it should be...

  • @mudfly said:

    ... lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....

    lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

    ha....yer right......though some of those wounded duck passes could be termed as lame...😉

    @westside-steve said:

    HMMM both ducks seem to be appropriate eh?

    exactly....2 ducks in a pod

  • Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

    I called for them to sign him when he was a free agent last time.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

    ha....yer right......though some of those wounded duck passes could be termed as lame...😉

    @westside-steve said:

    HMMM both ducks seem to be appropriate eh?

    exactly....2 ducks in a pod

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @mudfly said:

    ha....yer right......though some of those wounded duck passes could be termed as lame... 😉

    You could say Hoyer has a pretty lame arm... on the NFL level. 🙂

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #92

    Contract is 2 years $12.5m .....$9m guaranteed

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Ugh...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #94

    a lot of money for bowe. holy shit who's drinking that water???

  • Contract is 2 years $12.5m .....$9m guaranteed

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @darren15 said:

    Contract is 2 years $12.5m .....$9m guaranteed

    How much in the first year?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #96

    Looks surprisingly backloaded....

    http://overthecap.com/player/dwayne-bowe/503/

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Wow. The guy came from an offense that didnt have a single passing TD last year. WTF?????