Skip to content

LB/DL times

The Browns Board
76 14 3.5k
  • Ah, the hammy. As someone who has probably pulled his hamstring about 12-15 times, you know it when you feel it.

  • Ah, the hammy. As someone who has probably pulled his hamstring about 12-15 times, you know it when you feel it.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Ah, the hammy. As someone who has probably pulled his hamstring about 12-15 times, you know it when you feel it.

    Never pulled mine thankfully.

    I never had any injury problems in sports, last spring I sprained the crap out of my left ankle coming down for a rebound while getting bumped in the air. It wasn't high thankfully, but it turned purple and sidelined me for about 2 months. A few weeks ago I rolled the same ankle off the edge of the sidewalk (it hurt much worse the 2nd time) but I was walking / jogging in 3 days. I can still feel a tiny bit of pain when I put weight / turn on it a certain way. I hope its not screwed for life now 🙁

  • Really disappointed we can't get to watch Orakpo do lb drills.

  • Curry looked very very fast

  • Mathews making himself LOTS of money.... Cushing looked very good as well.

  • Indeed Clay Jr is having a HUGE day

  • If you pull it or strain it you can pull up as soon as you feel it, which sounds like what Rey Rey did. That's a 2-4 week thing. When you tear it you just drop like some shot you in the back. That's the 4-7 week variety.

    Not a lot of fun. And once you do it once, you're more likely to do it again and again. This is why it's one of the injuries that scouts look out for. It lingers over whole seasons, sometimes over whole careers. And it usually means something is wrong with your opposite leg, which was my problem.

    Terry Glenn was one guy who had real hammy issues. Or you might remember Robert Edwards after his knee injury - he actually wore a brace on his good knee to try and make it less flexible so as to match the bad knee. Without the brace on the good knee he kept pulling his hamstring on his good leg.

  • Rey said that he hurt the hammy two weeks ago and hadn't really been doing any running since then. And because he felt the pop, he's worried that he tore something.

    But he didn't fall down like you said he would, and he does have a history of overreacting to injuries. So it could be a relatively minor injury.

  • I kept popping my hammy after I had a knee reconstruction. They remove a tendon to use as the ACL and that's right where it pops. I know of others who have the same thing happen.

  • Hammy also seems to be the in excuse, and I've always suspected that agents/strength coaches inform players that this is an option if you start running disappointing times - just say you've pulled a hammy.

  • Love the times, Alo. Keep 'em coming.

    I've also noticed that Football's Future is a good place for combine times. NFL.com's online coverage has sucked.

    Just tell me the guy's name, what he measured in at, and what his times are. Is that so hard?

  • That Curry kid is really impressive; not so sure he will be there at five

  • Curry is the frickin' man. Really can't see him getting past Kansas City at #3.

  • Curry is the frickin' man. Really can't see him getting past Kansas City at #3.

    Aloysius said:

    Curry is the frickin' man. Really can't see him getting past Kansas City at #3.

    Start putting negative press out about how KC needs to anchor their Def line before they even think about LB.

    Shep, write something up and get it published STAT.

    Convince KC they need Raji.

  • Well, Al, you were all over Curry from the beginning and now you're going to see him move away from us slowly but inexorably.

    Sad thing to watch, really.

    Especially because you convinced me about him, too.

    Bastard.

  • Hey, Pioli drafted Seymour, Ty Warren, and Vince Wilfork, all in round one. He only drafted one linebacker on day one in his entire stint with the Pats, and that was Mayo last year.

    If that gives you hope.

  • I'm officially on the Clay Mathews wagon....he seems to be the second best LB at the Combine, from his fluidity,speed, change of direction and Hands.

  • If Raji didn't allegedly have some off the field issues, I'd be somewhat confident that we could get Curry. Now, the only way I can see us getting him is if KC takes Stafford, which I don't see happening.

    I've read that the Chiefs really like Eugene Monroe, but why would they take a LT when Branden Albert played so well last year?

  • Official times:

    Aaron Curry - 4.56

    Stanley Arnoux - 4.61

    Gerald McRath - 4.61

    Clay Matthews - 4.67

    Jason Phillips - 4.69

    Jasper Brinkley - 4.72

    Brian Cushing - 4.74

    Marcus Freeman - 4.74

    Zack Follett - 4.75

    Moise Fokou - 4.76

  • These give you an idea what makes a top 10 linebacker.

    Willis ran in the 4.5s. So did Mayo. So did Curry. And those three all went/are going in the top 11.

    And they're all great kids/team leaders.