Skip to content

Navy Bans Chaplain

Political Discussion
152 14 4.1k
  • Listen this is one of the areas where I'm actually quite liberal. I literally do not give the first shit if gay people get married. If their choices aren't hurting you or anyone else leave then alone to do their thing. Abortion is hurting people. Gay marriage is not.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I understand where you are coming from, faith does not make sense sometimes. One of our best friends is a gay woman who we treat like family. She knows we can never approve of her lifestyle. We just try and set a good example for her by how we live.

    Ok, but why can't you tolerate it? Why does your faith have to include thinking the gay lifestyle is sin? And does this mean you need to follow everything in the bible word for word?

    Don't you think it I a little arrogant to say, by not being gay, you're setting a good example for her?

    @mld-woody said:

    Ok, but why can't you tolerate it? Why does your faith have to include thinking the gay lifestyle is sin? And does this mean you need to follow everything in the bible word for word?

    Don't you think it I a little arrogant to say, by not being gay, you're setting a good example for her?

    I think she would tell you we set a good example for her even if we cannot approve of her lifestye.

  • In the end, taking an old book as your infallible truth, with no other reasoning other than faith, doesn't make much sense to me.

    @mld-woody said:

    In the end, taking an old book as your infallible truth, with no other reasoning other than faith, doesn't make much sense to me.

    Woody - thank you for that statement. It shows you are reasonable and are allowed to disagree.

  • @mld-woody said:

    In the end, taking an old book as your infallible truth, with no other reasoning other than faith, doesn't make much sense to me.

    I understand where you are coming from, faith does not make sense sometimes. One of our best friends is a gay woman who we treat like family. She knows we can never approve of her lifestyle. We just try and set a good example for her by how we live.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I understand where you are coming from, faith does not make sense sometimes. One of our best friends is a gay woman who we treat like family. She knows we can never approve of her lifestyle. We just try and set a good example for her by how we live.

    Would you expect her to approve of your lifestyle? What exactly is it in the writings of an old book that makes you right and her wrong? Do you realize how much this world has changed in the time between the bible and now? Of course you do. Devil's advocate asks what makes you right and her wrong?

  • Listen this is one of the areas where I'm actually quite liberal. I literally do not give the first shit if gay people get married. If their choices aren't hurting you or anyone else leave then alone to do their thing. Abortion is hurting people. Gay marriage is not.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Listen this is one of the areas where I'm actually quite liberal. I literally do not give the first shit if gay people get married. If their choices aren't hurting you or anyone else leave then alone to do their thing. Abortion is hurting people. Gay marriage is not.

    How does abortion hurt people?

  • @mld-woody said:

    In the end, taking an old book as your infallible truth, with no other reasoning other than faith, doesn't make much sense to me.

    Woody - thank you for that statement. It shows you are reasonable and are allowed to disagree.

    @fairhooker11 said:

    Woody - thank you for that statement. It shows you are reasonable and are allowed to disagree.

    Thanks?

    I mean, to each your own. I think we'd be better off without religion, but I have no right to tell you what to believe.

    The issue arises when religious beliefs actually affect and discriminate against others.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I understand where you are coming from, faith does not make sense sometimes. One of our best friends is a gay woman who we treat like family. She knows we can never approve of her lifestyle. We just try and set a good example for her by how we live.

    Would you expect her to approve of your lifestyle? What exactly is it in the writings of an old book that makes you right and her wrong? Do you realize how much this world has changed in the time between the bible and now? Of course you do. Devil's advocate asks what makes you right and her wrong?

    @blowe said:

    Would you expect her to approve of your lifestyle? She does approve of my lifestyle What exactly is it in the writings of an old book that makes you right and her wrong? It is the truth Do you realize how much this world has changed in the time between the bible and now? Technology changes but people do not change Of course you do. Devil's advocate asks what makes you right and her wrong? the book I believe to be God's word which you think of as just an old book

  • How do you know it is the truth?

    (I'm really not trying to be combative here, I just want to see where this goes, and you have been very cooperative so far)

  • How do you know it is the truth?

    (I'm really not trying to be combative here, I just want to see where this goes, and you have been very cooperative so far)

    @mld-woody said:

    How do you know it is the truth?

    (I'm really not trying to be combative here, I just want to see where this goes, and you have been very cooperative so far)

    I could google search why the bible is the truth and give you many answers but then you could google search why the bible isn't the truth and find things to counter it. I could give you scriptures but that would be from a book you don't believe in. I really don't know how I could prove it to you. I have read stories where atheists read the bible to prove it wrong only to become believers. The answer is truth has to be revealed 1 Cor 2:14 but now I am back giving you an answer from a book you don't believe in.

  • Liberals strongly tend to not believe in anything

    greater than themselves.

    They can't handle not being the all important focus of everything.

    Don't believe in our Flag, Constitution, patriotism, God, Bible, real marriage,

    suv's, pickup trucks, Jesus, military, our borders, history, our RIGHT to have GUNS, and they hate

    anybody who does, pretty much. That's just a short list.

    But they do embrace any cause that will denigrate any of the above.

  • Liberals strongly tend to not believe in anything

    greater than themselves.

    They can't handle not being the all important focus of everything.

    Don't believe in our Flag, Constitution, patriotism, God, Bible, real marriage,

    suv's, pickup trucks, Jesus, military, our borders, history, our RIGHT to have GUNS, and they hate

    anybody who does, pretty much. That's just a short list.

    But they do embrace any cause that will denigrate any of the above.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Liberals strongly tend to not believe in anything

    greater than themselves.

    They can't handle not being the all important focus of everything.

    Don't believe in our Flag, Constitution, patriotism, God, Bible, real marriage,

    suv's, pickup trucks, Jesus, military, our borders, history, our RIGHT to have GUNS, and they hate

    anybody who does, pretty much. That's just a short list.

    But they do embrace any cause that will denigrate any of the above.

    Can you go away? We were having a very nice conversation in here.

    OldBrownsFan I think we have a different definition of the word truth and I will respectfully agree to disagree.

  • Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Listen this is one of the areas where I'm actually quite liberal. I literally do not give the first shit if gay people get married. If their choices aren't hurting you or anyone else leave then alone to do their thing. Abortion is hurting people. Gay marriage is not.

    How does abortion hurt people?

    @mld-woody said:

    How does abortion hurt people?

    Gee I don't know woody by killing children?

  • Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

    Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person.

  • Oh and just because someone doesn't believe in god does not mean they are some sort of wishy washy hippie.

  • Oh and just because someone doesn't believe in god does not mean they are some sort of wishy washy hippie.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Oh and just because someone doesn't believe in god does not mean they are some sort of wishy washy hippie.

    This is correct

  • Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

    I vote red you fucking Retard. You don't know me. Got anything else up that old sleeve of yours?
  • @calfoxwc said:

    Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

    I vote red you fucking Retard. You don't know me. Got anything else up that old sleeve of yours?

    @blowe said:

    I vote red you fucking Retard.

    Putin?

    🙂

    (just kidding)

    WSS

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

    never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

    After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

    to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

    twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

    Like you just did, blowey.

    Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person.

    This is exactly it. My mother is religious where I am more spiritual if anything. There is energy in this world and the more positivity you give off through actions thoughts and being kind to others the more positive energy comes your way. Difference is I don't read a book telling me to do these things. I just do them because it's the right thing to do. Call it the laws of attraction.

    Now there is nothing wrong with religion, like I've been saying this whole time. I respect yours and my mother's beliefs. But wait where were we? Oh yeah, libtard this! Libtard that! Everyone but cal is automatically a libtard!

  • @blowe said:

    I vote red you fucking Retard.

    Putin?

    🙂

    (just kidding)

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Putin?

    🙂

    (just kidding)

    WSS

    lol da comrade