Skip to content

Pass rusher at #12

The Browns Board
84 20 3.5k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Switch out Dupree with Orchard and id love me some Grossi mock drafts.

    Orchard has some numbers that pop off the chart like 18 sacks in 2014 so I'm stunned to see 0 tackles for a loss in the same season. There's also 0 passes defensed and 0 INTs. My guess is he takes advantage of a lot of X-stunts designed to keep him blocker free. My worry is he gets tossed like a salad when the run comes directly at him and what kind of first step instinct he'll offer our pass defense in coverage.

    There's a lot of excitement diluted by a lot of concern here.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #57

    @flugel said:

    Orchard has some numbers that pop off the chart like 18 sacks in 2014 so I'm stunned to see 0 tackles for a loss in the same season.

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

  • Pretty simple stuff in my opinion:

    1. Develop a vision for what you want your team to be. Check - Pettine wants a killer D first before going for the O.

    2. Have a "meeting of the minds" to share that vision and to get everyone focused on ensuring that vision comes into being. Check - that's what the retreat was supposed to accomplish.

    3. Focus on fulfilling that vision from FA thru the draft- looks to me like they have a real plan

    4. Do NOT let the glitz of a glamor "masterstroke" deter you from staying within that plan. You know, like going after someone that seemed a "reach" but somehow has fallen from grace from the teams above you.

    So will the Browns draft like the new Browns or draft like the old Browns? That is the question!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #58

    Still hoping to see one more 3-down OLB in my lifetime...

    @texasag1969 said:

    4. Do NOT let the glitz of a glamor "masterstroke" deter you from staying within that plan. You know, like going after someone that seemed a "reach" but somehow has fallen from grace from the teams above you.

    If they have not thought through the possibilities of players falling towards them, then they have not planned. I'm betting that they have.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Dupree Yes if there. Still go R. Gregory > than Harold and Orchard.. Career > pot

  • @flugel said:

    Orchard has some numbers that pop off the chart like 18 sacks in 2014 so I'm stunned to see 0 tackles for a loss in the same season.

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @mudfly said:

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    I could never tell if he was "weak" against the run because of his assignments or playing strength and speed.

    The senior bowl showed he has all the ability to be a solid run defender. Also, if we take Gregory should he fall I will toss a chair through a window.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #61

    I think your windows are safe. Last thing I foresee are Mingo bookends...

  • @flugel said:

    Orchard has some numbers that pop off the chart like 18 sacks in 2014 so I'm stunned to see 0 tackles for a loss in the same season.

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @mudfly said:

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    yeah but we dont need another mingo. We already have a strict will olb'er. We need a guy thats between mingo and kruger.
  • @mudfly said:

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    I could never tell if he was "weak" against the run because of his assignments or playing strength and speed.

    The senior bowl showed he has all the ability to be a solid run defender. Also, if we take Gregory should he fall I will toss a chair through a window.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @tiamat63 said:

    I could never tell if he was "weak" against the run because of his assignments or playing strength and speed.

    The senior bowl showed he has all the ability to be a solid run defender. Also, if we take Gregory should he fall I will toss a chair through a window.

    Yeah...I guess I should have said his strength is as a pass rusher, as opposed to saying he was weak against the run/////....cause there really isnt any film I can find that shows he's NOT good against the run......

    and, Im with you on Gregory..... Gordon has washed away my willingness to take a chance on known stoners....

    Dont want him at 12......and IF he's there at 19, then(before WE pick him) Id ask why 18 other teams had the discipline to pass

  • @flugel said:

    Orchard has some numbers that pop off the chart like 18 sacks in 2014 so I'm stunned to see 0 tackles for a loss in the same season.

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @mudfly said:

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    Thanks Mud! I thought it was pretty bizarre that somebody with that many sacks in 2014 (as well as 8.5 TFL in 2012 and again in 2013) had 0 TFL last year. 18 sacks and 21 TFL are impressive.

  • @mudfly said:

    I agree with much of what you said....except the part about him having no tackles for losses.....he had 21, which is a lot .....for anybody...

    Though, he is weak against the run...yes....but I think the Browns would be looking at him as more of a pass rush specialist

    Thanks Mud! I thought it was pretty bizarre that somebody with that many sacks in 2014 (as well as 8.5 TFL in 2012 and again in 2013) had 0 TFL last year. 18 sacks and 21 TFL are impressive.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @flugel said:

    Thanks Mud! I thought it was pretty bizarre that somebody with that many sacks in 2014 (as well as 8.5 TFL in 2012 and again in 2013) had 0 TFL last year. 18 sacks and 21 TFL are impressive.

    no sweat...a lot of the sites have fairly incomplete stats on these guys....

    Looked at Orchard more closely this week and he looks pretty good.....but I love D, so really want all these guys...🙂

  • Still hoping to see one more 3-down OLB in my lifetime...

    @texasag1969 said:

    4. Do NOT let the glitz of a glamor "masterstroke" deter you from staying within that plan. You know, like going after someone that seemed a "reach" but somehow has fallen from grace from the teams above you.

    If they have not thought through the possibilities of players falling towards them, then they have not planned. I'm betting that they have.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #66

    @tour2ma said:

    If they have not thought through the possibilities of players falling towards them, then they have not planned. I'm betting that they have.

    Just do not want a repeat of the JM thing believe it or not. We "reached" when he fell our way only to find out this year that there was a reason that most of us, including the Browns FO, had little foreknowledge.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #67

    I like Dupree much more than Orchard. If the Browns nabbed Dupree

    and Brown with their first two picks, I'd love that.

    Then OL in the second round, and some "under the radar" wr in the third.

    Closer and closer to the draft.

  • I like Dupree much more than Orchard. If the Browns nabbed Dupree

    and Brown with their first two picks, I'd love that.

    Then OL in the second round, and some "under the radar" wr in the third.

    Closer and closer to the draft.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #68

    @calfoxwc said:

    I like Dupree much more than Orchard. If the Browns nabbed Dupree

    and Brown with their first two picks, I'd love that.

    Closer and closer to the draft.

    I think it could be Dupree 'or" Shelton at #12.......but he's not gonna make it to 19....

    Orchard is in my grouping for our second round pick, if we dont tap a OLB in the first......

    Im like you.....tick tick tick

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Yup bring it on...

    We've entered the swimming-duck phase. Looks serene above water, but underwater, where you can't see, there's a flurry of activity.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Can't wait either. Me and a few mates get together for the first round that night (late here) take the next day off work and play some golf or snooker. Then back at a friends house for rounds 2-3.

    Last year I should have been very excited but I never wanted JM, was praying we were taking Teddy with that pick.

  • Can't wait either. Me and a few mates get together for the first round that night (late here) take the next day off work and play some golf or snooker. Then back at a friends house for rounds 2-3.

    Last year I should have been very excited but I never wanted JM, was praying we were taking Teddy with that pick.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @londonbrown said:

    was praying we were taking Teddy with that pick.

    in hindsight thought, without all kind of man-love involved, wouldn't the wise choice have been derek carr?

    everyone here hypes bridgewater and watkins like they were some saviors. meanwhile carr and evans were the most solid at their positions coming in as rookies.

    i don't get the gay love.

  • @londonbrown said:

    was praying we were taking Teddy with that pick.

    in hindsight thought, without all kind of man-love involved, wouldn't the wise choice have been derek carr?

    everyone here hypes bridgewater and watkins like they were some saviors. meanwhile carr and evans were the most solid at their positions coming in as rookies.

    i don't get the gay love.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @miktoxic said:

    in hindsight thought, without all kind of man-love involved, wouldn't the wise choice have been derek carr?

    everyone here hypes bridgewater and watkins like they were some saviors. meanwhile carr and evans were the most solid at their positions coming in as rookies.

    i don't get the gay love.

    Most solid at their positions? I'd take TB over DC at their position any day. Luck of the draw... Ya, probably
  • @miktoxic said:

    in hindsight thought, without all kind of man-love involved, wouldn't the wise choice have been derek carr?

    everyone here hypes bridgewater and watkins like they were some saviors. meanwhile carr and evans were the most solid at their positions coming in as rookies.

    i don't get the gay love.

    Most solid at their positions? I'd take TB over DC at their position any day. Luck of the draw... Ya, probably
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @comeonman said:

    Most solid at their positions? I'd take TB over DC at their position any day. Luck of the draw... Ya, probably

    ok, one set records for rookie passing for his team and one likes to dress like a woman.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #74

    I'd take a guy who crossdressed for a class over a guy who talks about Jesus all the time.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #75

    i don't care if he prays to satan and talks about it if he had a rookie performance like carr.

    in the end he outdid teddy.

    btw, these brown's fans that still pine over bridgewater and watkins........... it's turned into pure gayness.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #76

    I guess that's why Derek Carr won rookie of the year