Skip to content

Betting Odds To Win AFC North

The Browns Board
78 21 2.8k
  • unbiased said:

    There's no question the Steelers have a better qb. But that's not the only thing you're insinuating. You talk as if it's the only reason and the Browns are better everywhere else. Like I said before to you, the Steelers have been consistently better than the Browns since the 80's. Ben has only been the qb for 11 years. They've had the #1 defense in the NFL several times in recent years. They've had two different defensive POY's. They've had a HOF running back. Last year the Steelers statistically were a better defense, they had a rb with over 2000 combined yds. and a receiver with 1700. It's more than just Ben. I will not call you stupid.

    And by the way, I know it sounds like I'm bragging about my team but I'm just trying to provide some perspective to back up my argument. All those things I mentioned can't all be attributed to Ben. Somebody has to block for Bell. Somebody has to keep the other team out of the endzone. It's more than just the qb. Much more than you acknowledge.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    unbiased said:

    And by the way, I know it sounds like I'm bragging about my team but I'm just trying to provide some perspective to back up my argument. All those things I mentioned can't all be attributed to Ben. Somebody has to block for Bell. Somebody has to keep the other team out of the endzone. It's more than just the qb. Much more than you acknowledge.

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

  • unbiased said:

    There's no question the Steelers have a better qb. But that's not the only thing you're insinuating. You talk as if it's the only reason and the Browns are better everywhere else. Like I said before to you, the Steelers have been consistently better than the Browns since the 80's. Ben has only been the qb for 11 years. They've had the #1 defense in the NFL several times in recent years. They've had two different defensive POY's. They've had a HOF running back. Last year the Steelers statistically were a better defense, they had a rb with over 2000 combined yds. and a receiver with 1700. It's more than just Ben. I will not call you stupid.

    And by the way, I know it sounds like I'm bragging about my team but I'm just trying to provide some perspective to back up my argument. All those things I mentioned can't all be attributed to Ben. Somebody has to block for Bell. Somebody has to keep the other team out of the endzone. It's more than just the qb. Much more than you acknowledge.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    unbiased said:

    And by the way, I know it sounds like I'm bragging about my team but I'm just trying to provide some perspective to back up my argument. All those things I mentioned can't all be attributed to Ben. Somebody has to block for Bell. Somebody has to keep the other team out of the endzone. It's more than just the qb. Much more than you acknowledge.

    Well, again, if we do a unit by unit analysis of the players in each unit.....base talent wise, I would not trade your O Line for ours, I would not trade your D Line for ours, I would not trade your DB for ours. The LB corps, I would probably give the Steelers the edge....but not much. But, obviously your offensive skill players are your biggest advantage clearly.

    One advantage you have had, in the past: your DC. Some Steeler fans...and I hope you are not one of them, seem to negate the impact that LeBeau had on your team. I mean, this guy is considered perhaps the greatest DC/Asst. Coach of all time....yet some of your ilk want to negate his impact. They have expressed that they think they could just plug in another guy and be just as good. Sure....just like you can plug in Bruce Gradkowski for BR, or Bubby Brister for Terry Bradshaw.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #20

    yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

  • yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mudfly said:

    yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

  • unbiased said:

    And by the way, I know it sounds like I'm bragging about my team but I'm just trying to provide some perspective to back up my argument. All those things I mentioned can't all be attributed to Ben. Somebody has to block for Bell. Somebody has to keep the other team out of the endzone. It's more than just the qb. Much more than you acknowledge.

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @miktoxic said:

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

    If there was a way I'd take you up. But...

  • yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mudfly said:

    yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    I'm smiling. That was a thorough thumping the Browns put on the Steelers last year. Absolutely. Then the Steelers went 11-5 and the Browns went 7-9. The Steelers are better. (now, this will be the time I start hearing, "but this...but that...and if this...and if our center didn't get hurt....blah blah blah.") The Steelers lost to the Jets, Bucs and Saints last year too. A who's who of contenders.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #24

    see....all I know is we kick your ass.....the rest doesnt natter.....so do go on.....

  • @mudfly said:

    yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    Your analysis was about now, I know. And it was written by a Browns fan who thinks his 7-9 team is more talented than an 11-5 team. So I have to take that into consideration when evaluating it. Pretty much everyone here thinks Alex Mack is better than Pouncey. I would expect nothing less. He's a good player and important to your offense as evidenced by their decline after his injury. My observation tells me Pouncey is better and no matter how I argue it you won't agree. So I'll let you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We both think highly of our centers. They're both good. Saying one is clearly better than the other is foolish and beyond our understanding because we don't know what their responsibilities are from play to play to know how to grade them. What we do know is their absences greatly affected the performance of the offenses they play on. Ours in 2013 and yours in 2014. I look forward to your 2015 evaluation and maybe I'll be around to critique it.

  • see....all I know is we kick your ass.....the rest doesnt natter.....so do go on.....

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mudfly said:

    see....all I know is we kick your ass.....the rest doesnt natter.....so do go on.....

    The members of this board are all glad the Browns beat the Steelers last year. I'm coming around to that understanding. It was a significant win.

  • @mudfly said:

    see....all I know is we kick your ass.....the rest doesnt natter.....so do go on.....

    The members of this board are all glad the Browns beat the Steelers last year. I'm coming around to that understanding. It was a significant win.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    unbiased said:

    The members of this board are all glad the Browns beat the Steelers last year. I'm coming around to that understanding. It was a significant win.

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

  • unbiased said:

    And by the way, I know it sounds like I'm bragging about my team but I'm just trying to provide some perspective to back up my argument. All those things I mentioned can't all be attributed to Ben. Somebody has to block for Bell. Somebody has to keep the other team out of the endzone. It's more than just the qb. Much more than you acknowledge.

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @miktoxic said:

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

  • unbiased said:

    The members of this board are all glad the Browns beat the Steelers last year. I'm coming around to that understanding. It was a significant win.

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @miktoxic said:

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    I do understand. I was just being snarky about the repeated comments from various people about that one particular game. I get it. You don't have to apologize.

  • @miktoxic said:

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @vagitron said:

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

  • @the-gipper said:

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    Your analysis was about now, I know. And it was written by a Browns fan who thinks his 7-9 team is more talented than an 11-5 team. So I have to take that into consideration when evaluating it. Pretty much everyone here thinks Alex Mack is better than Pouncey. I would expect nothing less. He's a good player and important to your offense as evidenced by their decline after his injury. My observation tells me Pouncey is better and no matter how I argue it you won't agree. So I'll let you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We both think highly of our centers. They're both good. Saying one is clearly better than the other is foolish and beyond our understanding because we don't know what their responsibilities are from play to play to know how to grade them. What we do know is their absences greatly affected the performance of the offenses they play on. Ours in 2013 and yours in 2014. I look forward to your 2015 evaluation and maybe I'll be around to critique it.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #31

    unbiased said:

    Your analysis was about now, I know. And it was written by a Browns fan who thinks his 7-9 team is more talented than an 11-5 team. So I have to take that into consideration when evaluating it. Pretty much everyone here thinks Alex Mack is better than Pouncey. I would expect nothing less. He's a good player and important to your offense as evidenced by their decline after his injury. My observation tells me Pouncey is better and no matter how I argue it you won't agree. So I'll let you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We both think highly of our centers. They're both good. Saying one is clearly better than the other is foolish and beyond our understanding because we don't know what their responsibilities are from play to play to know how to grade them. What we do know is their absences greatly affected the performance of the offenses they play on. Ours in 2013 and yours in 2014. I look forward to your 2015 evaluation and maybe I'll be around to critique it.

    *claps*

    The board needs a less aggressive But also level headed Steeler fan. I also need help when the mob arrives with the pitchforks. There is absolutely nothing to suggest the Browns are going to be better than the Steelers this season. Our offense finished second in the league last year and will only improve with the continued maturation of Bryant. The defense has been retooling the last few drafts. Bottom line and no matter what no one here that posts regularly is going to concede the Browns finish behind the Steelers. The posters that do feel that way usually get flames off the topic. I'm all about being a diehard but I'm also a realist. The Browns are building but they aren't better.

  • @vagitron said:

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #32

    @miktoxic said:

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.
  • @miktoxic said:

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @vagitron said:

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.

    why not? i'll bring my 2 best friends along (one a steeler fan and one a giant fan) and we'll make a day of it....

    that is, if you can handle a pub crawl...........hee hee!!

  • @vagitron said:

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.

    why not? i'll bring my 2 best friends along (one a steeler fan and one a giant fan) and we'll make a day of it....

    that is, if you can handle a pub crawl...........hee hee!!

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @miktoxic said:

    why not? i'll bring my 2 best friends along (one a steeler fan and one a giant fan) and we'll make a day of it....

    that is, if you can handle a pub crawl...........hee hee!!

    Pffft. Pub crawl? Don't you mean pub DOMINATE? Lol

  • @mudfly said:

    yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    you are a fucking moron.

  • unbiased said:

    The members of this board are all glad the Browns beat the Steelers last year. I'm coming around to that understanding. It was a significant win.

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @miktoxic said:

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

  • @miktoxic said:

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #37

    unbiased said:

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

    hey, i'm not running you off. just know that you'll get some 'unbiased' talk from some of us, but abused by most, so...........