Starting Lineup... maybe
-
I really like Bryant and think he will start at DE as well. If the D stays healthy they can look like did against the Colts every gameZombo said:
I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.
Zombo
-
Correct me if l'm wrong on this, but wasn't Dray considered a mostly blocking TE, who happened to catch a high percentage of passes, albeit few, thrown his way when we signed him?
I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!
And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.
-
I think you may need at least one more OL.
Maybe for PS, but feel these guys would cover all the bases game to game(46 man roster).....plus, Im using exactly the same # we carried last year.....so they would almost have to feel we are weaker at OL than last year to add an extra one.....(right?)
Zombo said:
I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.
Zombo
Sure looks bad ass on paper(which is what we said last year too).....Farmer says he wants "waves" of DL coming and going....though Im not a huge D. Bryant fan, but only time will tell there.....he is definitely our healthiest DL player tho
I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!
And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.
Poise is a great asset.........I like Greco too.....
Zombo said:
I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.
Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.
Zombo
Dont know here.....Im just guessing based upon who we have.....
I do know Yount struggled and Hughlett came in with some high praise....so, just "hoping" we upgrade there, just like any other position.....
Same with the kicker......we might already have a "real" kicker in camp, but we just dont know it yet....or maybe not.....
Where do kickers come from anyway?????
-
One thing is for sure, looking at our depth, it's easily the deepest the team has been since the early 90s. Nothing has come close since to the depth we have this year
-
I think you may need at least one more OL.
Maybe for PS, but feel these guys would cover all the bases game to game(46 man roster).....plus, Im using exactly the same # we carried last year.....so they would almost have to feel we are weaker at OL than last year to add an extra one.....(right?)
Zombo said:
I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.
Zombo
Sure looks bad ass on paper(which is what we said last year too).....Farmer says he wants "waves" of DL coming and going....though Im not a huge D. Bryant fan, but only time will tell there.....he is definitely our healthiest DL player tho
I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!
And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.
Poise is a great asset.........I like Greco too.....
Zombo said:
I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.
Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.
Zombo
Dont know here.....Im just guessing based upon who we have.....
I do know Yount struggled and Hughlett came in with some high praise....so, just "hoping" we upgrade there, just like any other position.....
Same with the kicker......we might already have a "real" kicker in camp, but we just dont know it yet....or maybe not.....
Where do kickers come from anyway?????
-
offense
this is easy:
QB - McCown
RB1 - johnson
RB2 - crowell
WR1 - bowe
WR2 - gabriel
WR 3 - hartline
TE1 - dray
TE2 - barnidge
LT - thomas
LG - bitonio
C - mack
RG - greco
RT - erving
look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.
-
offense
this is easy:
QB - McCown
RB1 - johnson
RB2 - crowell
WR1 - bowe
WR2 - gabriel
WR 3 - hartline
TE1 - dray
TE2 - barnidge
LT - thomas
LG - bitonio
C - mack
RG - greco
RT - erving
look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.
offense
this is easy:
QB - McCown
RB1 - johnson
RB2 - crowell
WR1 - bowe
WR2 - gabriel
WR 3 - hartline
TE1 - dray
TE2 - barnidge
LT - thomas
LG - bitonio
C - mack
RG - greco
RT - erving
look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.
You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there.

-
Special teams:
K - Coons
P - Lanning
LS - Hughlett
I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.
Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.
Zombo
-
offense
this is easy:
QB - McCown
RB1 - johnson
RB2 - crowell
WR1 - bowe
WR2 - gabriel
WR 3 - hartline
TE1 - dray
TE2 - barnidge
LT - thomas
LG - bitonio
C - mack
RG - greco
RT - erving
look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.
You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there.

You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there.

duh, really? i know i didn't show all the depth but i showed the important stuff like RB and WRs.......that's all. so in any given play one or two or three of the offensive weapon positions will be on the field or not.
stop being a larryfine
-
Forgot Hawkins though.
-
Forgot Hawkins though.
i know but didn't really.
can't hartline (#3) be the #1 slot?
-
Forgot Hawkins though.
i know but didn't really.
can't hartline (#3) be the #1 slot?
-
Zombo said:
Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.
Zombo
We just got our answer....Browns waived Christian Yount today.....
-
-
I wonder if we'll be seeing a lot more single back this year. Using 11 personnel in a way but housler in more of a wing spot as opposed to Dray whom is more traditionally in line. Hell, we have quality receivers and I'd like to have Hawk on the field quite a bit.
-
We must have approached about 80% single back last year.
I get the feeling Pet would love more 2-back sets... if we find a decent FB/H-back option.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login