Skip to content

Mock Draft Survey

The Browns Board
29 9 875
  • I'd be interested to see a breakdown by position, and with drafts linked - so, in x% of drafts you have DT/WR, in y% you have WR/OT, in z% you have OT/DT etc.

  • Taking a RB in round 1 makes zero sense for the browns. I can see us going edge-rusher and WR though.

  • Just 3 more weeks of torture Torquemada. LOL! 🥷😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just 3 more weeks of torture Torquemada. LOL! 🥷😆

    What are you talking about!?!? Only 4 days until the uniforms are unveiled...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Just 3 more weeks of torture Torquemada. LOL! 🥷😆

    What are you talking about!?!? Only 4 days until the uniforms are unveiled...

    @thenew23 said:

    What are you talking about!?!? Only 4 days until the uniforms are unveiled...

    Only if the cheerleaders are unveiling them. 😛

  • Anyone picking an OT in the first round needs hanging by their balls.....you do not use picks in rounds 1 and 2 for depth ........

    DT, DE/OLB ILB WR please with first 4 picks

  • I'd be interested to see a breakdown by position, and with drafts linked - so, in x% of drafts you have DT/WR, in y% you have WR/OT, in z% you have OT/DT etc.

    @gftchris said:

    I'd be interested to see a breakdown by position, and with drafts linked - so, in x% of drafts you have DT/WR, in y% you have WR/OT, in z% you have OT/DT etc.

    Well, you could take the list I posted and do the breakdown yourself......I thought about posting their positions, but since I was doing lot of typing I skipped that.

  • Anyone picking an OT in the first round needs hanging by their balls.....you do not use picks in rounds 1 and 2 for depth ........

    DT, DE/OLB ILB WR please with first 4 picks

    @darren15 said:

    Anyone picking an OT in the first round needs hanging by their balls.....you do not use picks in rounds 1 and 2 for depth ........

    DT, DE/OLB ILB WR please with first 4 picks

    Thanks, Ghoolie.

    The problem is, historically, when the Browns have taken an OL in round one, they have done well (JT/Mack/Faine). When they have taken offensive skill players, they have been busts.....Quinn/Weeden/Braylon/JFF/William Green/Richardson/K2

    I guess, for me, it is a matter of trust. Clearly they can't pick a quality offensive skill players (at least not one that doesn't turn brain dead and flame out...like K2/Braylon).....but they can pick OL.

  • @darren15 said:

    Anyone picking an OT in the first round needs hanging by their balls.....you do not use picks in rounds 1 and 2 for depth ........

    DT, DE/OLB ILB WR please with first 4 picks

    Thanks, Ghoolie.

    The problem is, historically, when the Browns have taken an OL in round one, they have done well (JT/Mack/Faine). When they have taken offensive skill players, they have been busts.....Quinn/Weeden/Braylon/JFF/William Green/Richardson/K2

    I guess, for me, it is a matter of trust. Clearly they can't pick a quality offensive skill players (at least not one that doesn't turn brain dead and flame out...like K2/Braylon).....but they can pick OL.

    @the-gipper said:

    Thanks, Ghoolie.

    The problem is, historically, when the Browns have taken an OL in round one, they have done well (JT/Mack/Faine). When they have taken offensive skill players, they have been busts.....Quinn/Weeden/Braylon/JFF/William Green/Richardson/K2

    I guess, for me, it is a matter of trust. Clearly they can't pick a quality offensive skill players (at least not one that doesn't turn brain dead and flame out...like K2/Braylon).....but they can pick OL.

    That would be valid if Farmer had picked all of those players. He's picked one skill player, high (literally?) that didn't work out in Manziel. But that's not exactly indicative.

    We are pretty set at OL, for starters at least, IMO. We also have Bowie who seems to be featuring in Pettine's plans as well for depth/competition. I wouldn't be outraged by another OL at some point, but I wouldn't like it in round 1, when we have very pressing needs, and quality players available to fill those needs.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Thanks, Ghoolie.

    The problem is, historically, when the Browns have taken an OL in round one, they have done well (JT/Mack/Faine). When they have taken offensive skill players, they have been busts.....Quinn/Weeden/Braylon/JFF/William Green/Richardson/K2

    I guess, for me, it is a matter of trust. Clearly they can't pick a quality offensive skill players (at least not one that doesn't turn brain dead and flame out...like K2/Braylon).....but they can pick OL.

    That would be valid if Farmer had picked all of those players. He's picked one skill player, high (literally?) that didn't work out in Manziel. But that's not exactly indicative.

    We are pretty set at OL, for starters at least, IMO. We also have Bowie who seems to be featuring in Pettine's plans as well for depth/competition. I wouldn't be outraged by another OL at some point, but I wouldn't like it in round 1, when we have very pressing needs, and quality players available to fill those needs.

    @gftchris said:

    That would be valid if Farmer had picked all of those players. He's picked one skill player, high (literally?) that didn't work out in Manziel. But that's not exactly indicative.

    We are pretty set at OL, for starters at least, IMO. We also have Bowie who seems to be featuring in Pettine's plans as well for depth/competition. I wouldn't be outraged by another OL at some point, but I wouldn't like it in round 1, when we have very pressing needs, and quality players available to fill those needs.

    Bowie? Do you mean Bowe WR?

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

  • @gftchris said:

    That would be valid if Farmer had picked all of those players. He's picked one skill player, high (literally?) that didn't work out in Manziel. But that's not exactly indicative.

    We are pretty set at OL, for starters at least, IMO. We also have Bowie who seems to be featuring in Pettine's plans as well for depth/competition. I wouldn't be outraged by another OL at some point, but I wouldn't like it in round 1, when we have very pressing needs, and quality players available to fill those needs.

    Bowie? Do you mean Bowe WR?

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

    @the-gipper said:

    Bowie? Do you mean Bowe WR?

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

    No, I mean Michael Bowie, OL, signed last year and stashed on IR. I did not think Dwayne Bowe, WR, would be OL depth/competition.

    London Spiders? Nah, we're good thanks. It'll end up being bulldogs, knights, or something like that.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Bowie? Do you mean Bowe WR?

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

    No, I mean Michael Bowie, OL, signed last year and stashed on IR. I did not think Dwayne Bowe, WR, would be OL depth/competition.

    London Spiders? Nah, we're good thanks. It'll end up being bulldogs, knights, or something like that.

    @gftchris said:

    No, I mean Michael Bowie, OL, signed last year and stashed on IR. I did not think Dwayne Bowe, WR, would be OL depth/competition.

    London Spiders? Nah, we're good thanks. It'll end up being bulldogs, knights, or something like that.

    You think because your avatar is a Bulldog that London would be entitled to use that name?!! No sir. That belongs to NEOhio (three champions: Canton Bulldogs/Cleveland Bulldogs). We reserve that name. 😛

    Ka-nig-its....OK.

    The Broils....better yet.

  • Or just "The London Smog"

    There's a team here called London Blitz which is decent.

  • I did a survey of about 100 Mock drafts from the WalterFootball Database, and here were the choices, first for the Browns #12 pick then for then for the #19 pick. The number reflects how many times each player was taken. I ignored trades:

    Pick 12:

    Danny Shelton selected 25 times

    Devante Parker: 20

    Kevin White: 8

    Amari Cooper: 7

    Malcom Brown: 5

    Marcus Mariota: 4

    Arik Armstead: 4

    La'el Collins: 4

    Erick Flowers: 3

    Bud Dupree: 3

    Vic Beasly: 3

    Shane Ray: 3

    Randy Gregory: 2

    Andrus Peat: 2

    Brandon Scherff: 1

    Trae Waynes: 1

    Landon Collins: 1

    TJ Clemmings: 1

    Jordan Phillips: 1

    Breshard Perriman: 1

    Todd Gurley:1

    The #19 pick was even more all over the place:

    Malcom Brown: 15

    Jaelen Strong: 9

    Alvin Dupree: 8

    La'el Collins: 8

    Erick Flowers: 6

    Andrus Peat: 5

    Breshard Perriman: 5

    Danny Shelton: 5

    DJ Humphries: 4

    TJ Clemmings: 4

    Eddie Goldman: 3

    Dorial Green-Beckham: 3

    Randy Gregory: 3

    Maxx Williams: 3

    Melvin Gordon: 2

    Benardrick McKinney: 2

    Jordan Phillips: 2

    Arik Armstead: 2

    Nate Orchard: 1

    Brandon Scherff: 1

    Trae Waynes: 1

    Bryce Petty: 1

    Shaq Thompson: 1

    Cameron Erving: 1

    Devin Funchess: 1

    Devante Parker: 1

    Devin Smith: 1

    Brett Hundley: 1

    Jaelen Collins: 1

    If we go by this the Browns will sure bolster their defensive line with both Shelton and Brown. What would you think about that?

    @the-gipper said:

    If we go by this the Browns will sure bolster their defensive line with both Shelton and Brown. What would you think about that?

    I think that would be idiotic.

    The only reason Shelton does not dominate our 12 pick more than he does is that he did not make it to 12 in most mocks. The same reason explains why Brown ranks as high as he does at 19.

    @gftchris said:

    Taking a RB in round 1 makes zero sense for the browns. I can see us going edge-rusher and WR though.

    Mel does much better at evaluating players than he does team needs... and he never seems to consider a GM's proclivities.

  • @gftchris said:

    That would be valid if Farmer had picked all of those players. He's picked one skill player, high (literally?) that didn't work out in Manziel. But that's not exactly indicative.

    We are pretty set at OL, for starters at least, IMO. We also have Bowie who seems to be featuring in Pettine's plans as well for depth/competition. I wouldn't be outraged by another OL at some point, but I wouldn't like it in round 1, when we have very pressing needs, and quality players available to fill those needs.

    Bowie? Do you mean Bowe WR?

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

    @the-gipper said:

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

    Lime green unis for the London Limeys

  • @the-gipper said:

    Speaking of Bowie and football, if London got a team what would you think of naming them The Spiders?

    (just fyi, Cleveland once had a major league baseball team named The Spiders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

    Lime green unis for the London Limeys

    @texasag1969 said:

    Lime green unis for the London Limeys

    The London Bridges.....but they would have to make a trade for the Vikings QB.

  • If they have any balls.... The London Beefeaters

  • The London Eyes

  • Are they actually getting a team? So players will dread being part of it having to travel that far so often?

  • Nothing even close to official yet. But I can't imagine it being a decade away.