Skip to content

Would you trade our two first round picks for Philip Rivers?

Locked The Browns Board
100 37 3.6k
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Columbus, when can we see that for this year? That's crazy that they predicted the Cowboys success off of an 8-8 year.

  • Columbus, when can we see that for this year? That's crazy that they predicted the Cowboys success off of an 8-8 year.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @wargograw said:

    Columbus, when can we see that for this year? That's crazy that they predicted the Cowboys success off of an 8-8 year.

    Well I believe that is for teams on the upcoming year, notice how they left out Seattle and New England, the super bowl teams? Maybe they just didn't have time to analyze the 2014 teams.

  • @buck-the-frowns said:

    By the time the Browns could build a contender around him he'd hang up his spikes.

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers.

    http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #60

    @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.
  • @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @vagitron said:

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    Does it put zero stock in them....or does it say that they are unproven...which is really what they are.

    Shazier and Jones in particular are as equally unproven as Barkevious Mingo and Christian Kirksey. (You wouldn't disagree with the assessment that Mingo and Kirksey are unproven would you?)

    Like I said, you have a tantrum if anyone doesn't think some Steeler player isn't Hall of Fame talent.

  • @vagitron said:

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    Does it put zero stock in them....or does it say that they are unproven...which is really what they are.

    Shazier and Jones in particular are as equally unproven as Barkevious Mingo and Christian Kirksey. (You wouldn't disagree with the assessment that Mingo and Kirksey are unproven would you?)

    Like I said, you have a tantrum if anyone doesn't think some Steeler player isn't Hall of Fame talent.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #62

    @the-gipper said:

    Does it put zero stock in them....or does it say that they are unproven...which is really what they are.

    Shazier and Jones in particular are as equally unproven as Barkevious Mingo and Christian Kirksey. (You wouldn't disagree with the assessment that Mingo and Kirksey are unproven would you?)

    Like I said, you have a tantrum if anyone doesn't think some Steeler player isn't Hall of Fame talent.

    I said its a bad article and it is because it puts no stock in draft picks. Yes they are unproven, but those players were drafted in the first or second round to fill voids that they want to criticize in the article and this goes for all teams. It was a fluff piece designed to create a stir and get hits on their website. ESPN for the most part is garbage.
  • @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @vagitron said:

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    Well, it says that the Browns were 7 players away from serious contention....and that the Steelers were 11 players away.

    Again, I believe that they may have done the same roster analysis I did....and I think they were probably accurate.

    They are giving "average grades" to those unproven players we discussed. The one gripe you have would be re DeCastro, who should probably be upgraded to the "Good" category.

    But, if you have gripes....the Browns have more gripes. This put Joe Haden in the average category. He is certainly the best DB in the AFCN. And I can only assume Alex Mack is listed as average because he was hurt.

  • @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.
    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @vagitron said:

    It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    Yeah it doesn't consider how good Shazier MIGHT be it considers how good players are.... And PFF knows more then both of us, and I don't think it is an accident that the Browns are closer then the Stoolers. Also you are "The Vag of Columbus"

    King is a term reserved for me

  • @vagitron said:

    It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    Yeah it doesn't consider how good Shazier MIGHT be it considers how good players are.... And PFF knows more then both of us, and I don't think it is an accident that the Browns are closer then the Stoolers. Also you are "The Vag of Columbus"

    King is a term reserved for me

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @columbusking said:

    Yeah it doesn't consider how good Shazier MIGHT be it considers how good players are.... And PFF knows more then both of us, and I don't think it is an accident that the Browns are closer then the Stoolers. Also you are "The Vag of Columbus"

    King is a term reserved for me

    PFF is fine but their algorithm isn't perfect. I'm definitely the king of columbus. I have a squire position open if you are interested.

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #66

    You are the Vag I am the King that is just how things work around here, sorry

  • You are the Vag I am the King that is just how things work around here, sorry

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @columbusking said:

    You are the Vag I am the King that is just how things work around here, sorry

    Nope.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #68

    You can be the fag of Columbus.

  • @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.
    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @vagitron said:

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players.

    Its based upon PFF ratings....plain and simple......20+ = elite.......9+ = good.....etc etc.....

    Bottom line, more Browns players scored better overall than the Steelers.......

    We all know YOU wont agree....but the most objective and thorough rating system out there says we have better players.....period.....

    And you really cant present an arguement other than "I disagree"......

    @the-gipper said:

    . This put Joe Haden in the average category. He is certainly the best DB in the AFCN. And I can only assume Alex Mack is listed as average because he was hurt.

    Correct....we can make the same arguments that Vag makes.....Mack missed 11 games and still rated amongst the best.....since you get a separate score each game, it's often easy to project how a player might grade out....for example: Mack scored high grades every game and his score of +7 for 5 games projects to +23 for 16 games and would make him the #1 center and earn him major elite status.....

    Conversely, Shazier played 9 games and had a negative score...so his projection for 16 would be downward.....

    PFF only rates performance....there is no "speculation" or credit for potential(hope?) there...it's just facts and reality.....

    @columbusking said:

    PFF knows more then both of us, and I don't think it is an accident that the Browns are closer then the Stoolers

    Agree....PFF aint perfect, but it's a hell o lot better than... "cause I said so"....

    @vagitron said:

    PFF is fine but their algorithm isn't perfect.

    Nothing is perfect....but it's far and away the best(and fairest) rating system available......

  • @vagitron said:

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players.

    Its based upon PFF ratings....plain and simple......20+ = elite.......9+ = good.....etc etc.....

    Bottom line, more Browns players scored better overall than the Steelers.......

    We all know YOU wont agree....but the most objective and thorough rating system out there says we have better players.....period.....

    And you really cant present an arguement other than "I disagree"......

    @the-gipper said:

    . This put Joe Haden in the average category. He is certainly the best DB in the AFCN. And I can only assume Alex Mack is listed as average because he was hurt.

    Correct....we can make the same arguments that Vag makes.....Mack missed 11 games and still rated amongst the best.....since you get a separate score each game, it's often easy to project how a player might grade out....for example: Mack scored high grades every game and his score of +7 for 5 games projects to +23 for 16 games and would make him the #1 center and earn him major elite status.....

    Conversely, Shazier played 9 games and had a negative score...so his projection for 16 would be downward.....

    PFF only rates performance....there is no "speculation" or credit for potential(hope?) there...it's just facts and reality.....

    @columbusking said:

    PFF knows more then both of us, and I don't think it is an accident that the Browns are closer then the Stoolers

    Agree....PFF aint perfect, but it's a hell o lot better than... "cause I said so"....

    @vagitron said:

    PFF is fine but their algorithm isn't perfect.

    Nothing is perfect....but it's far and away the best(and fairest) rating system available......

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @mudfly said:

    Its based upon PFF ratings....plain and simple......20+ = elite.......9+ = good.....etc etc.....

    Bottom line, more Browns players scored better overall than the Steelers.......

    We all know YOU wont agree....but the most objective and thorough rating system out there says we have better players.....period.....

    And you really cant present an arguement other than "I disagree"......

    Correct....we can make the same arguments that Vag makes.....Mack missed 11 games and still rated amongst the best.....since you get a separate score each game, it's often easy to project how a player might grade out....for example: Mack scored high grades every game and his score of +7 for 5 games projects to +23 for 16 games and would make him the #1 center and earn him major elite status.....

    Conversely, Shazier played 9 games and had a negative score...so his projection for 16 would be downward.....

    PFF only rates performance....there is no "speculation" or credit for potential(hope?) there...it's just facts and reality.....

    Agree....PFF aint perfect, but it's a hell o lot better than... "cause I said so"....

    Nothing is perfect....but it's far and away the best(and fairest) rating system available......

    Its one of the only rating systems available. I prefer numberfire personally.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #71

    And numberfire says???

  • And numberfire says???

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @tour2ma said:

    And numberfire says???

    Oh I haven't checked. I just like their site more. Its also great for fantasy football 🙂

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Do those PFF numbers for the entire roster...at least starters, and compare.

  • And numberfire says???

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @tour2ma said:

    And numberfire says???

    number fire is nothing like PFF......it's a Gambling & Fantasy site that bases it's entire rating system on "predicting" future performance.....not on grading past performance...

    and it covers all sports(jack of all / master of none)....

    so, if you want real football grades and insight to how players performed game to game, Numberfire aint the place to get em....

  • andeftwA andeftw wrote on last edited by
    #75

    If Whisenhunt wants Rivers, he's going to be a Titan. With a Rivers trade the Chargers would have nothing at QB, so they'd need the ammunition to move up to #2 and select Mariota.

    I don't see the Chargers trading Rivers to another team unless they already have a deal in place with the Titans for the #2 pick involving only draft picks.

  • @tour2ma said:

    And numberfire says???

    number fire is nothing like PFF......it's a Gambling & Fantasy site that bases it's entire rating system on "predicting" future performance.....not on grading past performance...

    and it covers all sports(jack of all / master of none)....

    so, if you want real football grades and insight to how players performed game to game, Numberfire aint the place to get em....

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #76

    @mudfly said:

    number fire is nothing like PFF......it's a Gambling & Fantasy site that bases it's entire rating system on "predicting" future performance.....not on grading past performance...

    and it covers all sports(jack of all / master of none)....

    so, if you want real football grades and insight to how players performed game to game, Numberfire aint the place to get em....

    They do normal analysis but yes its mostly a fantasy predictor. As far as PFF is concerned it need to be taken with a grain of salt, sometimes they are on point and other times they are out in left field.

    Edit: here is a polamalu example of what I'm talking about..https://m.numberfire.com/nfl/news/4936/how-good-was-troy-polamalu-s-career?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=dlvr.it_nF

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #77

    I would trade our two first round picks this year and our first next year if he would sign a contract extension ... what's wrong with you people?

    Zombo