Skip to content

Rogers Unhappy?

The Browns Board
118 47 7.9k
  • I love it.

    The writers are all bitching about how ManKok don't tell them anything...and that they are distant.

    Then they latch onto one player who supposedly got 'dissed' by Mangini and start saying he wants out.

    But I have one question....

    HAS ANYONE SEEN A QUOTE FROM RODGERS?

    NO?

    Well, then I am assuming the writers are doing just a bit of artistic license on this one....at least until I hear from the big man himself.

    Mangini has already said he is reaching out to each player in turn. Sounds like the rumors may have him move to Rodgers sooner...but I am sure that this can be worked out...unless the Browns don't want it to. Rodgers would be a BIG enticement to KC, GB or any of the other new 3-4 defenses....a trade would get him off our cap...and open us up to get Raji (or if we thought Rubin was good enough) among other options.

  • Im not in favor of trading or releasing a talent like Rogers unless it becomes a detriment to the team...If the supposed rumours are true,,,,I only have this to say...."Shut the FOOK Up and Play Ball You Asshole!!!!"....Youre under contract!

  • I can't believe the reaction here to such a BS article. It is just like the article about the FO and Mangini being cool on Quinn.

    Rogers hasn't said shit. This is another piece of crap written because their isn't anything else to write about. Not one quote from Rogers or anybody around him. All this assumed from Mangini walking by Rogers and not seeing him. Nothing else. Mangini and Kokinis were locked up in Berea until the combine, so where did the bad feelings come from.

    Rogers should be happy as hell because they are going to supply him some help on defense.

    Then you read knee jerk reactions here like "trade him" and "Mangini is an asshole"....................are you kidding me. Do you even know if they met yet? Mangini had said they texted each other and plan to meet when he comes into town.

    Know how do you get someone wanting to be traded out of that? WTF guys let's not overreact to every piece of shit story with no basis.

    It's like Joe Thomas saying he likes the outdoors and enjoyed it up there while he was in college. Next thing you know some asshole is writing that Thomas wants traded to Green Bay.

    Go back and look at the shit written here with no basis for the article and not a word from Rogers. Talk about over reaction.

    WPB...............help, this is crazy

  • So if you fire the only coach that Rogers could relate to then Rogers isn't happy?

    Never coulda seen that one coming...

  • So if you fire the only coach that Rogers could relate to then Rogers isn't happy?

    Never coulda seen that one coming...

    @lumbergh said:

    So if you fire the only coach that Rogers could relate to then Rogers isn't happy?

    Never coulda seen that one coming...

    Stoke the fire baby.....................................you got about the same integrity as the writer of this story.

    That's as stupid as saying DA wasn't worth shit until he teamed up with Chud so now he won't be worth shit again.

  • @estrago said:

    Lerner hired a jerk in Mangini. He lost the team in NY and had a divided locker room. So far he continuing being a jerk, business as usual.

    And for the poster who wanted his autograph...good ... he should have ignored you.

    you are RetardED.

    That is all.

  • @estrago said:

    Lerner hired a jerk in Mangini. He lost the team in NY and had a divided locker room. So far he continuing being a jerk, business as usual.

    And for the poster who wanted his autograph...good ... he should have ignored you.

    And you were in the locker room to know he lost it? And your opinion of him as being a jerk here is backed up by what? The guy has been locked behind closed doors evaluating the talent, or lack of, on this team and that makes him a jerk? The fact that he doesn't kiss the media's ass makes him a jerk?

    What makes him a jerk so far? cutting Dorsey? Maybe rumors being spread by some media because they don't have anything else to write about makes him a jerk.

    Just can't get my arms around this "business as usual" thing. What's that?

    Maybe if he released his FA stratagy or his draft stratagy, he would be such a jerk? Maybe those players from that divided clubhouse who say he wasn't the problem were paid off? Maybe the real jerk is Favre the guy who divided the clubhouse?

    Maybe you are like some of the media, nothing better to write about so you make something up?

  • Article in cleveland plain dealer and reports on espn sportscenter say that he wants to be released. This is another great start from a new regime. Check out the article. craziness

  • To be fair, the PD article just repeated what Shefter said in his report. But Shefter's a credible reporter; I think this is legit.

  • To be fair, the PD article just repeated what Shefter said in his report. But Shefter's a credible reporter; I think this is legit.

    Aloysius said:

    To be fair, the PD article just repeated what Shefter said in his report. But Shefter's a credible reporter; I think this is legit.

    Read Shefter's whole article on Orange & Brown, you don't have to be an insider to read it. He has he doesn't have a clue about the rumor and can only quess like everyone else. No word from Rogers about anything.

  • Any time I hear anything like this, between any two people (especially in pro sports), I want to ask the person complaining "why didn't you go and talk to him either time?". I mean if Rogers is really miffed, what is his excuse for not going up to Mangini on either occassion and talking to him. Why does Mangini have to come to him.

  • Aloysius said:

    To be fair, the PD article just repeated what Shefter said in his report. But Shefter's a credible reporter; I think this is legit.

    Read Shefter's whole article on Orange & Brown, you don't have to be an insider to read it. He has he doesn't have a clue about the rumor and can only quess like everyone else. No word from Rogers about anything.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Read Shefter's whole article on Orange & Brown, you don't have to be an insider to read it. He has he doesn't have a clue about the rumor and can only quess like everyone else. No word from Rogers about anything.

    I'm guessing you're referring to Barry McBride's take on Shefter's report. Because it's not insider content, I'll just quote it:

    There are really three possibilities about this story:
    • 1.
    It’s about money. The team’s poor public image may have created the sense on the part of players or their representatives that they might have some leverage. The fact that the player's gripes are simply presented as Rogers being "disenchanted", and that they become public right before the NFL’s annual spending spree could lead to this conclusion.

    2. Rogers is genuinely distressed and wants to leave. His gripes haven’t been spelled out, but it’s known that Rogers had a positive opinion about some of the people who have recently left the organization, which might have upset him.

    3. The story isn't as severe as the report might indicate. In this case, Rogers is bothered by some things have have been happening, but hasn’t gone as far as the story claims. The Browns have already said that Rogers hasn’t asked for his release, and Rogers hasn’t even talked to Mangini about his concerns.

    My gut tells me it’s “3”. Regardless of the truth – and you know we’re already digging to get it – the story will certainly get a lot of attention. A number of fans and bloggers have jumped on board the cries of despair are already being heard.

    Personally, I think I'll just grab a seat on the fence here until I get more information. I'll save you a seat if you want it.

  • Aloysius said:

    To be fair, the PD article just repeated what Shefter said in his report. But Shefter's a credible reporter; I think this is legit.

    Read Shefter's whole article on Orange & Brown, you don't have to be an insider to read it. He has he doesn't have a clue about the rumor and can only quess like everyone else. No word from Rogers about anything.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Read Shefter's whole article on Orange & Brown, you don't have to be an insider to read it. He has he doesn't have a clue about the rumor and can only quess like everyone else. No word from Rogers about anything.

    "Barry" aka Art Bietz, proprietor of Orange and Brown, doesn't have a clue either. Neither do his jackass columnists Lanie Atkins or Johnny Cakes Taylor.

  • God this dumb thug is annoying. Shut the F up and do your job you whiny bitch.

  • I'd line up some trades quickly before the draft. See yah Rogers, Braylon, DA, and whoever else doesn't want to be here.

    Lets get some Draft Picks!

  • I'd line up some trades quickly before the draft. See yah Rogers, Braylon, DA, and whoever else doesn't want to be here.

    Lets get some Draft Picks!

    Chickenwang said:

    I'd line up some trades quickly before the draft. See yah Rogers, Braylon, DA, and whoever else doesn't want to be here.

    Lets get some Draft Picks!

    I would add Brady Quinn in also. He would be worth some valuable draft picks, and since Mangini has already stated that he is not the "in stone" starter, why not? I have a feeling that the Quinn lovers in here are going to be very disappointed in a few months. Support the team fellas, not one player.

  • I agree. I'm a huge Quinn fan. Been a ND fan my whole life. I was happy to see him come to Cleveland. If the new coaching staff doesn't think he's the answer... .then send him out as well.

    Bring in Vick.. shake the doggs up! Think Vick would have some fans in the Dogg Pound?

  • God this dumb thug is annoying. Shut the F up and do your job you whiny bitch.

    @thebestplayersplay said:

    God this dumb thug is annoying. Shut the F up and do your job you whiny bitch.

    I can't believe some of you people! Do you forget that he had a stellar pro bowl year this year? Calling him a dumb thug is really uncalled for and it's too bad that the rest of the 10 guys on D can't give the kinda effort he gave

  • @thebestplayersplay said:

    God this dumb thug is annoying. Shut the F up and do your job you whiny bitch.

    I can't believe some of you people! Do you forget that he had a stellar pro bowl year this year? Calling him a dumb thug is really uncalled for and it's too bad that the rest of the 10 guys on D can't give the kinda effort he gave

    Dacaddyman said:

    I can't believe some of you people! Do you forget that he had a stellar pro bowl year this year? Calling him a dumb thug is really uncalled for and it's too bad that the rest of the 10 guys on D can't give the kinda effort he gave

    Pretty sure rogers barely played 50% of defensive snaps. Effort my balls..

  • All I have to say is I told you so DicknEars!