Skip to content

WINSLOW TRADED!!

The Browns Board
316 76 18.8k
  • Our offense is going to be a dead duck this year guys..we need to get rid of butterfingers now before his value drops even more...

    Heiden is old and injury bait..

    Rucker who knows he didnt overly impress me

    Dinkins?muhahahaha!

    Butterfingers

    Stallsalot

    Steeltoe

    No handzors sanders

    What a mess...

    Quarterbacking this group is like saying..hi i want to have a really bad qb rating..its like being the captain of the titanic only you know you are going to sink before you sail...

    @gips said:

    Our offense is going to be a dead duck this year guys..we need to get rid of butterfingers now before his value drops even more...

    Heiden is old and injury bait..

    Rucker who knows he didnt overly impress me

    Dinkins?muhahahaha!

    Butterfingers

    Stallsalot

    Steeltoe

    No handzors sanders

    What a mess...

    Quarterbacking this group is like saying..hi i want to have a really bad qb rating..its like being the captain of the titanic only you know you are going to sink before you sail...

    wow. do you like Winslow at least?

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    where do you find info on schefter

    I'm watching the NFL network...he said it half hour ago

    @solon16 said:

    I'm watching the NFL network...he said it half hour ago

    NFL.com shefters blog...

  • Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

  • Screw it, let's gut this thing. Get what you can for Rogers and DA and stockpile the shit out of first day picks. Then, take the money saved on the cap and shore up some guys in FA.

    That would be making a pretty loud entrance for Kokinis. I just don't see how gaining multiple picks can hurt this team. While we're at it, Edwards could go too as long as he's replaced with someone like Coles at a lesser cost.

  • Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

    @floridabrownsfan said:

    Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

  • Screw it, let's gut this thing. Get what you can for Rogers and DA and stockpile the shit out of first day picks. Then, take the money saved on the cap and shore up some guys in FA.

    That would be making a pretty loud entrance for Kokinis. I just don't see how gaining multiple picks can hurt this team. While we're at it, Edwards could go too as long as he's replaced with someone like Coles at a lesser cost.

    @riffer-x said:

    Screw it, let's gut this thing. Get what you can for Rogers and DA and stockpile the shit out of first day picks. Then, take the money saved on the cap and shore up some guys in FA.

    That would be making a pretty loud entrance for Kokinis. I just don't see how gaining multiple picks can hurt this team. While we're at it, Edwards could go too as long as he's replaced with someone like Coles at a lesser cost.

    Don't need a total gut...but agreed ...Rogers (back to the NFC), DA and Edwards...Cya! Edwards isn't going to be a Brown after next year anyway...that's a guarantee!

  • I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

  • I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

    @beefjerky said:

    I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

  • @beefjerky said:

    I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    AdaM said:

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

  • @floridabrownsfan said:

    Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

    @solon16 said:

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

    lol well u never know with ManKok!

    I actually just read on another forum that supposedly it was for a 2nd + 3rd, but there was no confirmed evidence of this. But if it is true, then man we got a pretty good deal

  • @solon16 said:

    I am on the fence...depends what K2 does over the next two years. On the face I'd have liked a #2 this year and #3 next...I think that would have been a fair deal.

    I'm kind of a little heated right now so I'm talking without thinking about it.

    I like the #2nd round pick but I wish they would have pushed for 2 picks THIS draft instead of one this year than one next year.

    @next2nothing said:

    I'm kind of a little heated right now so I'm talking without thinking about it.

    I like the #2nd round pick but I wish they would have pushed for 2 picks THIS draft instead of one this year than one next year.

    I don't mind next year...I really mind a 5th rounder...think we could have gotten a third next year!

  • AdaM said:

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    @beefjerky said:

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    It wasn't the first day teams could talk about them. Just execute them. Teams also had to have the cap space, which TB just cleared a ton of.

  • AdaM said:

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    @beefjerky said:

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    yep, first day. feb 27: free agency begins, trading period begins.

  • @solon16 said:

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

    lol well u never know with ManKok!

    I actually just read on another forum that supposedly it was for a 2nd + 3rd, but there was no confirmed evidence of this. But if it is true, then man we got a pretty good deal

    @floridabrownsfan said:

    lol well u never know with ManKok!

    I actually just read on another forum that supposedly it was for a 2nd + 3rd, but there was no confirmed evidence of this. But if it is true, then man we got a pretty good deal

    If we got a 2nd this year and a third next...I'd unequivocally say that is a good and fair deal on both sides!

  • WE CANT LET ROGERS GO! Mangina has to quit being a pussy and go talk to the big beast. Keep him happy please.

    As for as a 2nd rounder for KW that is probably about right...although Im sorry to see him go, I think they want our TE's to put more of an emphasis on blocking. We have Bray and DS to stretch the field. Maybe Cieslak is a darkhouse gamer? Can he block?

    We just need to hit on those picks now...

  • @solon16 said:

    Schefter said Unconfirmed...2nd this year 5th next year...

    what would a 5th rounder next year accomplish? we could have at least gotten a 2nd this year AND next year if we were going to split the picks up. we might as well have traded him for a 2nd rounder this year, a bag of balls and a new pair of cleats. however i do have to say that we got good value for him with the second round pick

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    what would a 5th rounder next year accomplish? we could have at least gotten a 2nd this year AND next year if we were going to split the picks up. we might as well have traded him for a 2nd rounder this year, a bag of balls and a new pair of cleats. however i do have to say that we got good value for him with the second round pick

    There is a good chance that if the deal is structured this way, that next years 5th is conditional based on PT, or some other measurable. IE, the trade could end up being a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

  • After doing some research I found Shockey was traded for the same exact deal. A 2nd rounder in 08 and a 5th rounder in 09. That deal most have been the barometer for this one and the best they could get. Still what Winslow brings you for that price is well worth its weight in gold.

    My only hope now and the only thing that may heal the damage is Mathews falls to the second rd and Greene is there for the taking at #50. If we can obtain those two this pill will be much easier to swallow.

  • Actually just saw the clip on espn and hasselback just said that it would be great if they got a 2nd and 3rd. That's probably where the rumor started. But I highly doubt that's what we got

  • @raiderman said:

    Wow you guys suck! There goes 1 of your 2 best players! Man the Browns are weak! I told you guys Winslow wouldn't be around you pieces of shit! HAHAHAH!

    THIS FROM A RAIDER FAN....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    A

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    what would a 5th rounder next year accomplish? we could have at least gotten a 2nd this year AND next year if we were going to split the picks up. we might as well have traded him for a 2nd rounder this year, a bag of balls and a new pair of cleats. however i do have to say that we got good value for him with the second round pick

    There is a good chance that if the deal is structured this way, that next years 5th is conditional based on PT, or some other measurable. IE, the trade could end up being a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

    @smalls1129 said:

    There is a good chance that if the deal is structured this way, that next years 5th is conditional based on PT, or some other measurable. IE, the trade could end up being a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

    That's what I'm thinking (though I think it's more likely that the '10 pick maxes out at a 3rd).