WINSLOW TRADED!!
-
Hate to see him go loved his play, (would have loved to see how good he would have been had he not been injured) loved is desire. But we were smart to get something for him. Glad we got the 2nd this year. Think at least a 4th next would have been better.
Better to get something for him while we can rather then have him try and get his big payday from us before he finally can't take it anymore.
I WISH WINSLOW THE BEST OF LUCK AND LIFE!
-
for you guys whining about his "shelf life" you act like winslow is kurt warner's age, the guy is 25 and has many great years to come, I am very upset that they traded him.
for you guys whining about his "shelf life" you act like winslow is kurt warner's age, the guy is 25 and has many great years to come, I am very upset that they traded him.
Warner didn't destroy his knee in a motorcycle accident- it could be worse than you think. He also doesn't have to outrun linebackers or cornerbacks on every play. Doesn't have to block them either.

-
i'm fine w/ serviceable KFP. that's a compliment to a 28.75 year-old back w/ 10,000 miles on his tires.
but recall he dropped down to 235lbs for 2008. back in the 245-250lb range he should regain '07 form.
Jamal will be 30 in Aug and has alot of wear and tear. There have only been a handful of RB's to continually play at a high level in their 30's I think you may be the only one in the world that thinks he's going to rush for 1,300 yards have 9 TD's and a 4.4 ypc avg like in 07. Give me a break! He's a situational short yardage back at best that is not worth paying 6.5 mil to next year. So If they can't restructure his contract he needs to be released.
I should of woke up this morning reading that we cut Lewis because he wouldn't restructure his contract rather than read that we traded one of our best players!
BULL$HIT!
Jamal will be 30 in Aug and has alot of wear and tear. There have only been a handful of RB's to continually play at a high level in their 30's I think you may be the only one in the world that thinks he's going to rush for 1,300 yards have 9 TD's and a 4.4 ypc avg like in 07. Give me a break! He's a situational short yardage back at best that is not worth paying 6.5 mil to next year. So If they can't restructure his contract he needs to be released.
my bad, i meant 29.5 yrs.I should of woke up this morning reading that we cut Lewis because he wouldn't restructure his contract rather than read that we traded one of our best players!
BULL$HIT!
care to wager on JLew for '09? i put the over/under at 1,200.

obviously i'll take the over. loser.....? no $$. i'm a good sport.
if he's traded this bet is null.
-
How much cap space was opened up with this trade ?
-
Man, lose both K2 and BE. If it happens, nobody saw that coming.
Wonder if we'll go after a veteren WR, like Houshamazilli.
-
Man, lose both K2 and BE. If it happens, nobody saw that coming.
Wonder if we'll go after a veteren WR, like Houshamazilli.
Man, lose both K2 and BE. If it happens, nobody saw that coming.
Wonder if we'll go after a veteren WR, like Houshamazilli.
Isn't T.J on his way to Seattle? Or isn't that a done deal yet?
Other than Houshmandzedah I don't think there is a lot out there via free agency. the better ones like Mcdonald or Henderson are smaller slot type WR's.
If they trade Edwards maybe they are going after Crabtree. If you try and replace Edwards in in the second round I'd think you'd be taking a huge chance if you are planning on that player contributing a lot. I think there may only be two 2nd round WR's. Kenny Britt and Brian Robiskie. Some have Heyward-Bey going in the second round but I think he's a late 1st or very early second. I like Britt a lot but I think some have said he is a bit of a head case
I love the fact that with 3 or 4 second round picks we could still see Connor Barwin in a Browns uniform.
-
Man, lose both K2 and BE. If it happens, nobody saw that coming.
Wonder if we'll go after a veteren WR, like Houshamazilli.
Isn't T.J on his way to Seattle? Or isn't that a done deal yet?
Other than Houshmandzedah I don't think there is a lot out there via free agency. the better ones like Mcdonald or Henderson are smaller slot type WR's.
If they trade Edwards maybe they are going after Crabtree. If you try and replace Edwards in in the second round I'd think you'd be taking a huge chance if you are planning on that player contributing a lot. I think there may only be two 2nd round WR's. Kenny Britt and Brian Robiskie. Some have Heyward-Bey going in the second round but I think he's a late 1st or very early second. I like Britt a lot but I think some have said he is a bit of a head case
I love the fact that with 3 or 4 second round picks we could still see Connor Barwin in a Browns uniform.
oldcow1945 said:
Isn't T.J on his way to Seattle? Or isn't that a done deal yet?Just finished watching NFL Total Access and they ended the show with a "T.J. will land somewhere, we just don't know where" comment.
-
@shepwrite said:
Yeah, at OBR they're getting some hints that Edwards might get moved if they can get a reasonable offer and someone who can make a reasonable extension deal with him. I can't imagine we'd get more than another second round pick. But if we did the same with Anderson, we'd have four second round picks and we could do some serious moving around with that.I'm not one for trying to build a team solely with 23 year olds, but you could turn a 1 and four 2s into about 7 picks in the first three rounds... and then trade away the rest of your draft. That's a serious influx of youth at the top of the draft. Then, with all the money saved by unloading Edwards, Winslow, Anderson, and Lewis, you'd have about 35 million for free agents.
You could really pinpoint the right personnel for your scheme, that's for sure. You'd be turning over five positions on offense and probably four on defense.
Good teams are built on drafts and Free Agency. Good draft picks down through the entire 7 rounds. It's amazing how many 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders you see on depth charts in the NFL.
I'd love to see this team completely start over with a bunch of kids mixed in with Vet FA signings. A 1st round pick and 4 second round picks this year and you could have 1/4 of your new team built in just two rounds in one draft.
-
I for one will miss him. I think he is a good player (when healthy) and I do think he gave it his all. That being said, he could be better. Honestly he is one guy I would have liked them to keep. I feel that at this point there are a lot more people to get rid of before you toss a guy with hands like that! Then again I am not a coach. Let's wait and see what happens... that's part of the fun!
-
I was looking at K2's numbers.
In 5 years he played 44 games and scored 11 TD's.
I think it's amazing we got a 2nd rounder for him. I think it's an absolutely great deal for the Browns
-
Look, I've been saying it for a while now.
The kid has a bum knee (and it's his own damn fault).
His contract is up too soon and he's going to want a big, multi-year deal.
He'll never play out that big contract and we're going to take a huge hit to the cap when it happens.
It gives us 2 options:
1: Let him play out his contract here and get one more productive season, then let him walk.
2: Take what we can get now why he still has value and use those picks to build.
We went with #2, and even though it's a hard pill to swallow it was the RIGHT thing to do whether we liked it or not.
-
Jamal will be 30 in Aug and has alot of wear and tear. There have only been a handful of RB's to continually play at a high level in their 30's I think you may be the only one in the world that thinks he's going to rush for 1,300 yards have 9 TD's and a 4.4 ypc avg like in 07. Give me a break! He's a situational short yardage back at best that is not worth paying 6.5 mil to next year. So If they can't restructure his contract he needs to be released.
my bad, i meant 29.5 yrs.I should of woke up this morning reading that we cut Lewis because he wouldn't restructure his contract rather than read that we traded one of our best players!
BULL$HIT!
care to wager on JLew for '09? i put the over/under at 1,200.

obviously i'll take the over. loser.....? no $$. i'm a good sport.
if he's traded this bet is null.
my bad, i meant 29.5 yrs.
care to wager on JLew for '09? i put the over/under at 1,200.

obviously i'll take the over. loser.....? no $$. i'm a good sport.
if he's traded this bet is null.
A little history for ya- ask Flugels- I've never lost an Internet bet.
You mean $1,200? LOL. You're on- I'll take the under, and unless he seriously restructures he's as good as gone. The Lewis of '08 reminded me exactly of Jerome Bettis at the end of his career. Strictly a short yardage situational back. As compared to the current crop of elite RBs in the NFL, he's totally lost his burst.
-
oldcow1945 said:
Isn't T.J on his way to Seattle? Or isn't that a done deal yet?Just finished watching NFL Total Access and they ended the show with a "T.J. will land somewhere, we just don't know where" comment.
Just finished watching NFL Total Access and they ended the show with a "T.J. will land somewhere, we just don't know where" comment.
Hooshiemooshie will command #1 wr pay, and I'd dump Bray-Bray for a second round pick, and pick up TJ at BE's salary in about a second.
BE's serious case of gator arms last season is just an exacerbation of a problem he's always had- not being able to hold onto the football. If he hasn't cured the problem by now, it's not happening folks.
-
AdaM said:
We have plenty of talent at TE. The picks will def be used to sure up the roster and add depth, I think it's a good move. As long as they atleast got a 2nd / 4th.Great move Browns dumping the slug of uselessness Kellen Winslow JR..........GREAT DAY IN BROWNS HISTORY ridding ourselves from that slug
and if Mangini is worth a shit...........Rogers needs to go as well..........overhyped average performer in a team that cannot play the scheme
Great move Browns dumping the slug of uselessness Kellen Winslow JR..........GREAT DAY IN BROWNS HISTORY ridding ourselves from that slug
and if Mangini is worth a shit...........Rogers needs to go as well..........overhyped average performer in a team that cannot play the scheme
Winslow isn't the worthless player you make him out to be Rich. At least we got something for him before his knee totally gave out. Tells me the Browns think KW won't last more than 2 seasons.
And you're dead wrong about Rodgers. The guy played nose tackle perfectly- you want to lay some hate- put it on our LBs- the lot of them aren't worth what we got for KW.
-
@shepwrite said:
Yeah, at OBR they're getting some hints that Edwards might get moved if they can get a reasonable offer and someone who can make a reasonable extension deal with him. I can't imagine we'd get more than another second round pick. But if we did the same with Anderson, we'd have four second round picks and we could do some serious moving around with that.I'm not one for trying to build a team solely with 23 year olds, but you could turn a 1 and four 2s into about 7 picks in the first three rounds... and then trade away the rest of your draft. That's a serious influx of youth at the top of the draft. Then, with all the money saved by unloading Edwards, Winslow, Anderson, and Lewis, you'd have about 35 million for free agents.
You could really pinpoint the right personnel for your scheme, that's for sure. You'd be turning over five positions on offense and probably four on defense.
Although I agree with your overall synapses...I just think making such a big turnover so sudden is risky business...I mean these arent just roll players and bench players were moving...These were guys who were supposed to be the core of the franchise And I dont think anyone can stomach another 4-12 season...Mangini hasnt made alot of friends lately and wether you like him or not...that has to be disconcerting to the fanbase starved for a winner...Im not altogether sold on Mangini...But Am open minded enough to give him enough rope to hang himself If he so does.,...I just wonder what were gonna replace these vets with......I just cant help but envision Hal and "The Gibber" Laughing at all of us...Its a pretty sick feeling and I really dont like it.
-
@shepwrite said:
Yeah, at OBR they're getting some hints that Edwards might get moved if they can get a reasonable offer and someone who can make a reasonable extension deal with him. I can't imagine we'd get more than another second round pick. But if we did the same with Anderson, we'd have four second round picks and we could do some serious moving around with that.I'm not one for trying to build a team solely with 23 year olds, but you could turn a 1 and four 2s into about 7 picks in the first three rounds... and then trade away the rest of your draft. That's a serious influx of youth at the top of the draft. Then, with all the money saved by unloading Edwards, Winslow, Anderson, and Lewis, you'd have about 35 million for free agents.
You could really pinpoint the right personnel for your scheme, that's for sure. You'd be turning over five positions on offense and probably four on defense.
I agree, and think that is what we intend to do.
Right now, Mangini and KOK have no investment in this team. Once they go through a season, they are invested. And there are no players on this team invested in the staff.
Mangini wants to bring in a class of players who are invested in him...players who were drafted by him, players who feel responsible to him.
I can see Edwards gone in a week or two....add Rogers to the list.
Rogers is way harder to replace then Edwards, but it is imperative that guy hits the road. He is going to be a problem. I would rather go through the season with Rubin playing the nose.
Edwards isn't that darn hard to replace. While we may not replace him with a superstar, there are always some good receivers to be had.
-
I have a feeling Kevvy Shafe is going to released in another cost cutting move. The Browns are definitely looking at drafting either a center or RG/RT along with another FA.
Anybody making big money is in jeopardy, with the exception of Steinbach and Thomas.
I highly doubt Lewis is back, especially if we can get Ward and draft a Green type.
-
The more I reflect on this move; the more I like the move! This team needs a complete house cleaning; next up should be Mr five hour energy drink, Boar Shoes, Sean 'What up Boss Man' Smith; Big Baby....Romeo is gone fellas; the party is over!
-
@shepwrite said:
Yeah, at OBR they're getting some hints that Edwards might get moved if they can get a reasonable offer and someone who can make a reasonable extension deal with him. I can't imagine we'd get more than another second round pick. But if we did the same with Anderson, we'd have four second round picks and we could do some serious moving around with that.I'm not one for trying to build a team solely with 23 year olds, but you could turn a 1 and four 2s into about 7 picks in the first three rounds... and then trade away the rest of your draft. That's a serious influx of youth at the top of the draft. Then, with all the money saved by unloading Edwards, Winslow, Anderson, and Lewis, you'd have about 35 million for free agents.
You could really pinpoint the right personnel for your scheme, that's for sure. You'd be turning over five positions on offense and probably four on defense.
Although I agree with your overall synapses...I just think making such a big turnover so sudden is risky business...I mean these arent just roll players and bench players were moving...These were guys who were supposed to be the core of the franchise And I dont think anyone can stomach another 4-12 season...Mangini hasnt made alot of friends lately and wether you like him or not...that has to be disconcerting to the fanbase starved for a winner...Im not altogether sold on Mangini...But Am open minded enough to give him enough rope to hang himself If he so does.,...I just wonder what were gonna replace these vets with......I just cant help but envision Hal and "The Gibber" Laughing at all of us...Its a pretty sick feeling and I really dont like it.
Although I agree with your overall synapses...I just think making such a big turnover so sudden is risky business...I mean these arent just roll players and bench players were moving...These were guys who were supposed to be the core of the franchise And I dont think anyone can stomach another 4-12 season...Mangini hasnt made alot of friends lately and wether you like him or not...that has to be disconcerting to the fanbase starved for a winner...Im not altogether sold on Mangini...But Am open minded enough to give him enough rope to hang himself If he so does.,...I just wonder what were gonna replace these vets with......I just cant help but envision Hal and "The Gibber" Laughing at all of us...Its a pretty sick feeling and I really dont like it.
Yeah, the core that delivered 3 losing seasons out of 4 under RAC and Savage. Maybe Mangini and Kokinis figure the core is rotten and its time to infuse the team with a new core. Can't say that I blame them.
-
Although I agree with your overall synapses...I just think making such a big turnover so sudden is risky business...I mean these arent just roll players and bench players were moving...These were guys who were supposed to be the core of the franchise And I dont think anyone can stomach another 4-12 season...Mangini hasnt made alot of friends lately and wether you like him or not...that has to be disconcerting to the fanbase starved for a winner...Im not altogether sold on Mangini...But Am open minded enough to give him enough rope to hang himself If he so does.,...I just wonder what were gonna replace these vets with......I just cant help but envision Hal and "The Gibber" Laughing at all of us...Its a pretty sick feeling and I really dont like it.
Yeah, the core that delivered 3 losing seasons out of 4 under RAC and Savage. Maybe Mangini and Kokinis figure the core is rotten and its time to infuse the team with a new core. Can't say that I blame them.
Yeah, the core that delivered 3 losing seasons out of 4 under RAC and Savage. Maybe Mangini and Kokinis figure the core is rotten and its time to infuse the team with a new core. Can't say that I blame them.
I also agree about Rogers...if the reports of his unhappiness are true, you can bet he'll "tank it" if he's here this season. Trade him while his value is high & draft Raji. We needed a staff of action & by golly, it looks like we GOT it. Exciting off season shaping up.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login