Skip to content

Quinn still hasn't shown he's our guy

The Browns Board
63 15 3.9k
  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #42

    so you like Kelly Holcomb.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #43

    sick.

  • so you like Kelly Holcomb.

    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dj_illness said:

    so you like Kelly Holcomb.

    i like kelly holcomb sexually. she's a chick right?

  • so you like Kelly Holcomb.

    S smalls1129 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @dj_illness said:

    so you like Kelly Holcomb.

    Jesus, what is the point. You read the whole thing I wrote and come out with this. And by the way are you saying that you hate the only QB that has led us to the playoffs since we came back? Couch, did help so please don't miss the entire point again.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #46

    sar-cas-m.

    it makes things funny.

  • @dj_illness said:

    so you like Kelly Holcomb.

    i like kelly holcomb sexually. she's a chick right?

    D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    i like kelly holcomb sexually. she's a chick right?

    see?

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Oh, and for those touting DA's game against the G-men this past season, CLE forcing 3 picks of Eli was a huge reason for that win.

  • You don't want your team to succeed cock sucker (you said it, not me). What you want is to pick apart the guy with the ball in his hands under center to explain why we suck. And you know why you want to point blame on the wrong guy? Because he isn't from Ohio, and Lady Quinn is, and because you, like the rest of the Browns fans, are xxxxing pussies and can't live with the fact that this team sucks, and the QB isn't the reason. When the fans are pussies, I doubt the team will ever be anything but a bunch of pussies.

    This team did not suck because of Anderson. This team sucked because we had 17 sacks total for the season.

    Derek Anderson had the most successful season for a QB in almost 20 years.

    Braylon Edwards had the most successful season for a Browns WR in Team History!

    Our Defense the last two years... finished in the bottom of the NFL in overall defense.

    Break out of the bubbles kids! Quinn is going to throw 40TDs, have 19 sacks, and a handful of INTs!

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @mario said:

    You don't want your team to succeed cock sucker (you said it, not me).

    I'm not sure how you read that as me not wanting my team to succeed.

    Oh, and Mario: what's your Age/Sex/Location, hotstuff! It's Friday, and I'm looking to par-tay!

  • sar-cas-m.

    it makes things funny.

    S smalls1129 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @dj_illness said:

    sar-cas-m.

    it makes things funny.

    Yea my bad, I was already replying before the other posts came in.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #51

    oh.

    I'm glad you're not that dumb for real 🙂

    🙂 🙂

  • oh.

    I'm glad you're not that dumb for real 🙂

    🙂 🙂

    S smalls1129 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @dj_illness said:

    oh.

    I'm glad you're not that dumb for real 🙂

    🙂 🙂

    LOL I think....but then again I can be an arrogant asshole at times....so maybe we're both mistaken

  • @vaportrail said:

    I'll accept that when he's traded.

    Ohhhhh... so his games last year don't count, b/c of coaching etc... Right.

    You are so unbelievably stupid, its ridiculous.

    He had a BROKEN FINGER AND DETACHED TENDON on his THROWING HAND for every attempt past the first few minutes of the BUFFALO game.

    Denver was the ONLY HEALTHY GAME that BQ played... what were the game stats again?

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #53

    AdaM said:

    You are so unbelievably stupid, its ridiculous.

    i have yet to read a reply from you that doesn't include an insult...

    are you really that insecure, or do you just suck at the internet, tough guy?

  • AdaM said:

    You are so unbelievably stupid, its ridiculous.

    i have yet to read a reply from you that doesn't include an insult...

    are you really that insecure, or do you just suck at the internet, tough guy?

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @choco said:

    i have yet to read a reply from you that doesn't include an insult...

    are you really that insecure, or do you just suck at the internet, tough guy?

    I can't help myself from calling out one of the most ridiculous statements ever posted on this board.

    And, obviously from the plethora of responses on my side, I am correct.

    Who the xxxx asked you anyway?

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #55

    I think we all want our team to succeed but there is lots of reasons to doubt its going to be in our lifetimes...lol 😉

  • I think I'd still rather have Anderson under center. Please don't group me with Lum, that guy's seriously in love with DA. Like, he wants to marry him.

    Anywho.

    Pros:

    Quinn: Nice touch on the short ball. More mobile than Anderson, might always be a threat to run (if we can give him more than 3 seconds to throw). Seems to go through progressions better than DA.

    Anderson: Rocket arm. Quick release. Can thread a needle with his rocket pass. Looked like Tom Brady against the Giants.

    Cons:

    Quinn: No long ball. Everything long I've seen him throw in the NFL was a quacker.

    Anderson: Rocket arm. Known to throw the ball directly to DB's. Probably has a low self-esteem after the treatment he got this year (I was at the Ravens game and thought the Brady chant was bullshit. DA didn't lose us that game, it was our xxxxing defense and Braylon's stone hands.) Inconsistent.

    So yeah. Those are my thoughts. It just seems that DA's an all or nothing type player. When he's hot, he can't be stopped. Whereas, Quinn's more consistent, but I think his performance last year can best be described as adequate. When it comes down it, I just think that we'd get more W's (and risk more losses) with DA at the helm than with Quinn. I would like to see us take that risk.

    Please keep this civilized.

    ITHIKAI ITHIKA wrote on last edited by ITHIKA
    #56

    @vaportrail said:

    I think I'd still rather have Anderson under center. Please don't group me with Lum, that guy's seriously in love with DA. Like, he wants to marry him.

    Anywho.

    Pros:

    Quinn: Nice touch on the short ball. More mobile than Anderson, might always be a threat to run (if we can give him more than 3 seconds to throw). Seems to go through progressions better than DA.

    Anderson: Rocket arm. Quick release. Can thread a needle with his rocket pass. Looked like Tom Brady against the Giants.

    Cons:

    Quinn: No long ball. Everything long I've seen him throw in the NFL was a quacker.

    Anderson: Rocket arm. Known to throw the ball directly to DB's. Probably has a low self-esteem after the treatment he got this year (I was at the Ravens game and thought the Brady chant was bullshit. DA didn't lose us that game, it was our xxxxing defense and Braylon's stone hands.) Inconsistent.

    So yeah. Those are my thoughts. It just seems that DA's an all or nothing type player. When he's hot, he can't be stopped. Whereas, Quinn's more consistent, but I think his performance last year can best be described as adequate. When it comes down it, I just think that we'd get more W's (and risk more losses) with DA at the helm than with Quinn. I would like to see us take that risk.

    Please keep this civilized.

    Mr. Vapor Trail what you have just said..............

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #57

    What do you mean the Browns gave up 17 sacks? Did I ever say that? I said the Browns had 17 sacks. By saying the Browns had 17 sacks, I mean the defense... yes the Browns defense had 17 sacks total all year. Do you know how many players in the NFL had nearly 17 sacks by themselves? I think our lack of pressure beat us more then DA throwing some speed balls in the back of our Offensive Line heads.

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Lets compare DA's First start in 07 to Quinns first start in 08. Didn't DA rack up a game with the second most offensive points in NFL history?

    Look guys. DA definetely is not Tom Brady, we get it. But don't make him out to be Alex Smith either. He had a good year in 2007, with a terrible defense. In 2008, with the same terrible defense, he had a rough year. He had his #1 WR with a sliced open Ankle, and three games into the season had a bad shoulder and a sliced open Ankle. His supposed #2 guy had the womens curse, and the offensive line did a poor job stopping pressure early in the season and opening up any type of running lanes for our RBs.

    Brady Quinn never won anything in college. He has still yet to complete a deep pass in the NFL, and has proven to be not very durable with getting injured in his first three games.

    I have nothing personal against Brady Quinn, I just don't think he is the QB who is going to lead the Browns to a winning season. I hope I'm wrong, but I was right when i said Big Gay Ben would be a stud, when I said Matt Ryan would be stud, and when everybody was calling Flacco a fluke, i said he was good. I was wrong on Garcia being good in Tampa, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I have my doubts.

    I KNOW Edwards will have another year like 07 if the offense can stay healthy, I just hope whatever QB we have sniffing the farts of Hank Fraley can take advantage of the cockpit we put him in.

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #59

    Comparing first starts is like comparing first at bats in a baseball season. There's a reason Quinn's numbers didn't appear in NFL stats last season, because he didn't have enough attempts to reach statistical significance. Stats 101.

    And not durable? Quinn had no injuries as a 4-year starter at ND and left this year with a broken finger on his throwing hand, which he tried to play through. DA's had a bruised finger, a concussion without being struck in the head, and have we heard a thing about his season ending knee injury? That guy can't seem to play through a hang nail.

    DA had a shot and left ranked last in the league.

    Time to give BQ a shot, meaning something more than 2 days of prep time prior to a start and more than 5 healthy quarters.

    We know it wasn't all DA's fault, but he was the worst ranked player on a terrible offense. Seems pretty straight forward.

  • Lets compare DA's First start in 07 to Quinns first start in 08. Didn't DA rack up a game with the second most offensive points in NFL history?

    Look guys. DA definetely is not Tom Brady, we get it. But don't make him out to be Alex Smith either. He had a good year in 2007, with a terrible defense. In 2008, with the same terrible defense, he had a rough year. He had his #1 WR with a sliced open Ankle, and three games into the season had a bad shoulder and a sliced open Ankle. His supposed #2 guy had the womens curse, and the offensive line did a poor job stopping pressure early in the season and opening up any type of running lanes for our RBs.

    Brady Quinn never won anything in college. He has still yet to complete a deep pass in the NFL, and has proven to be not very durable with getting injured in his first three games.

    I have nothing personal against Brady Quinn, I just don't think he is the QB who is going to lead the Browns to a winning season. I hope I'm wrong, but I was right when i said Big Gay Ben would be a stud, when I said Matt Ryan would be stud, and when everybody was calling Flacco a fluke, i said he was good. I was wrong on Garcia being good in Tampa, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I have my doubts.

    I KNOW Edwards will have another year like 07 if the offense can stay healthy, I just hope whatever QB we have sniffing the farts of Hank Fraley can take advantage of the cockpit we put him in.

    N NebBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @mario said:

    Lets compare DA's First start in 07 to Quinns first start in 08. Didn't DA rack up a game with the second most offensive points in NFL history?

    Look guys. DA definetely is not Tom Brady, we get it. But don't make him out to be Alex Smith either. He had a good year in 2007, with a terrible defense. In 2008, with the same terrible defense, he had a rough year. He had his #1 WR with a sliced open Ankle, and three games into the season had a bad shoulder and a sliced open Ankle. His supposed #2 guy had the womens curse, and the offensive line did a poor job stopping pressure early in the season and opening up any type of running lanes for our RBs.

    Brady Quinn never won anything in college. He has still yet to complete a deep pass in the NFL, and has proven to be not very durable with getting injured in his first three games.

    I have nothing personal against Brady Quinn, I just don't think he is the QB who is going to lead the Browns to a winning season. I hope I'm wrong, but I was right when i said Big Gay Ben would be a stud, when I said Matt Ryan would be stud, and when everybody was calling Flacco a fluke, i said he was good. I was wrong on Garcia being good in Tampa, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I have my doubts.

    I KNOW Edwards will have another year like 07 if the offense can stay healthy, I just hope whatever QB we have sniffing the farts of Hank Fraley can take advantage of the cockpit we put him in.

    If you're going to compare first starts, why not use DA's first start, in 2006? Why pick-and-choose which season you choose DA's first start from? Why not his first start in 2008? Standard DA Lover tactic, manipulate the stats so your boyfriend looks better.

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #61

    OconRecon, you obvisouly missed the Quinn sarcasm.

    Quinn had bad luck w/ an injury.

    DA was the worst ranked, but its not fair to throw him in that category because he is a QB. QB's ratings are effected by everybody else around him, or he can effect everybody else around him. You can't watch the first game against Dallas, or the second game against pittsburgh and look me into the face and tell me the offensive line did not get ate alive by those defenses. Hadnot, Shaffer, Steiny, Fraley and Thomas all got thrown around like children. They couldn't keep the pressure off the QB from the split second the ball was snapped. We saw the same thing throughout the season.

    Quinns last game he kept getting nailed, nailed, and nailed even more because of the Offensive line letting guys just run through. Sure they weren't all sacks, but they don't have to be sacks. Sometimes pressures and hits after the throw can be just as painful, if not more harmful, then a fair game sack.

    The only good game we protected the QB was the NY Giants game. I'm not sure if its because Heiden did a wonderful job putting Justin Tuck on his ass a few times, of if it was the edition of Tucker, but we kept DA clean for the most part, and he played a good game.