Chiefs Get Cassel
-
Zombo said:
Scott Pioli wasn't fooled. He knew exactly what was going on with Brady and with Cassel. In fact, he's the one that franchised Cassel ... then traded for him.
Makes you wonder if this was all worked out in advance.
Zombo
Totally...collusion at its best. He worked it all out before he left NE. Benefits both teams greatly...I think NE also gets compensatory 3rd rounder for Vrabel. Bullshit!
-
Did not know that but if that is indeed so
Why would NE take less than two no 1's.............???? If so, they figured he would not be claimed at that high price so they took what was percieved value and I bet at least one no 1 was involved and a high round pick next year. Again Belichick does another smart move either way
One would assume that NE desingated Cassel non exclusive
They are freeing up cap room.... if I remember right it is something like 16.1 million for one year. Now would you want a guy riding the pine for that kinda ching.
And yeah he is a non exclusive FA
I'm kinda curious on this move myself first it changes the way the draft will play out...... second how good is Cassel?
I don't think he is worth the hype. He was running an offence that went undefeated the prior year and an offence that put up some remarkable numbers. I think if Tom Brady was still the Qb all last season they would have been in the Super bowl..... take a look at there schedule kinda soft for a team that went 16-0 the previous season but that’s how everything rotates from year to year.
And I just overheard that Cassel was only really effective from shotgun.
Well you cant run the offence in shotgun the entire year and be successful. And lets see how well he does when the O-Line is not picking up the blitzes and he starts getting smashed. I'm not to keen on the K.C. roster but who does he have to throw the ball to... and older TE. So you take Randy Moss, Wess Welker out of the equation and you have... A QB with no weapons to throw the ball to, and a suspect O-line and running game.
They are freeing up cap room.... if I remember right it is something like 16.1 million for one year. Now would you want a guy riding the pine for that kinda ching.
And yeah he is a non exclusive FA
I'm kinda curious on this move myself first it changes the way the draft will play out...... second how good is Cassel?
I don't think he is worth the hype. He was running an offence that went undefeated the prior year and an offence that put up some remarkable numbers. I think if Tom Brady was still the Qb all last season they would have been in the Super bowl..... take a look at there schedule kinda soft for a team that went 16-0 the previous season but that’s how everything rotates from year to year.
And I just overheard that Cassel was only really effective from shotgun.
Well you cant run the offence in shotgun the entire year and be successful. And lets see how well he does when the O-Line is not picking up the blitzes and he starts getting smashed. I'm not to keen on the K.C. roster but who does he have to throw the ball to... and older TE. So you take Randy Moss, Wess Welker out of the equation and you have... A QB with no weapons to throw the ball to, and a suspect O-line and running game.
As Next to nothing said it's being reported that a 3rd team is involved and that the Cassel to KC is not definite. As far as the picks are concerned I heard it was a 2nd round and some additional picks next year possibly as well...I also think Mike Vrabel was involved. Either way he wasn't franchised as was pointed out so the two first round picks do not apply.
-
If New England gets Kansas City's first rounder this year do they take Curry?
-
Wow that makes KC a way better team in one day. Vrabel sucks, but to get Cassel with so little, nice move. Hopefully, KC drafts a OT to keep their new QB protected?
-
Wow that makes KC a way better team in one day. Vrabel sucks, but to get Cassel with so little, nice move. Hopefully, KC drafts a OT to keep their new QB protected?
Wow that makes KC a way better team in one day. Vrabel sucks, but to get Cassel with so little, nice move. Hopefully, KC drafts a OT to keep their new QB protected?
Or a shiney new receiver for him to throw to? -
Zombo said:
Scott Pioli wasn't fooled. He knew exactly what was going on with Brady and with Cassel. In fact, he's the one that franchised Cassel ... then traded for him.
Makes you wonder if this was all worked out in advance.
Zombo
Totally...collusion at its best. He worked it all out before he left NE. Benefits both teams greatly...I think NE also gets compensatory 3rd rounder for Vrabel. Bullshit!
-
the reports I'm seeing is that Cassel AND Vrabel went to the Chiefs for a 2nd rounder...
One 2nd rounder both these guys.
-
Wow that makes KC a way better team in one day. Vrabel sucks, but to get Cassel with so little, nice move. Hopefully, KC drafts a OT to keep their new QB protected?
. Hopefully, KC drafts a OT to keep their new QB protected?
I'd be shocked if they did. Their defense was absolutely horrendous. I think it would be almost criminal not to go defense in much of their draft.
If they did go OT it would be for a LT which means the only recourse there would be to move Albert to Guard. But Albert did a very good job for the chiefs at LT. I'd be surprised if they did this as the chiefs have too many other pressing holes to fill
-
I think the price for a franchise player is two number one picks
I think the price for a franchise player is two number one picks
It was a sign and trade, Rich, not a Restricted FA deal. The only compensation is that the Chiefs get Vrabel and Cassel for one second rounder.
-
-
They are freeing up cap room.... if I remember right it is something like 16.1 million for one year. Now would you want a guy riding the pine for that kinda ching.
And yeah he is a non exclusive FA
I'm kinda curious on this move myself first it changes the way the draft will play out...... second how good is Cassel?
I don't think he is worth the hype. He was running an offence that went undefeated the prior year and an offence that put up some remarkable numbers. I think if Tom Brady was still the Qb all last season they would have been in the Super bowl..... take a look at there schedule kinda soft for a team that went 16-0 the previous season but that’s how everything rotates from year to year.
And I just overheard that Cassel was only really effective from shotgun.
Well you cant run the offence in shotgun the entire year and be successful. And lets see how well he does when the O-Line is not picking up the blitzes and he starts getting smashed. I'm not to keen on the K.C. roster but who does he have to throw the ball to... and older TE. So you take Randy Moss, Wess Welker out of the equation and you have... A QB with no weapons to throw the ball to, and a suspect O-line and running game.
As Next to nothing said it's being reported that a 3rd team is involved and that the Cassel to KC is not definite. As far as the picks are concerned I heard it was a 2nd round and some additional picks next year possibly as well...I also think Mike Vrabel was involved. Either way he wasn't franchised as was pointed out so the two first round picks do not apply.
As Next to nothing said it's being reported that a 3rd team is involved and that the Cassel to KC is not definite. As far as the picks are concerned I heard it was a 2nd round and some additional picks next year possibly as well...I also think Mike Vrabel was involved. Either way he wasn't franchised as was pointed out so the two first round picks do not apply.
I should of wrote that he "was or still is" a URFA then, but we allready knew he was. There was a trade so that all goes out the window.
If the deal goes through geting rid of Cassel is none the less opening up "more" cap space.
-
Wow that makes KC a way better team in one day. Vrabel sucks, but to get Cassel with so little, nice move. Hopefully, KC drafts a OT to keep their new QB protected?
Or a shiney new receiver for him to throw to? -
Honestly what guarantees are there that Cassell does well outside of NE? He hadn't started a game since High School up until last season when the Pats put him in the starting line up. He had a formidable offensive line, Randy Moss and Wes Welker and a solid stable of RB especially with Faulk as the 3rd down guy. There are no guarantees he succeeds else where, especially Kansas City. I guess we'll find out. Vrabel was a throw away.
-
Honestly what guarantees are there that Cassell does well outside of NE? He hadn't started a game since High School up until last season when the Pats put him in the starting line up. He had a formidable offensive line, Randy Moss and Wes Welker and a solid stable of RB especially with Faulk as the 3rd down guy. There are no guarantees he succeeds else where, especially Kansas City. I guess we'll find out. Vrabel was a throw away.
-
i personally think it will work out well for both teams involved. the patriots get another pick to rebuild that battered, old defense and the chiefs address their number one concern. both teams benefit from this.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login