Skip to content

A simple deal

The Browns Board
26 12 1.9k
  • Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    oldcow1945 said:

    Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    looks like they did 😕

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    Would rather trade down and get 2 picks and trade anderson for a pick. then you got 3 extra

    picks in first three rounds, rather than just onepick for the #5 and anderson

    nmills said:

    Would rather trade down and get 2 picks and trade anderson for a pick. then you got 3 extra

    picks in first three rounds, rather than just onepick for the #5 and anderson

    I just don't see anyone trading up to #5. Nothing there to get all excited about. Especially to move up and give up extra picks for.

  • Why in the hell would we do this. A player and our pick for 4 spots and an almost assured holdout for what? With all the holes on this team this would just piss me off. We need to add picks, not loose a player (which could add picks or if not is our backup). So what this trade really does, is create another hole (backup QB) to trade up for the deepest position in the draft (admittedly Curry graded way above the rest).

    @smalls1129 said:

    Why in the hell would we do this. A player and our pick for 4 spots and an almost assured holdout for what?

    Do you have info that we do not? How do you know he's a sure holdout?

    I don't look at it as moving up 4 spots. I look at it as moving up by leaps and bounds in potential when compared to what will be available at #5

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    I like it but I doubt they would consider. Plus curry's contract at 5 vs 1 is a big diff.

    AdaM said:

    I like it but I doubt they would consider. Plus curry's contract at 5 vs 1 is a big diff.

    Yeah, it is.

    That is also why I thought Detroit would want to trade down. I think Scwartz is going to want an OT and he can get one at #5 and pay him a lot less.

  • detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

  • detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

    @dj_illness said:

    detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

    I don't think they risk Sanchez or Stafford falling that far unless San Fran signs Warner.

    They also could wait until round three and draft a Nate Davis or wait until round 4 and draft Rhett Bomar. Or wait another year and go after a Qb in Bradford, Tebow or McCoy.

  • how about the browns trade da and their pick to detroit and get the lions 20th overall, the 33rd overall and a 1st/2nd rounder next year? it would save cap space because the browns wouldn't have to pay top 5 money to someone this year and they could probably get maualuga/cushing at 20 and matthes at 33.

  • detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

    @dj_illness said:

    detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

    DA & our 2010 5th rounder for their #20 overall.

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    Would rather trade down and get 2 picks and trade anderson for a pick. then you got 3 extra

    picks in first three rounds, rather than just onepick for the #5 and anderson

    nmills said:

    Would rather trade down and get 2 picks and trade anderson for a pick. then you got 3 extra

    picks in first three rounds, rather than just onepick for the #5 and anderson

    I'm with you on this one.

  • @dj_illness said:

    detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

    DA & our 2010 5th rounder for their #20 overall.

    @oconrecon said:

    DA & our 2010 5th rounder for their #20 overall.

    I like that too. I'd go 4th or 3rd rounder if they'd need a bit more.

  • @dj_illness said:

    detroit has the #20 pick as well (i think)

    would they risk a QB falling that far?

    do we care?

    DA & our 2010 5th rounder for their #20 overall.

    @oconrecon said:

    DA & our 2010 5th rounder for their #20 overall.

    could be possible....but don't we want to "build for the future" and not trade future picks?

  • @smalls1129 said:

    Why in the hell would we do this. A player and our pick for 4 spots and an almost assured holdout for what?

    Do you have info that we do not? How do you know he's a sure holdout?

    I don't look at it as moving up 4 spots. I look at it as moving up by leaps and bounds in potential when compared to what will be available at #5

    oldcow1945 said:

    Do you have info that we do not? How do you know he's a sure holdout?

    I don't look at it as moving up 4 spots. I look at it as moving up by leaps and bounds in potential when compared to what will be available at #5

    Of course I don't know for sure, but go back and look at history, the chances are better than not; no? You can look at it however you want but to trade DA and a #5 pick for Aaron Curry seems to be overvaluing Curry IMO. Not sure how much clearer I can put it, you want to trade a former Pro-Bowl QB, who's 25, and a top 5 pick for an unknown, unproven player. Just don't get how it makes sense. I don't have a value chart, but I would guess we'd be getting hosed here. And creating a hole w/out getting an extra draft pick or anything.

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Do you have info that we do not? How do you know he's a sure holdout?

    I don't look at it as moving up 4 spots. I look at it as moving up by leaps and bounds in potential when compared to what will be available at #5

    Of course I don't know for sure, but go back and look at history, the chances are better than not; no? You can look at it however you want but to trade DA and a #5 pick for Aaron Curry seems to be overvaluing Curry IMO. Not sure how much clearer I can put it, you want to trade a former Pro-Bowl QB, who's 25, and a top 5 pick for an unknown, unproven player. Just don't get how it makes sense. I don't have a value chart, but I would guess we'd be getting hosed here. And creating a hole w/out getting an extra draft pick or anything.

    @smalls1129 said:

    Of course I don't know for sure, but go back and look at history, the chances are better than not; no? You can look at it however you want but to trade DA and a #5 pick for Aaron Curry seems to be overvaluing Curry IMO. Not sure how much clearer I can put it, you want to trade a former Pro-Bowl QB, who's 25, and a top 5 pick for an unknown, unproven player. Just don't get how it makes sense. I don't have a value chart, but I would guess we'd be getting hosed here. And creating a hole w/out getting an extra draft pick or anything.

    Throw that pro bowl stuff out the window. So what? Players like Brad Johnson, Brian Griese, Chris Chnadler and Steve Buerline were back up pro bowlers too. It means nothing. The guy had one good year when the Browns played the easiest schedule in the NFL.

    It's obvious that NFL teams are not knocking down the Browns door to get this guy.

    Talk about over valuing....You are doing it with Anderson.

  • @oconrecon said:

    DA & our 2010 5th rounder for their #20 overall.

    could be possible....but don't we want to "build for the future" and not trade future picks?

    @dj_illness said:

    could be possible....but don't we want to "build for the future" and not trade future picks?

    True, but 2010's 5th rounder is the extra from the Winslow deal. So, no draft hole created.

  • word.

  • Instead of trading up to get the LB that you want, how about we stay put and get the LB that I want? Brian Orakpo...

    -Al

  • Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    oldcow1945 said:

    Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    Unless Detroit thinks Anderson is worth the #10 overall pick, they would laugh Kokinis outta Ford Field.

    If you look at the draft value chart (I'm looking at a 2006 version, but I'm not sure they change that much from year to year) the #1 overall is worth 3,000 points and the #5 overall is worth 1,700 points. That's a difference of 1,300 points, which is what the #10 overall is worth.

    Detroit would be stupid to do this.

    I agree with the others, Cleveland would be stupid to do this as well, even though they would get essentially a 1st round Draft Pick for Anderson. All on paper though since we don't get another pick, but rather trade a pick and a player for a pick.

    Don't like it.

  • Instead of trading up to get the LB that you want, how about we stay put and get the LB that I want? Brian Orakpo...

    -Al

    @geech said:

    Instead of trading up to get the LB that you want, how about we stay put and get the LB that I want? Brian Orakpo...

    -Al

    /agree geech in the end we would be losing on a deal like that and logic says mankok takes orakpo at 5..he seems to miss a lot of tackles and tackles pretty soft but he is really aggressive and fast for his size..if we could find a way to add matthews or rey rey our LB core would be brutal..

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Here is a simple one that you guys can rip apart if you'd like.

    How about a simple swap of Places with Detroit. We send Anderson and our #5 overall for Detroit's #1.

    The Browns then get the LB they want in Curry.

    If the Brown's can't get the 2nd round pick they want for Anderson, You could almost look at this deal as Anderson for Curry.

    Then draft Rhett Bomar in the 4th round.

    Unless Detroit thinks Anderson is worth the #10 overall pick, they would laugh Kokinis outta Ford Field.

    If you look at the draft value chart (I'm looking at a 2006 version, but I'm not sure they change that much from year to year) the #1 overall is worth 3,000 points and the #5 overall is worth 1,700 points. That's a difference of 1,300 points, which is what the #10 overall is worth.

    Detroit would be stupid to do this.

    I agree with the others, Cleveland would be stupid to do this as well, even though they would get essentially a 1st round Draft Pick for Anderson. All on paper though since we don't get another pick, but rather trade a pick and a player for a pick.

    Don't like it.

    @thaak said:

    Unless Detroit thinks Anderson is worth the #10 overall pick, they would laugh Kokinis outta Ford Field.

    If you look at the draft value chart (I'm looking at a 2006 version, but I'm not sure they change that much from year to year) the #1 overall is worth 3,000 points and the #5 overall is worth 1,700 points. That's a difference of 1,300 points, which is what the #10 overall is worth.

    Detroit would be stupid to do this.

    Don't like it.

    But you missed the point. It's not what Anderson is worth. My thought process is Schwartz wanting an OT and knowing he can get one of the two he wants with pick #5 as well as pick #1. In this case your value chart is meaningless. It doesn't equate into this decision at all. Schwartz, and Linehan especially, is going to want to run the ball. Schwartz spoke at length at the combines of the need to be sure with that first pick and the history of OT's taken in the first round being very successful.

    The Lions would not only get the OT they wanted in the first place with the 5th overall pick, they would be paying him a lot less and they'd be getting a QB as well!

    Detroit would be stupid to do this? You have to look at the whole picture before you make that kind of statement.

    You seem to only be able to look at it at face value instead of the whole picture. Charts are worthless when you have to consider contracts and money, team needs, etc.

    Cleveland would be the team taking the bigger chance here.

  • Yikes... you know the money we'd have to pay Curry?

    He isn't superman. Trading DA for Detroit's second round pick would be huge. You'd end up with Orakpo

    AND another player in the top of the second round.