T.O. released
-
T.O. agrees to one-year deal with Bills
The Buffalo Bills and free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens have reached agreement on a one-year contract. There will be a press conference at 6:15 p.m. ET at the teamβs headquarters.
-
my thoughts exactly....never saw that one coming. Maybe one of our guys will crank 'em good when we play them this year.mz. said:
wow -
You know, when I'm looking for a head coach who can handle TO, I immediately think of Dick Jauron

I was planning on giving Jeremy Maclin to Buffalo in my mock draft, but this probably changes that. Linebacker seems to be a more likely choice. DE & TE are two other possibilities.
-
Holy crap, think they'll miss Royal?
That's a nice corps of Evans and Owens.
-
Of all the places I would have thought TO could end up in this is right near the bottom.
-
That's a baffling move for all involved. When I think of TO, I think of a guy who needs, at this point in his career, to latch on to a team that has a shot at winning--kind of like Randy Moss. Do the Bills still have Dick Jauron? Checkmate. And why would the Bills--who have a reasonably young starter--sign a known QB-killer and locker room cancer like Owens? Who is going to put him in his place in the locker room--Trent Edwards? Marshawn Lynch?
Terrible move. The Patriots are a team that might be able to make an Owens deal work for them. Maybe the Giants. That's about it.
Dennis
-
let's hope, since the bills are on our schedule, that the game against them is either in the first two to four, while marshawn lynch is suspended, or in the last four to six, when the team will have completely imploded. if we get them in the middle eight, when there's still a chance that things will go well for them, when it looks like they might have a shot at the playoffs, and when owens is still somewhat in his 'good terrell' mode, they'll likely tear us to shreds. we don't have the secondary to hang with owens and evans.
@ riffer: nice use of 'corps' instead of the phonetic 'core.' it's nice to know there's someone else out there who uses the right one.
-
I find this signing rather Ironic only because when I think of Marv Levy and Dick Jauron..."OLD SCHOOL" comes to mind in general philosophy in how football operations is done and...played...Or Marv is drinking from the same water well as Al Davis...It makes absolutely noooo sense....I just cant see Levy wanting to deal with a head case of Owens' Ilk....
-
I find this signing rather Ironic only because when I think of Marv Levy and Dick Jauron..."OLD SCHOOL" comes to mind in general philosophy in how football operations is done and...played...Or Marv is drinking from the same water well as Al Davis...It makes absolutely noooo sense....I just cant see Levy wanting to deal with a head case of Owens' Ilk....
I find this signing rather Ironic only because when I think of Marv Levy and Dick Jauron..."OLD SCHOOL" comes to mind in general philosophy in how football operations is done and...played...Or Marv is drinking from the same water well as Al Davis...It makes absolutely noooo sense....I just cant see Levy wanting to deal with a head case of Owens' Ilk....
Marv Levy stepped down as GM of the Bills when his 2 year contract expired after the 2007 season.
-Al
-
I wouldn't be surprised if T.O. doesn't even make through training camp with the Bills.
-
let's hope, since the bills are on our schedule, that the game against them is either in the first two to four, while marshawn lynch is suspended, or in the last four to six, when the team will have completely imploded. if we get them in the middle eight, when there's still a chance that things will go well for them, when it looks like they might have a shot at the playoffs, and when owens is still somewhat in his 'good terrell' mode, they'll likely tear us to shreds. we don't have the secondary to hang with owens and evans.
@ riffer: nice use of 'corps' instead of the phonetic 'core.' it's nice to know there's someone else out there who uses the right one.
@ riffer: nice use of 'corps' instead of the phonetic 'core.' it's nice to know there's someone else out there who uses the right one.
lol. I've used "core" many times, thinking it was similar to how one would talk about a team having "a nice core group of young players."
The "right one" makes more sense, but I'll keep using the other one just to piss you off

-
@ riffer: nice use of 'corps' instead of the phonetic 'core.' it's nice to know there's someone else out there who uses the right one.
lol. I've used "core" many times, thinking it was similar to how one would talk about a team having "a nice core group of young players."
The "right one" makes more sense, but I'll keep using the other one just to piss you off

Aloysius said:
lol. I've used "core" many times, thinking it was similar to how one would talk about a team having "a nice core group of young players."The "right one" makes more sense, but I'll keep using the other one just to piss you off

LOL, funny thing is I changed it from core (meaning core players) to corps (meaning a group of players). Ironically, either one would fit in that situation but I wanted to look smarter than the average bear and apparently it worked

-
Aloysius said:
lol. I've used "core" many times, thinking it was similar to how one would talk about a team having "a nice core group of young players."The "right one" makes more sense, but I'll keep using the other one just to piss you off

LOL, funny thing is I changed it from core (meaning core players) to corps (meaning a group of players). Ironically, either one would fit in that situation but I wanted to look smarter than the average bear and apparently it worked

LOL, funny thing is I changed it from core (meaning core players) to corps (meaning a group of players). Ironically, either one would fit in that situation but I wanted to look smarter than the average bear and apparently it worked
both you and alo are quite correct about corps or core being interchangeable and fairly equivalent in this case. corps just appeals to my grammatically elitist sensibilities. i'm a language snob like that.
-
Please God... don't let the market be so weak for this guy that the Steelers are tempted to sign him to some tiny ass 2 year deal... I could see Mike Tomlin getting along with TO and pulling the best out of him...
Please God... don't let the market be so weak for this guy that the Steelers are tempted to sign him to some tiny ass 2 year deal... I could see Mike Tomlin getting along with TO and pulling the best out of him...
The kind of team that would sign TO is a team that thinks they could have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl this year, and is also thin at wide receiver. That description does not fit any of the teams in the AFC North; Baltimore comes closest to the kind of team that would sign TO. Pittsburgh does not sign players who are a pain in the backfield. None of the other teams in the division have any kind of a shot short term and with TO there is no long term, so why would they take him on? TO is now at the age where he may soon have to become a slot receiver. I can't see his ego allowing that, or any team with sense paying him the kind of money he expects, for that role. But I don't know, bad short sighted management is what got this country in the state it's in, and football is not immune. I'm sure someone is stupid enough to sign him; after all, men keep asking Paris Hilton out to dinner, don't they?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login