Skip to content

Who is Allen Patrick?

The Browns Board
34 12 2.7k
  • Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

    John McClane said:

    Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

    because Romeo was mad at Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

  • John McClane said:

    Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

    because Romeo was mad at Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

    nmills said:

    because Romeo was mad a Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

    I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

  • nmills said:

    because Romeo was mad a Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

    I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

    John McClane said:

    I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

    Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

  • John McClane said:

    I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

    Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

    nmills said:

    Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 5th

    All i'm saying is that I want to see what we have in Patrick. Even though Harrison has durability issues, I still would like to see him get more touches. Your right I think we can hold off until the fifth for a RB to add depth. I would not take one high considering that next year there will be some good backs in the draft.

  • John McClane said:

    Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

    because Romeo was mad at Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

    nmills said:

    because Romeo was mad at Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

    I can't see that being the reason at all. Romeo while he is not my favorite coach I feel he was still a competitor and would not tank a game or games to piss someone off. I don't care who you are if you are a coach you are going to put the best players that you think you have on the field to win.

    No one is going to risk their job to do something like this, especially a first time HC.

  • Don't know much about him, and there is hardly any info on him, but I found this tidbit of info on him

    Before Allen Patrick transferred to Oklahoma. Allen Patrick played for Independence Community College in Independence, Kansas. Allen Patrick played as a safety, before switching over to offense while he is at Oklahoma.

  • Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

    John McClane said:

    Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

    He was a great player at OK.....his problem is he was behind Peterson until his senior year, which he played well.....I have mentioned him a few times....I think he can be a player.

    He was on the PC most of last season and activated for maybe the last game of the season.

  • A penalty on the play, but it gives you an idea of what the kid can bring.

  • Yeah that was as beautiful spin move going down the sidelines.

  • I remember when we brought him in...I thought it was a solid move. He has the size and speed plus came from a legit school (once Peterson finally got out of the way for him). He is the perfect type of guy to try and coach up. We'll see I guess...

  • The boy has good hips and can make people misssss without having to spin, but how many RB's do you see using spin moves these days? so many are to big and tight to be able to pull it off without being tackled.

  • After reading this post & looking at that short video, I also have to wonder why we haven't seen this kid. Do we have a "diamond in the rough" getting splinters & growing cobwebs? I agree that before spending draft picks on backs that we need to see what this young man can do.

    Mike

  • John McClane said:

    I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

    Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

    nmills said:

    Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

    What makes you think Harrison has durability issues? He hasn't played enough to indicate what his issues may be. Sort of like guys saying Sproles was too small and would have durability issues.

    How many games did either miss last year?

    If you are sure that these guys and this position will be a problem, why would you wait until the 4th round and take a gamble on a unknown? There's a reason players are still available in the 4th round.

  • I think RB is a position that is tough to evaluate in regards to actual game day output. Those guys need to get out there in a real game situation to see what they can do. Sadly that is such a risk that not many guys get a chance and stay buried on a depth chart or practice squad.

    Back to Allen Patrick.

    He was a seventh round pick from Baltimore last year. Here are his Oklahoma stats...

    YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG

    2005 25 136 5.4 28 2 4 8 2.0

    2006 170 766 4.5 65 4 0 0 0.0

    2007 173 1009 5.8 69 8 10 56 5.6

    He shows that he improved year to year once he was given a true starting spot (AP left for the draft). "Diamond in the rough" is a hard thing to find. I'm not sure I'd suggest that but instead point out his potential and possible upside.

  • I think RB is a position that is tough to evaluate in regards to actual game day output. Those guys need to get out there in a real game situation to see what they can do. Sadly that is such a risk that not many guys get a chance and stay buried on a depth chart or practice squad.

    Back to Allen Patrick.

    He was a seventh round pick from Baltimore last year. Here are his Oklahoma stats...

    YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG

    2005 25 136 5.4 28 2 4 8 2.0

    2006 170 766 4.5 65 4 0 0 0.0

    2007 173 1009 5.8 69 8 10 56 5.6

    He shows that he improved year to year once he was given a true starting spot (AP left for the draft). "Diamond in the rough" is a hard thing to find. I'm not sure I'd suggest that but instead point out his potential and possible upside.

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    I think RB is a position that is tough to evaluate in regards to actual game day output. Those guys need to get out there in a real game situation to see what they can do. Sadly that is such a risk that not many guys get a chance and stay buried on a depth chart or practice squad.

    He was a seventh round pick from Baltimore last year.

    YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG

    2005 25 136 5.4 28 2 4 8 2.0

    2006 170 766 4.5 65 4 0 0 0.0

    2007 173 1009 5.8 69 8 10 56 5.6

    He shows that he improved year to year once he was given a true starting spot. "diamond in the rough" is a hard thing to find. I'm not sure I'd suggest that but instead point out his potential and possible upside.

    who are you talking about??

  • @onefellswoop7 said:

    I think RB is a position that is tough to evaluate in regards to actual game day output. Those guys need to get out there in a real game situation to see what they can do. Sadly that is such a risk that not many guys get a chance and stay buried on a depth chart or practice squad.

    He was a seventh round pick from Baltimore last year.

    YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG

    2005 25 136 5.4 28 2 4 8 2.0

    2006 170 766 4.5 65 4 0 0 0.0

    2007 173 1009 5.8 69 8 10 56 5.6

    He shows that he improved year to year once he was given a true starting spot. "diamond in the rough" is a hard thing to find. I'm not sure I'd suggest that but instead point out his potential and possible upside.

    who are you talking about??

    AdaM said:

    who are you talking about??

    The title of the topic is "who is Allen Patrick?"

    So I'll give you a hint...it isn't Lee Suggs.

  • AdaM said:

    who are you talking about??

    The title of the topic is "who is Allen Patrick?"

    So I'll give you a hint...it isn't Lee Suggs.

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    The title of the topic is "who is Allen Patrick?"

    So I'll give you a hint...it isn't Lee Suggs.

    The way you worded your post it looked like you were posting NFL stats from Baltimore.

    Hope we get to see his stuff in preseason.

  • nmills said:

    Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

    What makes you think Harrison has durability issues? He hasn't played enough to indicate what his issues may be. Sort of like guys saying Sproles was too small and would have durability issues.

    How many games did either miss last year?

    If you are sure that these guys and this position will be a problem, why would you wait until the 4th round and take a gamble on a unknown? There's a reason players are still available in the 4th round.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    What makes you think Harrison has durability issues? He hasn't played enough to indicate what his issues may be. Sort of like guys saying Sproles was too small and would have durability issues.

    How many games did either miss last year?

    If you are sure that these guys and this position will be a problem, why would you wait until the 4th round and take a gamble on a unknown? There's a reason players are still available in the 4th round.

    I think Harrison only missed one game last year, but he was injured for like the last 4-5 games thats why he only got 1 or 2 carries in each of those games, considering he had around 35 carries last year and was injured toward the end of the season would be my answer to why I think he as durability issues. As for why I wouldnt draft one until the 4th is because I dont beleive we need to draft a starting running back this year we just need a devlopemental or depth guy. We have to many holes to fill, honestly I'd rather not draft a RB anywhere in the draft, I'd get Gary Russel, Chris Taylor or Desean Foster in free agency

  • @onefellswoop7 said:

    The title of the topic is "who is Allen Patrick?"

    So I'll give you a hint...it isn't Lee Suggs.

    The way you worded your post it looked like you were posting NFL stats from Baltimore.

    Hope we get to see his stuff in preseason.

    AdaM said:

    The way you worded your post it looked like you were posting NFL stats from Baltimore.

    Hope we get to see his stuff in preseason.

    I see what you mean. I'll make a quick adjustment.

    Thanks!

  • AdaM said:

    The way you worded your post it looked like you were posting NFL stats from Baltimore.

    Hope we get to see his stuff in preseason.

    I see what you mean. I'll make a quick adjustment.

    Thanks!

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    I see what you mean. I'll make a quick adjustment.

    Thanks!

    One thing I noticed is he's never fumbled. Thats always a good sign.