Skip to content

PERSONAL ATTACKS, FEELINGS ETC.

The Browns Board
52 25 3.8k
  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @inspecta said:

    Also funny that this thread was started somebody who's entire signature is one gigantic jab at another poster....

    I guess Lums doesn't count.....and he shouldn't cause he's not a Browns fan, but still ironic nonetheless.

    I didn't realize this was a problem lately, I really haven't seen much of it, but as long as there are message boards in the world there will be flame wars.

    Oh come on dude you chase Lums around this board like nobodies business. I figured this type of responses and so did Stan. Just like DTBH above, he just proved my point. He's on another thread calling guys names.

    Gotta love the internet tough guys like Jaqueer out there.

    Nobody is asking for saint hood here, just a little clean up before it gets out of hand. You, of all people know how quickly things can get out of hand.

  • @riffer-x said:

    If you hate OSU, fine, but don't infer that everybody on the board that is an OSU fan is a blindly loyal meathead that thinks the Big Ten and Jim Tressel can do no wrong. Anymore around here Buckeye fans are being treated like friggin outsiders who are a bunch of morons. I have barely seen any posts of Buckeye fans here doing what guys are claiming they are doing. Enough with the stupid stereotyping. You may know guys outside of this board who are clueless but being all inclusive is offensive to the real Buckeye fans here. The only blind stereotyping should be directed toward our friends in Western PA, and the more bitter the better.

    It's funny how ironically, this paragraph reeks of blind OSU loyalty while it claims that sort of thing doesn't exist at the same time. Ever since the SEC has started whipping the shit out of the Buckeyes in Bowl games years ago, the Buckeye fan base has done NOTHING but grown bitter. Forgive the realistic Buckeye fans for seeing reality and not living in denial, and actually evaluating Buckeye players/talent with clear glasses.

    The OSU bitterness towards ESPN, well basically everyone outside of Tressel's reign, is worse than that of Rush Limbaugh towards the left.

    "OSU can do no wrong" should go in about 5 or 6 of you guys' signatures.

    All you did was make a thread saying "you can't call us blindly loyal OSU fans blindly loyal OSU fans."

    OSU - Fags.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dtbh said:

    It's funny how ironically, this paragraph reeks of blind OSU loyalty while it claims that sort of thing doesn't exist at the same time. Ever since the SEC has started whipping the shit out of the Buckeyes in Bowl games years ago, the Buckeye fan base has done NOTHING but grown bitter. Forgive the realistic Buckeye fans for seeing reality and not living in denial, and actually evaluating Buckeye players/talent with clear glasses.

    The OSU bitterness towards ESPN, well basically everyone outside of Tressel's reign, is worse than that of Rush Limbaugh towards the left.

    "OSU can do no wrong" should go in about 5 or 6 of you guys' signatures.

    All you did was make a thread saying "you can't call us blindly loyal OSU fans blindly loyal OSU fans."

    OSU - Fags.

    Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Sometimes there is just so much you can do with people . There is a wall I think .

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Zombo said:

    LMFAO

    Hey, isn't this supposed to be in the RAC 'n ROLLS forum?

    Albert Morris slayed this song.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by JewDago
    #11

    does this mean i need to change my SN? and possibly my avatar?

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #12

    TheJokersWILD said:

    Just wanted to say HI and that I am easy to get along with so I don't think I will have any problems with anybody on the board.jk.JPG

    Have you seen that Batman movie The Dark Knight yet?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    He's the Joker my man, the joker.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @inspecta said:

    You guys anticipated my exact response or just us pointing out your sig?

    Either way this thread is pretty gay.

    Who's feelings are getting hurt here? I'm just curious who ran to the mods/stan crying about this?

    Also it's pretty funny that Rich's posts/threads get deleted on sight even if they aren't inflammatory but based soley on who he is and his history here. Why don't you guys try moderating this place with a little consistency then come back to us on your high horse telling us to behave...

    Sounds good.

    We'll get thing turned around just for you and Rich bud.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @inspecta said:

    Also funny that this thread was started somebody who's entire signature is one gigantic jab at another poster....

    Tell you what, the first time I saw that signature soda came flying out my nose. It wasn't JUST another poster so I refer to this phenomenon as Style Points! You DO know and understand that all etiquette goes out the window when it's time to bust Loverboy's balls about his he-be-ge-be fondness for DA. Riff isn't doing anything that you, me or anyone else hasn't done when Loverboy described his powertool for DA.

    All that said, Riff's addressing BROWNS fans so Lummy doesn't apply to this. A subject like DWI/DUI can mean different things to different people so I understand where Riff is coming from. That doesn't mean I'm a role model for good behavior or nice-nice - I'm just sayin...

    Can we just keep religion or Jesus out of football threads? If I wanted to bring in Jesus to put an end to a LONG topic - don't you think I could have asked every Derek Anderson fan what QB Jesus chose to throw TD passes under his shadow at Notre Dame during BCS caliber football? I didn't so the entire student body in the Upper Pacific Northwest can exhale.

    - Tom F.

  • @dtbh said:

    It's funny how ironically, this paragraph reeks of blind OSU loyalty while it claims that sort of thing doesn't exist at the same time. Ever since the SEC has started whipping the shit out of the Buckeyes in Bowl games years ago, the Buckeye fan base has done NOTHING but grown bitter. Forgive the realistic Buckeye fans for seeing reality and not living in denial, and actually evaluating Buckeye players/talent with clear glasses.

    The OSU bitterness towards ESPN, well basically everyone outside of Tressel's reign, is worse than that of Rush Limbaugh towards the left.

    "OSU can do no wrong" should go in about 5 or 6 of you guys' signatures.

    All you did was make a thread saying "you can't call us blindly loyal OSU fans blindly loyal OSU fans."

    OSU - Fags.

    Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.

    DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by DTBH
    #16

    @riffer-x said:

    Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.

    I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.

    I called Laurenitis as what I see him as... a sluggish player. And I called the Big Ten what I see it as... a slow conference. That's not name-calling.

    If you think it is, you've got a lot to learn about name-calling.

    I'm sorry that the truths about OSU and JL get all the little OSU cheerleaders panties in a bunch so much so that they had to go make an entire thread about it.(That's name-calling.)

  • @riffer-x said:

    Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.

    I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.

    I called Laurenitis as what I see him as... a sluggish player. And I called the Big Ten what I see it as... a slow conference. That's not name-calling.

    If you think it is, you've got a lot to learn about name-calling.

    I'm sorry that the truths about OSU and JL get all the little OSU cheerleaders panties in a bunch so much so that they had to go make an entire thread about it.(That's name-calling.)

    NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dtbh said:

    I'm sorry that the truths about OSU and JL get all the little OSU cheerleaders panties in a bunch so much so that they had to go make an entire thread about it.(That's name-calling.)

    Your Truths 🙄

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @inspecta said:

    I figured you'd come back with some snide response.

    Listen, just answer this for me.

    For about a week now Rich has been posting a thread about Shaun Rogers and why or why not we should release him. THe last thread had quite a few responses and no flaming whatsoever other than from ytown. There were even a few people who agreed with him, and yet that thread was deleted for no reason other than who RIch is.

    Now Rich is banned for some reason, again no explanation or anything. Now you guys certainly aren't required to explain your actions, but don't pin a thread up to the top talking about respecting others when you don't respect the people who post here. Now I realize that Rich has been a huge asshole at times, but he's also shared a lot of good football with us as well.

    I'm sure you're going to come back with another snide comment about how Rich and I are buds and the such, but it really has nothing to do with him, other people's threads/posts go bye bye with no explanation as to why when they have absolutely no flaming in them whatsoever.

    I said it in another thread and it bears repeating here, good message boards very rarely delete threads, if a thread is deemed inappropriate it is locked with a note from the moderator who locked it as to why they locked it.

    Here we have a group of mods who delete behind a curtain with no accountability for their actions, even stan made mention of how you guys basically propped him up as the fall guy for all the unpopular deletions of threads/posts.

    And in reality I could care less how it's run, however like I said when you pin a thread to the top of the board asking everybody to respect each other when none is shown to us I just have to laugh.

    You want to ask questions feel free to give me a PM, preferably not a Rich email calling me an asshole for the millionth time. This thread is not going to be turned into another fooking da ich thread.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #19

    OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

    I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

  • admin 0A admin 0 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @inspecta said:

    Here we have a group of mods who delete behind a curtain with no accountability for their actions, even stan made mention of how you guys basically propped him up as the fall guy for all the unpopular deletions of threads/posts.

    Inspecta,

    Me having to come in and explain why once again Rich has found himself on the wrong side of the moderation is actually silly, but I'll play along.

    I suspended Rich. I suspended him until I can figure out how to hold his posts in a moderation que until I can get around to approving them for public. It may be 24hrs, it may be a week, it may be a very long time ... I'm in no rush.

    I don't personally police this site as much as I probably should. I take time off in most off-seasons and respect the hell out of friends who serve as moderators on their own voluntary time during my absence as well as stand shoulder-to-shoulder with me when I do feel like participating in the forum for my own personal enjoyment.

    I take into account for over-zealous moderators. I'm pretty soft at moving to a point of suspending anyone. But when I do visit the forum after being absent, I look through the Admin controls and logs to get a feel for how much moderation is/was needed. When I see a member like Rich4eagle have so many warning marks that they no longer register because he is maxed out, I raise an eye brow. When I see that those warnings came from at least four different moderators and not just one over-zealous one ... I start to draw interest. When I observe the forum for just a short stint and see that same member spouting off about moderation, I then know it is time to silence the jackass because warning just don't do. When I see the name on the account as a ten-year repeat offender, I shake my head and think of what a douch-bag I am for "consistiently" allowing the mutant to even waste all of our time.

    I don't give a rat-ass how much football speak he or you claim he brings to this forum, it ain't worth the volunteers time who care enough to assist in the creation and exsistance of this forum.

    This is the best group of moderators this place has ever seen. We are primed for a great season in 2009-2010, hope you all enjoy.

  • OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

    I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #21

    mz. said:

    OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

    I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

    Good on ya mz the pussy.

    Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.

  • mz. said:

    OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

    I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

    Good on ya mz the pussy.

    Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @riffer-x said:

    Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.

    The Political Forum is another beast altogether, though I must say it is moderated beautifully by great dudes. It just gets ugly by nature, and I get that, but some people need to know that attacking someone's family members isn't something MEN do.

    Plus, like my wife would even look at that scumbag. 😉

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I hope not much more needs to be said after Zombo's post. He nailed it.

  • admin 0A admin 0 wrote on last edited by admin 0
    #24

    Inspecta,

    We are leaning toward a measure where we hold a violators post in a holding que until we can review it, approve it, and make it public. That way, we could double-check the history of the feud between the offender and moderator.

    However, I will say that we really don't have the time and/or resources for this and so as a second measure we are checking with Kindercare to see if they a special program we can adopt.

  • OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

    I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

    SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #25

    mz. said:

    That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc.

    Pets???? Dammit, I was just about ready to make a snide remark about Dan in Florida's cat.

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
    #26

    Riffer .. I like that you say to respect each other while you insult half the people on the board. You begin with people of religious views calling saying it is "self righteous bullshit". Way to be respectful. However I do realize this is a direct attack on me because I am unashamed to say I am a Christian. Trust me there are many more on this board.. Then you insult the buckeye fans as "blindly loyal meatheads" . ....Then you say it's ok to insult people from western Pa. I guess steeler fans are not worthy of your respect. Your icon is a direct insult to Lums... you go after him constantly.... Then you threaten people with being banned if they disrespect others... the whole while you are insulting half the people on the board.. NICE WORK. .. ........ (Lecture # 1,788)