Skip to content

Browns looking to move up to 5th

Locked The Browns Board
66 29 2.7k
  • i'm sure there are phone calls being made to every GM who holds a top ten pick.

    more pre-draft bullshit.

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm sure there are phone calls being made to every GM who holds a top ten pick.

    more pre-draft bullshit.

    I agree. A lot of BS in the wind now.

  • Browns learn nothing if they really do this. Make other people trade up.

  • there are going to be so many smoke screen stories, calls being made and trade up/down rumors between now and thurs at 8pm it will make your head spin.

  • Hell no!

  • We'll see!

    Mike

  • If it wasn't expensive, I'd trade up to make sure the Browns got Shelton.

    But both 1st round picks this year?

    No.

  • Browns trade Manziel, 12 and a second for #5 and RG3.

    Either Fowler, Cooper or Williams will have to be available. They take one of those at 5, then pick between Parker, Shelton, and Harold at 19 (hopefully).

    Thats the only way I could see this making any sense. Any other scenario and we don't come out even with Washington, much less on top.

  • We talk to #2 Tenn. We talk to #4 Oak. We talk to #5 Skins all before #6 Jets to where Mariota is suppose to Land. Good Grief Charlie Brown..

  • Silly season. I believe nothing leading up to the draft.

  • Honestly, if we don't get Mariota I'm going to be rather disappointed bc I believe he's the guy the Browns want

  • Farmer has said numerous times that he(they) talk to all the teams to do their due diligence and see where the deals may be....

    Most likely that all these calls(right now) are just routine stuff that GM's do and him laying the ground work for future "what ifs?".....

  • I think you could find a story from some spurious sports website claiming that the Browns are talking witg every team from 11 all the way to number one.

    (and all the smoke from the front office whether it be we love Johnny now or ain't no way we're taking no receiver No sir ee, are just as likely to be bullshit as anything else, so some Nostradamus will guess right and we'll have to listen to the pompous asshole sing the pimp song all year long. 😁. )

    WSS

  • Here's the old trade draft chart showing what you have to give in points to get in points.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

  • I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.

  • I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.

    like December 23rd to little kids.

    πŸ™‚

    WSS

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.

    like December 23rd to little kids.

    πŸ™‚

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    like December 23rd to little kids.

    πŸ™‚

    WSS

    The worst part is I'll be on a plane from about 8:30-10:30-forunately with wifi I can see the pick if the Browns are in that timeframe. Just a heads up if you hear a news story about an irate Browns fan being hauled of a plane, that's me haha.

  • I guess I don't understand why you would even bother calling teams to see what they want for their pick. Nobody has any idea who is going to what team, and that would make a world of difference.

    So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.

  • I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.

    Really, the draft should have been held in like Mid April, like it always had been before.

  • I guess I don't understand why you would even bother calling teams to see what they want for their pick. Nobody has any idea who is going to what team, and that would make a world of difference.

    So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.

    @hx214 said:

    So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.

    I doubt that any names are being inserted......I think its more likely him saying "Hey, depending on what happens, are you guys looking to move back?.....if so, what would you take for the pick?".....

    No ones showing their cards....but they all are laying the ground work for plan A, B C and D......(well, at least the smart ones)

  • @hx214 said:

    So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.

    I doubt that any names are being inserted......I think its more likely him saying "Hey, depending on what happens, are you guys looking to move back?.....if so, what would you take for the pick?".....

    No ones showing their cards....but they all are laying the ground work for plan A, B C and D......(well, at least the smart ones)

    @mudfly said:

    I doubt that any names are being inserted......I think its more likely him saying "Hey, depending on what happens, are you guys looking to move back?.....if so, what would you take for the pick?".....

    No ones showing their cards....but they all are laying the ground work for plan A, B C and D......(well, at least the smart ones)

    I get checking in and doing some recon, but my thing is, how in the world would any team know what they want for their pick today? The market will set the price 20 mins before they make the pick depending on who is on the board. Just seems like a waste of time to call anybody.