Browns looking to move up to 5th
-
We'll see!
Mike
-
If it wasn't expensive, I'd trade up to make sure the Browns got Shelton.
But both 1st round picks this year?
No.
-
Browns trade Manziel, 12 and a second for #5 and RG3.
Either Fowler, Cooper or Williams will have to be available. They take one of those at 5, then pick between Parker, Shelton, and Harold at 19 (hopefully).
Thats the only way I could see this making any sense. Any other scenario and we don't come out even with Washington, much less on top.
-
Silly season. I believe nothing leading up to the draft.
-
Honestly, if we don't get Mariota I'm going to be rather disappointed bc I believe he's the guy the Browns want
-
Farmer has said numerous times that he(they) talk to all the teams to do their due diligence and see where the deals may be....
Most likely that all these calls(right now) are just routine stuff that GM's do and him laying the ground work for future "what ifs?".....
-
I think you could find a story from some spurious sports website claiming that the Browns are talking witg every team from 11 all the way to number one.
(and all the smoke from the front office whether it be we love Johnny now or ain't no way we're taking no receiver No sir ee, are just as likely to be bullshit as anything else, so some Nostradamus will guess right and we'll have to listen to the pompous asshole sing the pimp song all year long.
. )WSS
-
Here's the old trade draft chart showing what you have to give in points to get in points.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/
-
I still can't believe we're two days away from the draft.
-
-
like December 23rd to little kids.

WSS
The worst part is I'll be on a plane from about 8:30-10:30-forunately with wifi I can see the pick if the Browns are in that timeframe. Just a heads up if you hear a news story about an irate Browns fan being hauled of a plane, that's me haha.
-
I guess I don't understand why you would even bother calling teams to see what they want for their pick. Nobody has any idea who is going to what team, and that would make a world of difference.
So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.
-
-
I guess I don't understand why you would even bother calling teams to see what they want for their pick. Nobody has any idea who is going to what team, and that would make a world of difference.
So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.
So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.
I doubt that any names are being inserted......I think its more likely him saying "Hey, depending on what happens, are you guys looking to move back?.....if so, what would you take for the pick?".....
No ones showing their cards....but they all are laying the ground work for plan A, B C and D......(well, at least the smart ones)
-
So Farmer calls Washington and says, "Hey, on Thursday if insert player name (Mariota, Shelton, Cooper) is still on the board at number 5, what do you want for the pick??" If a GM called another GM and said that, they should be fired on the spot.
I doubt that any names are being inserted......I think its more likely him saying "Hey, depending on what happens, are you guys looking to move back?.....if so, what would you take for the pick?".....
No ones showing their cards....but they all are laying the ground work for plan A, B C and D......(well, at least the smart ones)
I doubt that any names are being inserted......I think its more likely him saying "Hey, depending on what happens, are you guys looking to move back?.....if so, what would you take for the pick?".....
No ones showing their cards....but they all are laying the ground work for plan A, B C and D......(well, at least the smart ones)
I get checking in and doing some recon, but my thing is, how in the world would any team know what they want for their pick today? The market will set the price 20 mins before they make the pick depending on who is on the board. Just seems like a waste of time to call anybody.
-
well, I guess without overly debating it.....you need to know who's gonna be a willing participant and who is not even interested....
Once the clock starts, do you have time to start making 10 separate calls?.....again, no ones making deals or talking specifics....just generalities and who's game and who's not.....making friends, so to speak....
-
Ballpark value assessment...
Early mating dance ritual...
Excuse to call...
Take your pick.
NFL GMs are an exclusive club. They chat. They try to pick up reads. They try to misdirect.
And as are we... they are ready for Thursday night.
Ballpark value assessment...
Early mating dance ritual...
Excuse to call...
Take your pick.
NFL GMs are an exclusive club. They chat. They try to pick up reads. They try to misdirect.
And as are we... they are ready for Thursday night.
I hope Ray Farmer gets to call someone a "pancake eating motherfucker" on draft night.
-
If it wasn't expensive, I'd trade up to make sure the Browns got Shelton.
But both 1st round picks this year?
No.
If it wasn't expensive, I'd trade up to make sure the Browns got Shelton.
But both 1st round picks this year?
No.
They had better not trade away both first round picks. Farmer has a history of stockpiling picks, not trading them away. The only conceivable way we want Washington's pick is if MM isn't taken by the Titans- or some other team trading up, and he falls that far. (Unlikely) . Even so, the Jets sitting at #6 can offer a much more attractive package- like their #6 overall- drop one spot- and a second or third rounder.
Honestly, if we don't get Mariota I'm going to be rather disappointed bc I believe he's the guy the Browns want
Please, they may want Mariota- but IMHO the asking price is going to be way too high. Dealing with the Titans, it's going to be both firsts this year, plus a first next year. Shades of RG III- barf.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login