Skip to content

Official 2015 Draft: Day One Thread

The Browns Board
169 34 7.1k
  • dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Cameron Erving. I love this pick. We might be on to something.

  • @opal312 said:

    La'el Collins,would be my pick if he's not involved in a murder.

    I heard he might be pulling out of this draft while his case is pending. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @dawg2fan said:

    I heard he might be pulling out of this draft while his case is pending. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

    He can't.

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    not bad for the first day. the picks made sense, didn't have to reach for anything, didn't draft mariota, all in all pretty good draft.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Erving won't have to play center yet but with Mack's health and contract status seems like a smart pick

  • @dawg2fan said:

    I heard he might be pulling out of this draft while his case is pending. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

    He can't.

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He can't.

    I would wonder why we havent heard from him yet though. He is not even on Mel Kipers draft and he was projected to be in the top 20.

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #96

    Not sure if thet woulda been my choice but i think its a really smart pick. I can dig it.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Well... that was a let down...

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #98

    Sorry, spelling was off again on Eriving.

    Ranked @16, and with our C situation a worthwhile pick.

    Likely we're done for the night.

    Thoughts so far on this year Draft vs last years ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #99

    Erving is a future pick.

    Basically, Farmer just served notice that if we have a lineman go down, our running game and season won't be going with it.

    edit: It could have been MUCH worse... ie; Perrimen. I was on board for a pass rusher, but whatevs. Pass rusher and WR will be day 2 picks.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by

    It was a great pick! Erving and Shelton! Two big bodies! One on defense and the other on the line. This helps us out especially for next year. Damn good picks.

  • B BrownieMan wrote on last edited by

    Damn that hurts.

    No WR....

    Bad grades here and I agree:

    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He can't.

    I would wonder why we havent heard from him yet though. He is not even on Mel Kipers draft and he was projected to be in the top 20.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @dawg2fan said:

    I would wonder why we havent heard from him yet though. He is not even on Mel Kipers draft and he was projected to be in the top 20.

    Once the news broke, he became a consensus mid-round pick.

    He's still on the top 10 by position list.

  • It was a great pick! Erving and Shelton! Two big bodies! One on defense and the other on the line. This helps us out especially for next year. Damn good picks.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by

    @opal312 said:

    It was a great pick! Erving and Shelton! Two big bodies! One on defense and the other on the line. This helps us out especially for next year. Damn good picks.

    Coincides with my initial picks several weeks back - position wise, but not necessarily Player wise.

    Have to consider this one for a while . . . not bad, but still undecided.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by

    I'm betting the Browns wanted La'el Collins but couldn't risk it so went with the best player. Erving is a great pick. No player should hold a team hostage like Mack did last year then ended up with a broken leg. The next player will be a wide receiver or a tight end.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Big Ced!!! I hate you now.

  • Erving won't have to play center yet but with Mack's health and contract status seems like a smart pick

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Erving won't have to play center yet but with Mack's health and contract status seems like a smart pick

    I'm not one who likes making picks for next year unless it's a QB situation, and we haven't been in that kind of situation for a long long time. He needs to play somewhere this year, and were is that going to be. I honestly would only agree with this pick if we had someone lined up to trade for Mack. If we can get into the back end of the first round or early second by trading Mack, then great, perfect pick.

  • Wow on the KC pick . . .

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @jafbf said:

    Wow on the KC pick . . .

    Risky bidness...

    @jafbf said:

    Irving, C ?

    Yeah, I guess I can kind of understand that with the Mack Contract situation.

    Ditto... but I think there were far better options for the pick and to deepen our O-line...

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by

    Erving looks like a mauler interior guy, his highlights that i saw kinda reminded me of the first highlights i seen of Bito. Could challenge immediately at RG and if Mack opts out at the end of the season he can take over at center. Both are solid smart picks that upgraded the depth chart IMO. I give them a solid B for the 1st round.

  • I'm betting the Browns wanted La'el Collins but couldn't risk it so went with the best player. Erving is a great pick. No player should hold a team hostage like Mack did last year then ended up with a broken leg. The next player will be a wide receiver or a tight end.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @opal312 said:

    I'm betting the Browns wanted La'el Collins but couldn't risk it so went with the best player. Erving is a great pick. No player should hold a team hostage like Mack did last year then ended up with a broken leg. The next player will be a wide receiver or a tight end.

    Why the fuck would we have wanted Collins, a one-position player?

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by

    Mack is coming off of a broken leg, time will tell if he's playing at the same level this year. If Mack starts at center Erving has the versatility to switch to right guard, if Mack goes down again or gets traded Erving goes back to playing center. I like this pick, I can see Erving and Shelton both being solid starters this coming season.