Official 2015 Draft: Day One Thread
-
Erving looks like a mauler interior guy, his highlights that i saw kinda reminded me of the first highlights i seen of Bito. Could challenge immediately at RG and if Mack opts out at the end of the season he can take over at center. Both are solid smart picks that upgraded the depth chart IMO. I give them a solid B for the 1st round.
-
I'm betting the Browns wanted La'el Collins but couldn't risk it so went with the best player. Erving is a great pick. No player should hold a team hostage like Mack did last year then ended up with a broken leg. The next player will be a wide receiver or a tight end.
I'm betting the Browns wanted La'el Collins but couldn't risk it so went with the best player. Erving is a great pick. No player should hold a team hostage like Mack did last year then ended up with a broken leg. The next player will be a wide receiver or a tight end.
Why the fuck would we have wanted Collins, a one-position player?
-
Mack is coming off of a broken leg, time will tell if he's playing at the same level this year. If Mack starts at center Erving has the versatility to switch to right guard, if Mack goes down again or gets traded Erving goes back to playing center. I like this pick, I can see Erving and Shelton both being solid starters this coming season.
-
Steelers took Dupree. Out fucking standing
-
I guess in the end our risk tolerance was just too low to take Ray.
But fuck a duck him opposite Von Miller.... good Lord...
-
It wasn't defense, but at least they shored up the O line. Good first round.
-
And Demarcus Ware. I don't really understand loading up on guys that are so similar.
Ware is in the twilight of his career and that pass rush looked like shit in the playoffs. That's why they loaded up.
-
I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.
But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.
-
I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.
But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.
But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.
In a heartbeat...
-
I'm fine with that draft.
WSS
-
-
I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.
But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.
I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.
But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.
The way they play now, aren't too far off. Plus with their current use of Miller, they only have to sub out one lineman or one backer to show anything from a 33 to a 42 look. Besides, plenty of quality bigs to have in the 2nd round. Brown, Bennett, Davis and Goldman.
-
This will be the 2 one in their past 3 they fucked uo on.
I'm tired of reading this and its posted by some on my own board. Jarvis Jones can't be labeled as anything yet. He was a rookie in a complex defense and then he lost almost his entire sophomore season to a wrist injury. Dupree was drafted to play opposite him when Harrison retires. He's a freak athlete. I don't love the pick BUT the only pick I would have loved was Marcus Peters.
-
Another example of strengthening your strengths rather than addressing your weaknesses: Colts getting ANOTHER receiver. Makes no sense.
And taking the combine star from practically D2 over Jalen Collins was dumb.
-
Browns got at least a B tonight :
Adam Caplan @caplannfl 59m59 minutes ago Cam Erving visited #Browns, they see him as multiple position player. Took best OL on board, top graded player left. #CLEpick
Dane Brugler @dpbrugler 60m60 minutes ago #Browns think Erving can play 5 OL positions. Not just a center or left tackle.
Tom Withers @twithersAP 51m51 minutes ago Pettine: "I know these aren't the two sexiest picks, but we're thrilled." #Browns
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login