Skip to content

Official 2015 Draft: Day One Thread

The Browns Board
169 34 7.1k
  • I guess in the end our risk tolerance was just too low to take Ray.

    But fuck a duck him opposite Von Miller.... good Lord...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I guess in the end our risk tolerance was just too low to take Ray.

    But fuck a duck him opposite Von Miller.... good Lord...

    And Demarcus Ware. I don't really understand loading up on guys that are so similar.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by

    It wasn't defense, but at least they shored up the O line. Good first round.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I guess in the end our risk tolerance was just too low to take Ray.

    But fuck a duck him opposite Von Miller.... good Lord...

    And Demarcus Ware. I don't really understand loading up on guys that are so similar.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    And Demarcus Ware. I don't really understand loading up on guys that are so similar.

    Ware is in the twilight of his career and that pass rush looked like shit in the playoffs. That's why they loaded up.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.

    But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.

  • Steelers took Dupree. Out fucking standing

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Steelers took Dupree. Out fucking standing

    They do love them some LBs...

  • I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.

    But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.

    In a heartbeat...

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    I'm fine with that draft.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Man... who did Malcolm Brown piss off? Even the Lions passed on him...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Steelers took Dupree. Out fucking standing

    They do love them some LBs...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    They do love them some LBs...

    This will be the 2 one in their past 3 they fucked uo on.

  • I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.

    But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    I get that, but even getting Ware was excessive. They might think about not having a brick wall at DT. You're in a 4-3, get a DT that can pass rush.

    But they should really go to a 3-4 and build around Von.

    The way they play now, aren't too far off. Plus with their current use of Miller, they only have to sub out one lineman or one backer to show anything from a 33 to a 42 look. Besides, plenty of quality bigs to have in the 2nd round. Brown, Bennett, Davis and Goldman.

  • @tour2ma said:

    They do love them some LBs...

    This will be the 2 one in their past 3 they fucked uo on.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @tiamat63 said:

    This will be the 2 one in their past 3 they fucked uo on.

    I'm tired of reading this and its posted by some on my own board. Jarvis Jones can't be labeled as anything yet. He was a rookie in a complex defense and then he lost almost his entire sophomore season to a wrist injury. Dupree was drafted to play opposite him when Harrison retires. He's a freak athlete. I don't love the pick BUT the only pick I would have loved was Marcus Peters.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Another example of strengthening your strengths rather than addressing your weaknesses: Colts getting ANOTHER receiver. Makes no sense.

    And taking the combine star from practically D2 over Jalen Collins was dumb.

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by

    Browns got at least a B tonight :

    Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 59m59 minutes ago Cam Erving visited #Browns, they see him as multiple position player. Took best OL on board, top graded player left. #CLEpick

    Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 60m60 minutes ago #Browns think Erving can play 5 OL positions. Not just a center or left tackle.

    Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 51m51 minutes ago Pettine: "I know these aren't the two sexiest picks, but we're thrilled." #Browns

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This will be the 2 one in their past 3 they fucked uo on.

    I'm tired of reading this and its posted by some on my own board. Jarvis Jones can't be labeled as anything yet. He was a rookie in a complex defense and then he lost almost his entire sophomore season to a wrist injury. Dupree was drafted to play opposite him when Harrison retires. He's a freak athlete. I don't love the pick BUT the only pick I would have loved was Marcus Peters.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I'm tired of reading this and its posted by some on my own board. Jarvis Jones can't be labeled as anything yet. He was a rookie in a complex defense and then he lost almost his entire sophomore season to a wrist injury. Dupree was drafted to play opposite him when Harrison retires. He's a freak athlete. I don't love the pick BUT the only pick I would have loved was Marcus Peters.

    Tired of reading it? Stay the fuck off a Browns board, chief. Jones never impressed me in 2012 and certainly his injury history compiled on that doesn't help.

    In Dupree you have a straight line speed, workout warrior that doesn't yet know how to disengage or use any move outside of a bull rush. The deck is severely stacked against him.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Shelton fills the void at NT and helps stop the run...

    Erving will start at either RG or RT, forcing Schwartz or Greco to our 6th lineman/rotational guy...

    The trenches are set. Tomorrow and Saturday I expect to see us drafting some offensive guys who can score some points, and some defensive guys who can get to the QB...

    Overall, not bad... 19 was a tough place to pick and I'm glad we at least drafted my favorite o-lineman if we were going to draft one...

  • Another example of strengthening your strengths rather than addressing your weaknesses: Colts getting ANOTHER receiver. Makes no sense.

    And taking the combine star from practically D2 over Jalen Collins was dumb.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Another example of strengthening your strengths rather than addressing your weaknesses: Colts getting ANOTHER receiver. Makes no sense.

    And taking the combine star from practically D2 over Jalen Collins was dumb.

    Jalen Collins isn't a 1st round CB and has a long shot to work out at safety.

  • @vagitron said:

    I'm tired of reading this and its posted by some on my own board. Jarvis Jones can't be labeled as anything yet. He was a rookie in a complex defense and then he lost almost his entire sophomore season to a wrist injury. Dupree was drafted to play opposite him when Harrison retires. He's a freak athlete. I don't love the pick BUT the only pick I would have loved was Marcus Peters.

    Tired of reading it? Stay the fuck off a Browns board, chief. Jones never impressed me in 2012 and certainly his injury history compiled on that doesn't help.

    In Dupree you have a straight line speed, workout warrior that doesn't yet know how to disengage or use any move outside of a bull rush. The deck is severely stacked against him.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @tiamat63 said:

    Tired of reading it? Stay the fuck off a Browns board, chief. Jones never impressed me in 2012 and certainly his injury history compiled on that doesn't help.

    In Dupree you have a straight line speed, workout warrior that doesn't yet know how to disengage or use any move outside of a bull rush. The deck is severely stacked against him.

    You a NFL talent evaluator? Nice draft for the browns. I trust the steelers to make the right move in the first. We have one missed pick in the first in a reaaaaaaaaly long stretch of time and that was Ziggy hood. Players with the deck "severely stacked against them" don't normally go in the first round. He's also not going to be asked to start this year and he's got a pretty good linebacker in Harrison to learn from....I'm not too worried about it.

    Edit: mayock had him at 8.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by

    There are still plenty of wide receivers on the board. Jaelen Strong, DGB, Devin Smith, and tight end Maxx Williams

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF

    Personally, I think this was a better (apparent) first round for Farmer than last year - still TBD.

    Tomorrow could be telling, but I'm at least happy we didn't go crazy chasing a QB at the top this year.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Green Room still full and like 43 and 77 will have Talent.. Great First Round Draft night FINALLY in BROWNSLAND>>>