Official 2015 Draft: Day One Thread
-
I'm DELIGHTED with the Shelton pick. And Canton Mike and a few others nailed the
Cameron Erving pick.
You get Erving some pro coaching, a bit more strength, and he has the feet to play
RT, anywhere on the line. I had Shelton and Collins in my one mock, not too far off.
******************************
Don't underestimate him.
Impressed with 20 tackles at defensive tackle in 2011 and emerged as a 14-game starter and the left tackle on a line protecting first-round pick EJ Manuel in 2012. He emerged as a first-team All-ACC and All-American offensive tackle in 2013 and contemplated a jump to the NFL.
There are very few athletes who can make the type of transition that Erving has made -- moving to the offensive side of the ball and becoming an immediate starter the same year, at the most difficult position on the line, then being named to several All-American teams and being tabbed a top NFL prospect all within a two year period.
But he was on the move again in November, starting his first career game at center in Florida State's comeback victory over Miami on Nov. 15 after serving as Jameis Winston's left tackle the previous 22 games.
A very good athlete with light feet and coveted versatility, it would not be a surprise to see a team fall in love with Erving and make him a top-40 draft pick.
-
The steelers screwed up. Dupree doesn't fit the mold with their defense,
he isn't a cheap shot, late hit artist.
On most other teams, he would have been a real good pick.
-
The Offensive and Defensive Lines are set to battle. I hope we can draft Maxx Williams or Dorial Green-Beckham tomorrow, maybe both! That would be amazing.
My wish-list...
1- Dorial Green-Beckham
2- Maxx Williams
3- Denzel Perryman
4- Landon Collins
5- Ali Marpet
-
Bengals took Cedric, Ravens Perrimen and Steelers Dupree. If I'm right in how I feel about all of those picks, the Browns just got better while each of those teams might not have improved with their picks.
Dupree is an athletic freak of nature but he's very raw. Once he figures it out he could be the next Robert Quinn. He may not figure it out but the steelers don't really miss in the first. Mayock had him going at 8 to atlanta. I personally wanted peters but he went to the chiefs. I'm happy with Dupree and completely disagree with you and so does just about everyone else. The so called graders gave the pick an A+
It should trouble those grading that a middling DJ Humphries who didn't really do much until a late season surge absolutely stone walled Dupree. Keep in mind most scouts see Humphries as a risky high pick tackle including our resident Oline connoisseur.Dupree is an athletic freak of nature but he's very raw. Once he figures it out he could be the next Robert Quinn. He may not figure it out but the steelers don't really miss in the first. Mayock had him going at 8 to atlanta. I personally wanted peters but he went to the chiefs. I'm happy with Dupree and completely disagree with you and so does just about everyone else. The so called graders gave the pick an A+
Keep telling yourself that being an athletic freak makes a man a quality football player. Like I said, deck stacked against him.
-
It should trouble those grading that a middling DJ Humphries who didn't really do much until a late season surge absolutely stone walled Dupree. Keep in mind most scouts see Humphries as a risky high pick tackle including our resident Oline connoisseur.Dupree is an athletic freak of nature but he's very raw. Once he figures it out he could be the next Robert Quinn. He may not figure it out but the steelers don't really miss in the first. Mayock had him going at 8 to atlanta. I personally wanted peters but he went to the chiefs. I'm happy with Dupree and completely disagree with you and so does just about everyone else. The so called graders gave the pick an A+
Keep telling yourself that being an athletic freak makes a man a quality football player. Like I said, deck stacked against him.
It should trouble those grading that a middling DJ Humphries who didn't really do much until a late season surge absolutely stone walled Dupree. Keep in mind most scouts see Humphries as a risky high pick tackle including our resident Oline connoisseur.
Keep telling yourself that being an athletic freak makes a man a quality football player. Like I said, deck stacked against him.
He doesn't use much technique but instead using his freak athleticism to win battles. Teach him technique which IS coachable and he's Robert Quinn. As I said I wanted peters but the steelers who have a pretty strong first round track record were elated he was there at 22.
The most honest and accurate breakdown I've seen of Dupree.
-
Bengals took Cedric, Ravens Perrimen and Steelers Dupree. If I'm right in how I feel about all of those picks, the Browns just got better while each of those teams might not have improved with their picks.
Bengals took Cedric, Ravens Perrimen and Steelers Dupree. If I'm right in how I feel about all of those picks, the Browns just got better while each of those teams might not have improved with their picks.
Ogbuehi likely does not contribute a thing in 2015. He's athletic, and could develop, but I do not see him as a LT. He really struggled there at TAMU.
Perrimen? Dunno certainly seems addresses a need on paper.... whether it translates???
Dupree was a riser whose rise I did not get. Was not surprised to see him fall. I was surprised the Steelers caught him. I agree... straight speed guy without the agility to match it. I liked him as a 2/3 round cusp prospect, where he started, but not as the late first he ended up being. Was surprised he did not lift at his pro day.
Wondering that myself but I don't think he's complaining now. Interesting because the Pats have done Dline back to back 1st round picks.
Well... he lost millions falling 20 spots, and Bill will wear his ass out using him, so I think he may complain later.
-
It should trouble those grading that a middling DJ Humphries who didn't really do much until a late season surge absolutely stone walled Dupree. Keep in mind most scouts see Humphries as a risky high pick tackle including our resident Oline connoisseur.
Keep telling yourself that being an athletic freak makes a man a quality football player. Like I said, deck stacked against him.
He doesn't use much technique but instead using his freak athleticism to win battles. Teach him technique which IS coachable and he's Robert Quinn. As I said I wanted peters but the steelers who have a pretty strong first round track record were elated he was there at 22.
The most honest and accurate breakdown I've seen of Dupree.
The most honest and accurate breakdown I've seen of Dupree.
Translation: Video is the closest to my opinion that I have found.
5 minutes in I thought the vid was about Quinn... and before I got all gushy about Quinn's technique, I'd find a play where the OT doesn't catch a cleat and end up feet together and off-balance before the DE lays a hand on him.
-
The most honest and accurate breakdown I've seen of Dupree.
Translation: Video is the closest to my opinion that I have found.
5 minutes in I thought the vid was about Quinn... and before I got all gushy about Quinn's technique, I'd find a play where the OT doesn't catch a cleat and end up feet together and off-balance before the DE lays a hand on him.
Okay. It addresses his freak athleticism but his raw technique. He's the perfect mold to learn under Harrison and now Coach porter. If and when the guy learns to use moves to get free he could be virtually unblockable which is why he was being projected inside the top ten but also as low as out of the first round. He's 270 pounds and runs a 4.5 with over a 40 inch vert. He's in rare air territory for his size and athleticism. Run the list of Steelers first round picks over the last 15 years. Ziggy hood is the only miss.Translation: Video is the closest to my opinion that I have found.
5 minutes in I thought the vid was about Quinn... and before I got all gushy about Quinn's technique, I'd find a play where the OT doesn't catch a cleat and end up feet together and off-balance before the DE lays a hand on him.
-
-
-
Erving will start at either RG or RT, forcing Schwartz or Greco to our 6th lineman/rotational guy...
The trenches are set. Tomorrow and Saturday I expect to see us drafting some offensive guys who can score some points, and some defensive guys who can get to the QB...
Overall, not bad... 19 was a tough place to pick and I'm glad we at least drafted my favorite o-lineman if we were going to draft one...
Erving was your fav?
I do not see Cam at RT. He's not good enough in space, but he may be as good as Mitch is. There is no doubt that he is the back-up Center, and future Mack "opt-out" replacement, so it may make sense to play him at RG and move Greco to RT.
It will be interesting to see if Mitch ends up part of a trade deal.
You a NFL talent evaluator?
He ain't bad...
Personally, I think this was a better (apparent) first round for Farmer than last year - still TBD.
Tomorrow could be telling, but I'm at least happy we didn't go crazy chasing a QB at the top this year.
I think it was a safer first round for sure, and hard to see it not starting off better... but I feel like we left talent on the table...
Erving was your fav?
It will be interesting to see if Mitch ends up part of a trade deal.
Yes, Erving was my favorite because of his pure athleticism and ability to pick-up o-line positions very quickly and play them both at a very high level. He is certainly best-used as a C, and may replace Mack if we can't keep him, but he looks to have the ability to develop into whatever we need along the line...
Also, don't forget Mitch is on the last year of HIS contract as well...
-
What time does the second round start ?
-
What time does the second round start ?
7PM tonight.
I was just watching some of Shelton's highlights and one of the things that I really liked was how he moved horizontally to stay in the play. Reminded me of how Rubin was always able to get left and right towards the play a few years back when he was still a young buck.
-
Erving was your fav?
It will be interesting to see if Mitch ends up part of a trade deal.
Yes, Erving was my favorite because of his pure athleticism and ability to pick-up o-line positions very quickly and play them both at a very high level. He is certainly best-used as a C, and may replace Mack if we can't keep him, but he looks to have the ability to develop into whatever we need along the line...
Also, don't forget Mitch is on the last year of HIS contract as well...
Yes, Erving was my favorite because of his pure athleticism and ability to pick-up o-line positions very quickly and play them both at a very high level. He is certainly best-used as a C, and may replace Mack if we can't keep him, but he looks to have the ability to develop into whatever we need along the line...
Also, don't forget Mitch is on the last year of HIS contract as well...
Ive liked him all along too.....mostly due to his versatility and athletic ability for a big man....not an OL rater myself, but felt he was at least described as exactly what the Browns needed and wanted.....
Versatility to play multiple positions....the athletic ability to play zone......interior ability.....and with a good head and high character
-
My biggest Question of the night::: Was There a Trade Down Offer even to consider at 19???
-
-
Bengals took Cedric, Ravens Perrimen and Steelers Dupree. If I'm right in how I feel about all of those picks, the Browns just got better while each of those teams might not have improved with their picks.
Dupree is an athletic freak of nature but he's very raw. Once he figures it out he could be the next Robert Quinn. He may not figure it out but the steelers don't really miss in the first. Mayock had him going at 8 to atlanta. I personally wanted peters but he went to the chiefs. I'm happy with Dupree and completely disagree with you and so does just about everyone else. The so called graders gave the pick an A+
Dupree is an athletic freak of nature but he's very raw. Once he figures it out he could be the next Robert Quinn. He may not figure it out but the steelers don't really miss in the first. Mayock had him going at 8 to atlanta. I personally wanted peters but he went to the chiefs. I'm happy with Dupree and completely disagree with you and so does just about everyone else. The so called graders gave the pick an A+
He's from Kentucky Dude......now if this was basketball, well OK. But Kentucky for football?
-
Talk about being in a Fog . . .
Wife's been getting up at 3am the past two weeks for Training - it's really screwed up my sleep.
Sleep's screwed up so bad that I didn't even realize til this morning that Cameron Erving was the OL that I mentioned in the Draft/Notes thread we were targeting because of his position versatility.
Still a little fuzzy (another 3am'er), but I do believe DT Shelton was a consensus favorite a couple months back.
So, taking all this into consideration it appears we did pretty well in 1st Round for a change.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login