Official 2015 Draft: Day Two Thread
-
Johnson will be our starting KR/PR.
-
Johnson will be our starting KR/PR.
Johnson will be our starting KR/PR.
If that's the case it makes more sense.
-
Cooper is a hell of a 3tech pass rusher. Go watch some film on this kid. When Anderson went off the board I was looking Dline, was just watching him when the pick was announced. I LOVE his motor.
-
Do any of the players we picked tonight have any injury or off the field problems, or are they all solid?
-
How did Johnson look as a KR/PR? I know as a RB he looked pretty good catching the ball and being elusive but the Browns already had two good RBs.
-
-
That 2nd DT will be our new DE. It was a good pick. And in Farmer's presser he said he was expecting Benji to return to form this year.
Pick Analysis: "This is another guy that I really like. He has great vision for a defensive tackle. By that I mean when he is in contact, he can disengage and find the football. He will fit in exactly with what Mike Pettine is doing defensively. The Browns are building inside out." -- Mike Mayock
In TV commentary Mayock added: "Browns have their 5-technique guy."
-
Cooper is a hell of a 3tech pass rusher. Go watch some film on this kid. When Anderson went off the board I was looking Dline, was just watching him when the pick was announced. I LOVE his motor.
-
Clearly there is a plan for this team finally. We built the trenches on both sides so we will stop the run and be able to run. We filled our receiving corps through free agency (don't understand the clamoring for one in the draft, I think this class is very overrated) with Hartline, Bowe, and Hawkins. Our pass defense is already solid. Our pass offense depends on Manziel/McCown. If either QB steps up and plays well we will be a playoff team this season, barring any freakish injuries.
-
Another good draft day for the Browns. No sure about a RB, but I do like the Defensive picks.
-
Cooper is a hell of a 3tech pass rusher. Go watch some film on this kid. When Anderson went off the board I was looking Dline, was just watching him when the pick was announced. I LOVE his motor.
-
Well, Canton Mike and I were surprised at the Duke Johnson, rb pick !
But we've said all along that what the Browns do, it's because they KNOW what they are DOING.
And, after reading up on the rb they picked...okay, now I get it. And, "he doesn't pass block" is
bogus.
Some "experts" had said he could be a late first or second round player.
Really nice job. Just a heck of a surprise !
-
Which helps our woes against the run how, exactly?
Because he plays the run like he plays the pass. Shoots a gap, disrupts in the backfield and let's the linebackers clean things up.
-
I hope we don't try to bulk him up like we did Billy.
I would be beyond pissed if his kid was asked to go up anything past another 5lbs. His first step is lightning fast and his hand usage, while not consistent, is violent.
Also, according to PFF my eyes are pretty good about his pass Rush abilities. They ranked him as the 4th best pass rusher against Power 5 opponents in this DT class.
-
That's the difference between a superbowl team and a non-playoff team. Why the hell didn't we spend some of those picks we spent on a 2nd DT on this guy?
I just don't get it, but apparently the Seahawks do.
I'm a big Lockett fan but he is a little dude. I have some buddies from K St. who are huge fans obviously but weren't high on his ability to remain healthy after transferring to the NFL. He's basically a Harvin clone so I get why the Seahawks went after him but I also get the hesitation as well. Picking him that high is a bit of a luxury pick, one the Seahawks can afford to take. We, unfortunately, aren't in a position to do so.
It is what it is.
I was caught off guard a bit by the Duke Johnson pick but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Farmer is just a smidgen better at talent evaluation than myself.
-
That's the difference between a superbowl team and a non-playoff team. Why the hell didn't we spend some of those picks we spent on a 2nd DT on this guy?
I just don't get it, but apparently the Seahawks do.
I'm a big Lockett fan but he is a little dude. I have some buddies from K St. who are huge fans obviously but weren't high on his ability to remain healthy after transferring to the NFL. He's basically a Harvin clone so I get why the Seahawks went after him but I also get the hesitation as well. Picking him that high is a bit of a luxury pick, one the Seahawks can afford to take. We, unfortunately, aren't in a position to do so.
It is what it is.
I was caught off guard a bit by the Duke Johnson pick but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Farmer is just a smidgen better at talent evaluation than myself.
I'm a big Lockett fan but he is a little dude. I have some buddies from K St. who are huge fans obviously but weren't high on his ability to remain healthy after transferring to the NFL. He's basically a Harvin clone so I get why the Seahawks went after him but I also get the hesitation as well. Picking him that high is a bit of a luxury pick, one the Seahawks can afford to take. We, unfortunately, aren't in a position to do so.
It is what it is.
I was caught off guard a bit by the Duke Johnson pick but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Farmer is just a smidgen better at talent evaluation than myself.
Well after I saw the Duke Johnson tape covering his return man abilities, it made a lot more sense. That was the main reason I wanted Lockett, plus he could be a good slot guy. And since apparently DJ handles passes out of the backfield well too, that also makes sense. Guess I am just disappointed that we didn't find a way to make room. Too many needs.
Wouldn't it be something if they convert DJ to the slot and just keep the RB's we have right where they are! But I suspect they did not like the fumble problems from the RB position.
-
After reading about Cooper - real nice job.
There has to be a small college burner wr who can catch the ball somewhere.....under the radar....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login