Official 2015 Draft: Day Two Thread
-
How did Johnson look as a KR/PR? I know as a RB he looked pretty good catching the ball and being elusive but the Browns already had two good RBs.
How did Johnson look as a KR/PR? I know as a RB he looked pretty good catching the ball and being elusive but the Browns already had two good RBs.
As a KR he had 28 returns, 33 avg., 2 td
-
I'm a big Lockett fan but he is a little dude. I have some buddies from K St. who are huge fans obviously but weren't high on his ability to remain healthy after transferring to the NFL. He's basically a Harvin clone so I get why the Seahawks went after him but I also get the hesitation as well. Picking him that high is a bit of a luxury pick, one the Seahawks can afford to take. We, unfortunately, aren't in a position to do so.
It is what it is.
I was caught off guard a bit by the Duke Johnson pick but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Farmer is just a smidgen better at talent evaluation than myself.
Well after I saw the Duke Johnson tape covering his return man abilities, it made a lot more sense. That was the main reason I wanted Lockett, plus he could be a good slot guy. And since apparently DJ handles passes out of the backfield well too, that also makes sense. Guess I am just disappointed that we didn't find a way to make room. Too many needs.
Wouldn't it be something if they convert DJ to the slot and just keep the RB's we have right where they are! But I suspect they did not like the fumble problems from the RB position.
Well after I saw the Duke Johnson tape covering his return man abilities, it made a lot more sense. That was the main reason I wanted Lockett, plus he could be a good slot guy. And since apparently DJ handles passes out of the backfield well too, that also makes sense. Guess I am just disappointed that we didn't find a way to make room. Too many needs.
I get it my man. I was in the same boat. Lockett was one of the few guys I really pulling for in this draft but we didn't trade the farm and have solidified our lines so I can't be too disappointed.
[/FFC0CB] Plus we get to spend yet another summer discussing JM which I'm sure everyone is totally stoked about. [/FFC0CB]
Pink font for sarcasm correct?
Edit: I tried. The whole phone thing makes it difficult. Thank God I'm not a Web Dev. EDIT: us mods aim to please.
-
-
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel? Doesn't make sense to me. But if you really want one that's under the radar (and you ask nicely and leave me cookies):
DeAndrew White
-
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel? Doesn't make sense to me. But if you really want one that's under the radar (and you ask nicely and leave me cookies):
DeAndrew White
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel? Doesn't make sense to me. But if you really want one that's under the radar (and you ask nicely and leave me cookies):
DeAndrew White
I wanted Lockett for everything he did for KSU-the "It" factor in everything he did including team leadership. Not just a small receiver.
-
After reading about Cooper - real nice job.
There has to be a small college burner wr who can catch the ball somewhere.....under the radar....
-
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel? Doesn't make sense to me. But if you really want one that's under the radar (and you ask nicely and leave me cookies):
DeAndrew White
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel? Doesn't make sense to me. But if you really want one that's under the radar (and you ask nicely and leave me cookies):
DeAndrew White
I want a receiver that first and foremost, can catch the ball. No thanks.
-
Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 1 Pick 19: Cameron Erving, OT/C, Florida State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 13 (MINN): Nate Orchard, OLB/DE, Utah (

Round 3 Pick 12 (MINN): Xavier Cooper, DT/DE, Washington St. (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12
Round 4 Pick 16
Round 5 Pick 11
Round 6 Pick 13
Round 6 Pick 26
Round 7 Pick 12
Really hard to recreate this draft.
Some drafts have Shelton going Top 10, some have Cameron Erving going Top 10. Orchard is usually there but Duke Johnson is NEVER there! The last Mock I did had Duke going in the first round on a trade down to the Cowboys in the mid 20s. He's all over the board late first to mid second. Xavier Cooper is even coming off the board very early in the third round. I'd say our FO did a solid job at getting us great players that should most likely have been long gone by the time we picked them up. Can't wait until tomorrow to go to Farmer's Market.
-
Very very happy with the Nate Orchard and Xavier Cooper picks. Cooper is a gem, if he had longer arms he probably would have gone early second round, but the guys motor and hands fit the 'Play like a Brown' mantra.
-
Our new RB missed all of 2013. Someone in the Tavern mentioned a broken ankle.
Year Team G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD
2012 Mia F 12 139 957 79.8 7.1 10
2013 Mia F 8 145 920 115.0 6.5 6
2014 Mia F 12 218 1520 126.7 7.1 10
Totals 32 502 3397 106.2 6.9 26
You might want to try the internet as opposed to the tavern as your information source.

-
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel? Doesn't make sense to me. But if you really want one that's under the radar (and you ask nicely and leave me cookies):
DeAndrew White
Question: why do you guys want small, fast receivers when we have Hawkins and Gabriel?
Im with you.....dont just draft a WR to draft a WR......thats dumb....
People keep screaming 'we need a #1'.....dont have "that guy"......so, what are the odds that a 4th round 6'-0" prospect is gonna do anything, let alone become our new #1.......insane.....
IF they pick one, I hope he compliments our current group and ISNT a carbon copy of Hawk and Gabe(short/fast)......
-
^ Ding Ding Ding...
wrong Johnson!! It's Duke... Fix your Johnson

LMAO...
Year Team G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD
2012 Mia F 12 139 957 79.8 7.1 10
2013 Mia F 8 145 920 115.0 6.5 6
2014 Mia F 12 218 1520 126.7 7.1 10
Totals 32 502 3397 106.2 6.9 26
You might want to try the internet as opposed to the tavern as your information source.

So his ankle wasn't broken?

As for the whole year thing... CollegeFootballReference let me down... no 2013 stats.
I'll try to do better next time.

-
^ Ding Ding Ding...
wrong Johnson!! It's Duke... Fix your Johnson

LMAO...
Year Team G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD
2012 Mia F 12 139 957 79.8 7.1 10
2013 Mia F 8 145 920 115.0 6.5 6
2014 Mia F 12 218 1520 126.7 7.1 10
Totals 32 502 3397 106.2 6.9 26
You might want to try the internet as opposed to the tavern as your information source.

So his ankle wasn't broken?

As for the whole year thing... CollegeFootballReference let me down... no 2013 stats.
I'll try to do better next time.

^ Ding Ding Ding...
LMAO...
So his ankle wasn't broken?

As for the whole year thing... CollegeFootballReference let me down... no 2013 stats.
I'll try to do better next time.

Ok, Don't fix your Johnson if you don't want To it's yours!! What's the deal with the ankle?? Watched Duke many time's at U. 2013 played 8 games. Duke runs harder than Crow but smaller Frame. Have seen Duke dinged in many games but always jumped back in cause he wanted to Play. Ankle broke or what??
-
no, no, no... I was trying to recreate the draft on first-pick and said that it's nearly impossible to do because the guys we took were usually long gone by the time we actually got around to our pick. That other Johnson was just another day 2 runningback that I figured would grade out roughly the same... Of course I know he's not Duke.
Duke Johnson Broke his ankle in 2013 and was having a great season. He bounced back completely in 2014 and rushed for 1600+ yards. For info on the injury http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1835194-duke-johnson-injury-updates-on-miami-rbs-ankle-likely-return-date
-
I don't mind a pass rusher here.
People don't like the pick:
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades2.php
Whatever, at least it wasn't Randy Bust.
Carolina Panthers: Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan: MILLEN Grade Eww... This wouldn't be a truly terrible pick if the Panthers simply selected Devin Funchess at their spot in the second round, but they surrendered third- and a sixth-rounders in the process? Uhh... why!? Funchess is a man without a true position. He's too slow to be a receiver, and there were better wideouts available. He's too small to be a tight end, and there were better tight ends available. This selection makes no sense on so many levels.
or that pick, lol
Carolina Panthers: Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan: MILLEN Grade Eww... This wouldn't be a truly terrible pick if the Panthers simply selected Devin Funchess at their spot in the second round, but they surrendered third- and a sixth-rounders in the process? Uhh... why!? Funchess is a man without a true position. He's too slow to be a receiver, and there were better wideouts available. He's too small to be a tight end, and there were better tight ends available. This selection makes no sense on so many levels.
or that pick, lol
Now, will you forever and forever amen shut the fuck up about this dork....he plays for another team in another conference.
-
I'm pretty sure Farmer hates WR's. Either that or we're bringing back the triple option.
I actually wouldn't be too upset with that.
-
I'd go long snapper at 111, can't have too much depth
I'd go long snapper at 111, can't have too much depth
Bill Belichick just about did that. LS from Navy in round 4?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login