Skip to content

Draftee Game Film Session: Hayes Pullard

Locked The Browns Board
33 12 1.3k
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Holiday Bowl vs. Nebraska:

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    0:05

    Has the read on the double pulling backside guards, stays flat footed and doesn't trust himself. If he continues to attack and go after the blocker, he could have forced the ball carrier to get more depth. Not digging his hesitation.

    @0:47

    Trips right, he's got man on the offset H, good job staying on top of his man while not picking his own. Awesome job cutting the angle underneath the receiver and using his upfield hand to deflect the ball.

    His lateral pursuit, play speed recognition and converting that into attacking the ball carrier or route is inconsistent at best.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Dang, that must mean he will suck on special teams.

    good grief. He wasn't drafted in any 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds. 😡

  • Thought might thread each of our draftees' game films for review and comment.

    Here's the only 2014 footage on Hayes at draftbreakdown.com ... his BC game. Short tape only 04:14 long.

    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/hayes-pullard-vs-boston-college-2014/

    There are a few more films from prior years.

    Very rough start... looked indecisive and slow to react to what I presume were his keys even as they climbed into his lap. Often was blocked standing right where he started still diagnosing. Seemed to play to not make a mistake and ended up not making any plays.

    Then looked like someone lit a fire under him. Last couple minutes went on first read, got angles and made plays. Was fooled some by read-option, but at least he was taking away one option. Was aggressive even if wrong.

    Had one nice pass defense.

    If you find anymore 2014 games, please post...

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @tour2ma said:

    Thought might thread each of our draftees' game films for review and comment.

    Here's the only 2014 footage on Hayes at draftbreakdown.com ... his BC game. Short tape only 04:14 long.

    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/hayes-pullard-vs-boston-college-2014/

    There are a few more films from prior years.

    Very rough start... looked indecisive and slow to react to what I presume were his keys even as they climbed into his lap. Often was blocked standing right where he started still diagnosing. Seemed to play to not make a mistake and ended up not making any plays.

    Then looked like someone lit a fire under him. Last couple minutes went on first read, got angles and made plays. Was fooled some by read-option, but at least he was taking away one option. Was aggressive even if wrong.

    Had one nice pass defense.

    If you find anymore 2014 games, please post...

    Well, I trust Farmer and Pettine judgement over yours, sorry.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thought might thread each of our draftees' game films for review and comment.

    Here's the only 2014 footage on Hayes at draftbreakdown.com ... his BC game. Short tape only 04:14 long.

    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/hayes-pullard-vs-boston-college-2014/

    There are a few more films from prior years.

    Very rough start... looked indecisive and slow to react to what I presume were his keys even as they climbed into his lap. Often was blocked standing right where he started still diagnosing. Seemed to play to not make a mistake and ended up not making any plays.

    Then looked like someone lit a fire under him. Last couple minutes went on first read, got angles and made plays. Was fooled some by read-option, but at least he was taking away one option. Was aggressive even if wrong.

    Had one nice pass defense.

    If you find anymore 2014 games, please post...

    Well, I trust Farmer and Pettine judgement over yours, sorry.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well, I trust Farmer and Pettine judgement over yours, sorry.

    Da fuq? Their judgement barely saved this kid from going undrafted.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    The thing I like is the willingness to learn because we have some damn good D coaches to spend time in the film room with him to develop play recognition.

  • The thing I like is the willingness to learn because we have some damn good D coaches to spend time in the film room with him to develop play recognition.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @texasag1969 said:

    The thing I like is the willingness to learn because we have some damn good D coaches to spend time in the film room with him to develop play recognition.

    Play recognition is film study, instinct and how fast you process your keys as a defender. Probably the 3 most important attrubutes for any defensive position.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The thing I like is the willingness to learn because we have some damn good D coaches to spend time in the film room with him to develop play recognition.

    Play recognition is film study, instinct and how fast you process your keys as a defender. Probably the 3 most important attrubutes for any defensive position.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @tiamat63 said:

    Play recognition is film study, instinct and how fast you process your keys as a defender. Probably the 3 most important attrubutes for any defensive position.

    Do you work in sports?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Play recognition is film study, instinct and how fast you process your keys as a defender. Probably the 3 most important attrubutes for any defensive position.

    Do you work in sports?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #11

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Do you work in sports?

    Does it truly matter?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Do you work in sports?

    Does it truly matter?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tiamat63 said:

    Does it truly matter?

    Well, I was asking honestly...but you answered even more with your response.

    I can see why you don't.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Does it truly matter?

    Well, I was asking honestly...but you answered even more with your response.

    I can see why you don't.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, I was asking honestly...but you answered even more with your response.

    I can see why you don't.

    Funny, I edited my first response.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thought might thread each of our draftees' game films for review and comment.

    Here's the only 2014 footage on Hayes at draftbreakdown.com ... his BC game. Short tape only 04:14 long.

    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/hayes-pullard-vs-boston-college-2014/

    There are a few more films from prior years.

    Very rough start... looked indecisive and slow to react to what I presume were his keys even as they climbed into his lap. Often was blocked standing right where he started still diagnosing. Seemed to play to not make a mistake and ended up not making any plays.

    Then looked like someone lit a fire under him. Last couple minutes went on first read, got angles and made plays. Was fooled some by read-option, but at least he was taking away one option. Was aggressive even if wrong.

    Had one nice pass defense.

    If you find anymore 2014 games, please post...

    Well, I trust Farmer and Pettine judgement over yours, sorry.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Easy fellers...

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well, I trust Farmer and Pettine judgement over yours, sorry.

    The difference between you and I is that only one of us has any inkling what my judgment might be since I only posted observations.

    Did you even watch the tape?

  • Easy fellers...

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well, I trust Farmer and Pettine judgement over yours, sorry.

    The difference between you and I is that only one of us has any inkling what my judgment might be since I only posted observations.

    Did you even watch the tape?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    Easy fellers...

    I didn't mean I edited my original post because I was insulting towards Couch. I edited because I was going to list some of the things I do and when/how I play. Then I realized I'm bothering to give time to an obvious troll attempt. Not worth it.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Like I said before - it was honest question. But then you got your pussy hurt and answered it for me.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Site is a Forum for Fans with their own opinions.. Personally what any of us do for a living. You on the wrong site.. It's his opinion...

  • Like I said before - it was honest question. But then you got your pussy hurt and answered it for me.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #18

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Like I said before - it was honest question. But then you got your pussy hurt and answered it for me.

    Look, bitch - it was not an honest question. It was a lame ass attempt to flame someone. One of those situations where any answer gets a sarcastic and trolling response regardless of validity. Spend less time worrying about what the fuck I do and more time not being such a chode there, tough guy. Gracias.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #19

    No, it's your smart ass, arrogant attitude, Tiam. I had posted my dumb opinion on the draft, and you

    went off on the "Retarded" crap.

    I do think the pouty, whineyass critique ignored the excellent positives of Duke, including

    his accomplishments. You want to smart off, you get it in response, around here.

    Personally, I never played football, and my knee kept me out of the draft back in the day. But most of us

    are not sports pros. We are just avid fans. So whatever you really DO, if you can't handle that,

    STFU or at least get off your smart ass high horse.

    Oh, and I officially give the Browns' draft an A-, the minus is because I don't "know" like a scout, but as a fan,

    I wanted a bigtime, superstar WR. Although, the Browns know what they need to kick ass, and that is controlliing

    the los, because they ARE the experts.

  • No, it's your smart ass, arrogant attitude, Tiam. I had posted my dumb opinion on the draft, and you

    went off on the "Retarded" crap.

    I do think the pouty, whineyass critique ignored the excellent positives of Duke, including

    his accomplishments. You want to smart off, you get it in response, around here.

    Personally, I never played football, and my knee kept me out of the draft back in the day. But most of us

    are not sports pros. We are just avid fans. So whatever you really DO, if you can't handle that,

    STFU or at least get off your smart ass high horse.

    Oh, and I officially give the Browns' draft an A-, the minus is because I don't "know" like a scout, but as a fan,

    I wanted a bigtime, superstar WR. Although, the Browns know what they need to kick ass, and that is controlliing

    the los, because they ARE the experts.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #20

    @calfoxwc said:

    No, it's your smart ass, arrogant attitude, Tiam. I had posted my dumb opinion on the draft, and you

    went off on the "Retarded" crap.

    I do think the pouty, whineyass critique ignored the excellent positives of Duke, including

    his accomplishments. You want to smart off, you get it in response, around here.

    Personally, I never played football, and my knee kept me out of the draft back in the day. But most of us

    are not sports pros. We are just avid fans. So whatever you really DO, if you can't handle that,

    STFU or at least get off your smart ass high horse.

    Oh, and I officially give the Browns' draft an A-, the minus is because I don't "know" like a scout, but as a fan,

    I wanted a bigtime, superstar WR. Although, the Browns know what they need to kick ass, and that is controlliing

    the los, because they ARE the experts.

    So you're pissed off because I called you Retarded for wanting a receive in the 1st round? A) I don't remember that. 😎 I apologize but it must have been pretty stupid. C) looks like Farmer agrees with my take personnel assessments and team needs as WR was one of the last things on the front offices minds.

    I also have zero Idea what you're talking about regarding Duke. This thread hasn't brought him up yet, as my critique is on Pullard. I never played a Mike or Buck spot but played a Will and play a rover. I understand the keys and responsibilities of the position. I also enjoy the Duke pick and his skill set. I made that clear in the tavern.

    Sounds like you're pissed off because I call out the average Browns fan for what they are. Loyal, dedicated and passionate - yet at the same time, dumb as shit.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    How about people just calm the fuck down. He is a 7th round pick. He will have just about as much chance to make the roster as the UDFA we signed from Texas Tech.

  • How about people just calm the fuck down. He is a 7th round pick. He will have just about as much chance to make the roster as the UDFA we signed from Texas Tech.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @harry-buffalo said:

    How about people just calm the fuck down. He is a 7th round pick. He will have just about as much chance to make the roster as the UDFA we signed from Texas Tech.

    I'm perfectly calm. That said, I think there's a good chance HP makes the roster.