Skip to content

Who Would You Be ?

The Browns Board
163 31 5.4k
  • @mld-woody said:

    My intent was to poke fun at your graph from earlier.

    What am I wrong about? What evidence do you have to show I am wrong?

    Show me those graphs that show young people just as interested in baseball...

    I hate baseball, but I have been to more Indians games than pro soccer matches (0 pro matches, but some college games and 1 international game). You know why? It is readily available and pretty cheap. I imagine if I lived in Cbus I would have gone to some crew games. My friends went, I was invited, and after the game we hung out downtown. Hardly anyone at a baseball game even watches the game anyway, based on my experience. Of course, there being more people attending baseball overall (more matches, more stadiums, more teams) which probably means more young kids (probably, you'd need to provide data) doesn't mean much in the context of what we were talking about. I have provided numerous pieces of evidence showing the decline in baseball and growth in soccer. What do you have...?

    ... the Gippper "old man" special, anecdotal evidence. Congrats, your kids didn't want to go to a soccer match for the pro team that didn't exist in Cleveland. That settles the debate then...

    Nap time for woody. He's getting cranky.......

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nap time for woody. He's getting cranky.......

    Get it out of your system now. I don't think they'll give you internet access in the home...

  • Soccer is growing in popularity. I'm not sure what the argument is.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nap time for woody. He's getting cranky.......

    Get it out of your system now. I don't think they'll give you internet access in the home...

    @mld-woody said:

    Get it out of your system now. I don't think they'll give you internet access in the home...

    You'd be surprised at all the pussy I get here. But then again, you haven't had pussy since pussy had you.....

  • Ok woody let's pretend tough inner city kids and black kids are two completely different bunches of people. geez.

    WSS

  • I would be Otto Graham by the way. Pro Football in the 50s would be awesome.Being the QB of the greatest team in the sport and playing a championship game every year of your career ... C'mon.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I would be Otto Graham by the way. Pro Football in the 50s would be awesome.Being the QB of the greatest team in the sport and playing a championship game every year of your career ... C'mon.

    Z

    Yes, what an accomplishment especially with all the competition he had back then!

  • @mld-woody said:

    Get it out of your system now. I don't think they'll give you internet access in the home...

    You'd be surprised at all the pussy I get here. But then again, you haven't had pussy since pussy had you.....

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You'd be surprised at all the pussy I get here.

    Eeeewwwww

    Damn our advances in medical science.

  • Ok woody let's pretend tough inner city kids and black kids are two completely different bunches of people. geez.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Ok woody let's pretend tough inner city kids and black kids are two completely different bunches of people. geez.

    WSS

    Alright, it looks like you didn't follow along.

    Your comment made no sense. You said soccer is popular among 5-12 year olds because parents don't want them getting hurt by negroes in city parks.

    You then went on to mention football.

    1) this is soccer vs baseball, no football involved

    2) most 5-12 year olds aren't playing across multiple cities

    3) if they don't want them getting hurt (you later said compared to football), baseball would still be an option. Hell, it would be a safer option.

  • I'm sure there's one thing everyone can agree on...soccer is for kids and pussies.

  • Bullshit Woodrow. Look I don't begrudge your love of a sport that bores most of us shitless. It's the only one I can think of with as many girls playing but...

    If suburban kids are playing sports de los pro football and baseball will naturally fall to soccer.

    WSS

  • Bullshit Woodrow. Look I don't begrudge your love of a sport that bores most of us shitless. It's the only one I can think of with as many girls playing but...

    If suburban kids are playing sports de los pro football and baseball will naturally fall to soccer.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Bullshit Woodrow. Look I don't begrudge your love of a sport that bores most of us shitless. It's the only one I can think of with as many girls playing but...

    If suburban kids are playing sports de los pro football and baseball will naturally fall to soccer.

    WSS

    I don't care how you feel about the sport. I do not care what preconceived notions and biases you have. That doesn't matter.

    Facts are facts. And your dumb post is still a dumb post.

    Idk how many times I need to say this, I was never comparing football and soccer. Your stupid comment regarding suburban moms and black kids, which then morphed into comparing soccer to football, means nothing. This was soccer vs baseball. How you could see baseball as more physical/dangerous is beyond me.

    What comments are you making now? How will you continue to walk away from your original post. You just keep bringing up more and more statements that don't relate to your original post at all.

    I do not care if you do not like soccer. I do not care if your knowledge of the sport and those who play it is next to nothing. Just try to stay on topic with your original post, or admit you were wrong to begin with.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Bullshit Woodrow. Look I don't begrudge your love of a sport that bores most of us shitless. It's the only one I can think of with as many girls playing but...

    If suburban kids are playing sports de los pro football and baseball will naturally fall to soccer.

    WSS

    I don't care how you feel about the sport. I do not care what preconceived notions and biases you have. That doesn't matter.

    Facts are facts. And your dumb post is still a dumb post.

    Idk how many times I need to say this, I was never comparing football and soccer. Your stupid comment regarding suburban moms and black kids, which then morphed into comparing soccer to football, means nothing. This was soccer vs baseball. How you could see baseball as more physical/dangerous is beyond me.

    What comments are you making now? How will you continue to walk away from your original post. You just keep bringing up more and more statements that don't relate to your original post at all.

    I do not care if you do not like soccer. I do not care if your knowledge of the sport and those who play it is next to nothing. Just try to stay on topic with your original post, or admit you were wrong to begin with.

    @mld-woody said:

    I don't care...... I do not care .......doesn't matter.

    Facts are facts. And your dumb post is still a dumb post.

    I do not care...... I do not care.......

    Exactly.....you said it!!!

    Is there ANYTHING you dont feel compelled to argue about?.......oy.....

    nobody cares about any of this....nobody, nobody, nobody......

  • @mld-woody said:

    I don't care...... I do not care .......doesn't matter.

    Facts are facts. And your dumb post is still a dumb post.

    I do not care...... I do not care.......

    Exactly.....you said it!!!

    Is there ANYTHING you dont feel compelled to argue about?.......oy.....

    nobody cares about any of this....nobody, nobody, nobody......

    @mudfly said:

    Is there ANYTHING you dont feel compelled to argue about?

    That soccer players are gay.

  • Most of the wood man's bellyaching is accompanied by a slew of I don't cares.

    😁

    WSS

  • Yes, congrats. With no other words around those statements, it looks like you have something there...

    Your first post made no sense. Then you tried to get away from it. Then you tried again. You were incorrect originally and have done nothing to show otherwise.

    If you are done adding anything of value to this attempt at making a point, then I might as well stop at all. It is easy to see when someone is backed into a corner, and at this point I wont get anything of value out of you.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I don't care...... I do not care .......doesn't matter.

    Facts are facts. And your dumb post is still a dumb post.

    I do not care...... I do not care.......

    Exactly.....you said it!!!

    Is there ANYTHING you dont feel compelled to argue about?.......oy.....

    nobody cares about any of this....nobody, nobody, nobody......

    @mudfly said:

    Exactly.....you said it!!!

    Is there ANYTHING you dont feel compelled to argue about?.......oy.....

    nobody cares about any of this....nobody, nobody, nobody......

    Anything I don't argue about? Um,the vast majority of the rest if the posts on this forum to start with...

    I apologize for choosing to argue this one topic.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Are the Moms with the Mini Vans with Children from 5-12 also thinking, Less likely of injuries in soccer than Baseballs thrown by kids below age of 12?? Some Parents choose to wussify kids these days and possible flow chart has got to be out there..

    Football is a collision sport

    Soccer is a contact sport

    Baseball is a "maybe there is some light contact, and anything big is generally an accident, like two outfielders running into each other, or a wild pitch"

    I am not sure how you could list baseball as more physical than soccer...

    @mld-woody said:

    Football is a collision sport

    Soccer is a contact sport

    Baseball is a "maybe there is some light contact, and anything big is generally an accident, like two outfielders running into each other, or a wild pitch"

    I am not sure how you could list baseball as more physical than soccer...

    The statistics say otherwise.

    Baseball has the highest fatality rate in kids 5-14 in all major sports including football. And also a higher injury rate. So there goes that argument.

    It boils down to the pussification of America and that not much skill is needed to lightly jog around and kick a ball back and forth. More specific mechanics are needed early on for baseball vs soccer. And parents anymore would rather stare at their phones then play catch with their kids.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Football is a collision sport

    Soccer is a contact sport

    Baseball is a "maybe there is some light contact, and anything big is generally an accident, like two outfielders running into each other, or a wild pitch"

    I am not sure how you could list baseball as more physical than soccer...

    The statistics say otherwise.

    Baseball has the highest fatality rate in kids 5-14 in all major sports including football. And also a higher injury rate. So there goes that argument.

    It boils down to the pussification of America and that not much skill is needed to lightly jog around and kick a ball back and forth. More specific mechanics are needed early on for baseball vs soccer. And parents anymore would rather stare at their phones then play catch with their kids.

    @erie-dawg said:

    It boils down to the pussification of America and that not much skill is needed to lightly jog around and kick a ball back and forth.

    was running 7 min miles my last 2 years in the army. a friend who was Ft. Devens soccer team goalie needed an emergency stand-in for a player who was running late to base so they didn't forfeit a playoff berth. i played for about 10 minutes and was dying. not as easy as you think.

    @erie-dawg said:

    And parents anymore would rather stare at their phones then play catch with their kids.

    agree 100%. thanks you madden playing assholes.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Are the Moms with the Mini Vans with Children from 5-12 also thinking, Less likely of injuries in soccer than Baseballs thrown by kids below age of 12?? Some Parents choose to wussify kids these days and possible flow chart has got to be out there..

    Football is a collision sport

    Soccer is a contact sport

    Baseball is a "maybe there is some light contact, and anything big is generally an accident, like two outfielders running into each other, or a wild pitch"

    I am not sure how you could list baseball as more physical than soccer...

    @mld-woody said:

    Football is a collision sport

    Soccer is a contact sport

    Baseball is a "maybe there is some light contact, and anything big is generally an accident, like two outfielders running into each other, or a wild pitch"

    I am not sure how you could list baseball as more physical than soccer...

    Lets not over Die sect this (and every statement). KIDS 5-12. Ever accidently been hit By a Baseball that a young Kid usually can't control at that Age. Now try a Soccer ball, the physicality part usually comes at later years. When THEY drive Mini Vans with there own Kids or Jr. High 😉 Some parents with YOUNG children Wussify there child's activities when it comes to sports.. Done and GO BROWNS. WOOF WOOF !!

  • I was at a little league round robin(Tris Speaker league)...maybe 75-76ish.....at JCU ball fields(all dorms now)....and 10 yr pitcher takes one back straight to the chest...dead instantly....no shit....

    Though...after 12 years of meets, touring and training with my daughter....I gotta say the most dangerous sport for kids is gymnastics....hands down....I watched her smash into wood beams, vaults and fall 10 to12 feet on a daily basis....regularly injured....and just get up and do it again......over and over and over.......brutal brutal shit and tons of pain just to learn this stuff and get through practice.....

    She was way WAY tougher than her football playing boy friend....

  • Check with the administrators, maybe they will add a forum for soccer, possibly combined with hairdressing and home decorating.

    WSS