Erving at T?
-
You know there are not many 6'6 centers in the league. Especially if that little person Johnny M. is playing QB. Could be an issue. cd
******************************************************************
How many centers have you seen playing standing straight up?
You know there are not many 6'6 centers in the league. Especially if that little person Johnny M. is playing QB. Could be an issue. cd
******************************************************************
How many centers have you seen playing standing straight up?
Who's taller a 6'6 center bent over to maybe 6'1, or a 6'1 center bent over to maybe 5'9? It's all the same bro. Johnny stands 5'11 on a good day with shoes. Still might be an issue.
Also physics says when two objects collide from diferent directions, they will either stand up, or sink down which is what happens a lot when pass blocking.
-
I don't know why people insist on exaggerating in order to tear a guy down when the facts are solid and well established. Johnny is 5'11 3/4". That was measured at the combine where I believe they go barefoot.
I do agree a 6'6" center could be an issue.
-
I think the one big piece we were missing last year on the oline was a super sub. When Mack went down, well you all saw it too.
I think McQuistan was supposed to be said super sub. But he sucked donkey dick.
So if l were a betting man that's how l would bet Cam starts his pro career, as a non donkey dick sucking super sub.
Say that 3 times real fast.
-
it's gotta be nice to have new toys to play with...
had Mack not gone down, who believes we still go 7-9 last year?
we lost Buster Skreene, Jordan Cameron, Atyba Rubin...who else? bess? fuck that asshole he's addition by subtraction, as is losing V.2014 afraid-to-stand-up-to-his-peers-formerly-elite-currently-knuckleheaded josh "grand bastard flash" gordon.
returning healthy we get back a trim, toned and svelte (and no doubt rock effing solid) Alex Mack, Tashaun ballhawk Gipson, a perpetually underachieving Phil Taylor who just might FINALLY live up to his draft status, Killer K'uan Williams...
rookies are now vets. hell even last year's #1 pick might show me enough to get his name typed out this year (if ur reading this u don't even deserve being typed lower case yet homey! GET IT THE FUCK TOGETHER, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! that's 11 exclamation points bro, and i meant em all! make me buy ur fuckin jersey, dick!)
in my opinion, we just had one of the best drafts since the return. yet to be seen, but maybe THE best. i absolutely loved it.
bottom line, and this isn't just on paper, they are a better team today than they were a month ago. even w a "?" at TE.
and whether it's versatility, talent, or simply bein a non donkey dick sucking super sub, Cam Erving has a lot to do with solving the puzzle.
-
I don't know why people insist on exaggerating in order to tear a guy down when the facts are solid and well established. Johnny is 5'11 3/4". That was measured at the combine where I believe they go barefoot.
I do agree a 6'6" center could be an issue.
I don't know why people insist on exaggerating in order to tear a guy down when the facts are solid and well established. Johnny is 5'11 3/4". That was measured at the combine where I believe they go barefoot.
Wouldn't folks inclined to exaggerate say he's taller than he is?
-
You can't exaggerate on the other side?
-
You can't exaggerate on the other side?
you mean like calling him a midget, an elf or a muppet?
-
I don't care about that so much as using actual figures that are demonstrably false.
-
midget, fidget or fadget..... this is his make or break year. if the coaches and FO don't see that he can play at the NFL level (in practice) then he'll prob be a 5' 113/4" not-worthy-of-much trade piece after the season.
-
I don't care about that so much as using actual figures that are demonstrably false.
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games. If Johnny can do that and win, more power to him. If he can ONLY play good QB by staying clean and sober, yes, that is what I would want. But if the opposite is true, that is fine with me.
Right now, honestly, I don't think any Browns fan should have any skin in the Johnny Manziel game. He should essentially be viewed as a Taxi Squad player that may or may not have some future value. No Browns fan should place any faith or reliability in the teams future on him. If he makes it, great. If not....he is just another of the litany of QBs that can go elsewhere and fail as badly in those places as he did here. (after all....name ONE of all those 22 starting QBs that left here to have a viable career.....none did. Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.
We have about as much future it seems with Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis as with this guy.
Call us when he does anything.
-
I don't care about that so much as using actual figures that are demonstrably false.
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games. If Johnny can do that and win, more power to him. If he can ONLY play good QB by staying clean and sober, yes, that is what I would want. But if the opposite is true, that is fine with me.
Right now, honestly, I don't think any Browns fan should have any skin in the Johnny Manziel game. He should essentially be viewed as a Taxi Squad player that may or may not have some future value. No Browns fan should place any faith or reliability in the teams future on him. If he makes it, great. If not....he is just another of the litany of QBs that can go elsewhere and fail as badly in those places as he did here. (after all....name ONE of all those 22 starting QBs that left here to have a viable career.....none did. Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.
We have about as much future it seems with Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis as with this guy.
Call us when he does anything.
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games.
How many football games did Mickey Mantle win?
-
I don't care about that so much as using actual figures that are demonstrably false.
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games. If Johnny can do that and win, more power to him. If he can ONLY play good QB by staying clean and sober, yes, that is what I would want. But if the opposite is true, that is fine with me.
Right now, honestly, I don't think any Browns fan should have any skin in the Johnny Manziel game. He should essentially be viewed as a Taxi Squad player that may or may not have some future value. No Browns fan should place any faith or reliability in the teams future on him. If he makes it, great. If not....he is just another of the litany of QBs that can go elsewhere and fail as badly in those places as he did here. (after all....name ONE of all those 22 starting QBs that left here to have a viable career.....none did. Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.
We have about as much future it seems with Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis as with this guy.
Call us when he does anything.
Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.
PoG is grabbing at his chest right now....
How many football games did Mickey Mantle win?
LOL
-
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games.
How many football games did Mickey Mantle win?
How many football games did Mickey Mantle win?
As you might expect The Mick was a great football player as well...but gave it up. Here is the wiki quote on his football career:
Mantle was an all-around athlete at Commerce High School, playing basketball as well as football (he was offered a football scholarship by the University of Oklahoma) in addition to his first love, baseball. His football playing nearly ended his athletic career, and indeed his life. Kicked in the left shin during a practice game during his sophomore year, Mantle's left ankle soon became infected with osteomyelitis, a crippling disease that was incurable just a few years earlier. A midnight drive to Tulsa, Oklahomaenabled him to be treated with newly available penicillin, saving his swollen left leg from amputation.[7]
-
How many football games did Mickey Mantle win?
As you might expect The Mick was a great football player as well...but gave it up. Here is the wiki quote on his football career:
Mantle was an all-around athlete at Commerce High School, playing basketball as well as football (he was offered a football scholarship by the University of Oklahoma) in addition to his first love, baseball. His football playing nearly ended his athletic career, and indeed his life. Kicked in the left shin during a practice game during his sophomore year, Mantle's left ankle soon became infected with osteomyelitis, a crippling disease that was incurable just a few years earlier. A midnight drive to Tulsa, Oklahomaenabled him to be treated with newly available penicillin, saving his swollen left leg from amputation.[7]
As you might expect The Mick was a great football player as well...but gave it up. Here is the wiki quote on his football career:
Mantle was an all-around athlete at Commerce High School, playing basketball as well as football (he was offered a football scholarship by the University of Oklahoma) in addition to his first love, baseball. His football playing nearly ended his athletic career, and indeed his life. Kicked in the left shin during a practice game during his sophomore year, Mantle's left ankle soon became infected with osteomyelitis, a crippling disease that was incurable just a few years earlier. A midnight drive to Tulsa, Oklahomaenabled him to be treated with newly available penicillin, saving his swollen left leg from amputation.[7]
Im sure he was quite the football player but would seem that he won even less football games in the NFL than Colt McCoy!


-
As you might expect The Mick was a great football player as well...but gave it up. Here is the wiki quote on his football career:
Mantle was an all-around athlete at Commerce High School, playing basketball as well as football (he was offered a football scholarship by the University of Oklahoma) in addition to his first love, baseball. His football playing nearly ended his athletic career, and indeed his life. Kicked in the left shin during a practice game during his sophomore year, Mantle's left ankle soon became infected with osteomyelitis, a crippling disease that was incurable just a few years earlier. A midnight drive to Tulsa, Oklahomaenabled him to be treated with newly available penicillin, saving his swollen left leg from amputation.[7]
Im sure he was quite the football player but would seem that he won even less football games in the NFL than Colt McCoy!


-
You can't exaggerate on the other side?
Probably.... but to avoid confusion that should be called "de-aggerate".
-
Do Schwartz or Greco play any center? I'm assuming this guy means Erving is playing those spots exclusively ie. no center, which is odd.
Do Schwartz or Greco play any center? I'm assuming this guy means Erving is playing those spots exclusively ie. no center, which is odd.
ERrving would be the #1 back-up at center and LT...the thinking is for him to start at RT and move Schwartz inside. The Browns want him to play this year. Mack is the center.
-
I would envision the starting 5 to be Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Erving.
Possibilities due to injury:
If Thomas is injured: Erving, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz
If Mack is injured: Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, Schwartz
If Thomas and Mack are injured: Bitonio, Schwartz, Erving, Greco, Bowie
If Bitonio is injured: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Schwartz, Erving
If Greco is injured: Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Schwartz, Erving
If Bitonio and Greco are injured: Thomas, Erving, Mack, Schwartz, Bowie
If Erving is injured: Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwarz
If Thomas, Bitonio, and Mack are injured: Forfeit
-
I would envision the starting 5 to be Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Erving.
Possibilities due to injury:
If Thomas is injured: Erving, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz
If Mack is injured: Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, Schwartz
If Thomas and Mack are injured: Bitonio, Schwartz, Erving, Greco, Bowie
If Bitonio is injured: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Schwartz, Erving
If Greco is injured: Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Schwartz, Erving
If Bitonio and Greco are injured: Thomas, Erving, Mack, Schwartz, Bowie
If Erving is injured: Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwarz
If Thomas, Bitonio, and Mack are injured: Forfeit
Possibilities due to injury:
If Thomas, Bitonio, and Mack are injured: Forfeit
yeah, that could get pretty ugly.
-
I don't care about that so much as using actual figures that are demonstrably false.
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
But, honestly, I don't care. He is not my friend or family and I don't care if he goes to bars and boozes it up.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath went to bars and boozed it up.....and they won football games. If Johnny can do that and win, more power to him. If he can ONLY play good QB by staying clean and sober, yes, that is what I would want. But if the opposite is true, that is fine with me.
Right now, honestly, I don't think any Browns fan should have any skin in the Johnny Manziel game. He should essentially be viewed as a Taxi Squad player that may or may not have some future value. No Browns fan should place any faith or reliability in the teams future on him. If he makes it, great. If not....he is just another of the litany of QBs that can go elsewhere and fail as badly in those places as he did here. (after all....name ONE of all those 22 starting QBs that left here to have a viable career.....none did. Colt McCoy has had a few starts, that's it. He can join McCoy/Frye/Quinn/Weeden/etc. etc. etc. on the pine.
We have about as much future it seems with Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis as with this guy.
Call us when he does anything.
I hear Johnny was seen back in bars over the weekend. Reported on local radio.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login