Power 5 realignment
-
First, stop citing results in a discussion about attendance. Second, if If they're actually getting 44K then fine, that's adequate, but they're not. Name another P5 team that would do this for a CONFERENCE game, ESPECIALLY with all the success they've had:

-
Its halftime, its Texas. Everybody's gone for a beer. Nothing unusual about that look.
Show me a photo in the middle of the 4th quarter where it is 10-10.
-
They don't sell beer at the games. Stadium food/drinks are very unpopular down here since they're terrible and you can load up at the tailgate. I'll see if I can find the game on YouTube and take a screenshot later in the game.
-
If it helps, I think this is that game
-
Yeah I have a bunch of awesome 4th quarter, 7-point game, screenshots of the teams on the sideline and the front 3 rows that they're showing are all virtually empty. I don't know why Patterson shows the school so much loyalty when they're clearly not reciprocating it. He would be the best hire any school could make, yet no one's been able to.
Then again some guys just do better at the smaller schools. A big chunk of big time coaching is egos management. No one knows whether Patterson is worth a darn or not in that department.
-
Yeah I have a bunch of awesome 4th quarter, 7-point game, screenshots of the teams on the sideline and the front 3 rows that they're showing are all virtually empty. I don't know why Patterson shows the school so much loyalty when they're clearly not reciprocating it. He would be the best hire any school could make, yet no one's been able to.
Then again some guys just do better at the smaller schools. A big chunk of big time coaching is egos management. No one knows whether Patterson is worth a darn or not in that department.
Yeah I have a bunch of awesome 4th quarter, 7-point game, screenshots of the teams on the sideline and the front 3 rows that they're showing are all virtually empty. I don't know why Patterson shows the school so much loyalty when they're clearly not reciprocating it. He would be the best hire any school could make, yet no one's been able to.
Then again some guys just do better at the smaller schools. A big chunk of big time coaching is egos management. No one knows whether Patterson is worth a darn or not in that department.
See: Saban, Nick.
-
Very, very good at it.
-
Additional note: East Carolina average attendance for the last 5 years fluctuated between 45-50K
NC State averages about 53K
NC's average was 51,500
Wake about 28,000
Duke about 26,000.
So, attendance/competitive wise, ECU is NOT the weak sister in that state of FBS programs, not at all.
Additional note: East Carolina average attendance for the last 5 years fluctuated between 45-50K
NC State averages about 53K
NC's average was 51,500
Wake about 28,000
Duke about 26,000.
So, attendance/competitive wise, ECU is NOT the weak sister in that state of FBS programs, not at all.
I like the idea of ECU in the SEC. They are almost the bully of the state as it is.....give them the ability to recruit kids as a SEC school, ECU would own the recruiting in North Carolina and bully up real quick..
-
Additional note: East Carolina average attendance for the last 5 years fluctuated between 45-50K
NC State averages about 53K
NC's average was 51,500
Wake about 28,000
Duke about 26,000.
So, attendance/competitive wise, ECU is NOT the weak sister in that state of FBS programs, not at all.
I like the idea of ECU in the SEC. They are almost the bully of the state as it is.....give them the ability to recruit kids as a SEC school, ECU would own the recruiting in North Carolina and bully up real quick..
I like the idea of ECU in the SEC. They are almost the bully of the state as it is.....give them the ability to recruit kids as a SEC school, ECU would own the recruiting in North Carolina and bully up real quick..
I don't know if ECU plays NC, NS St., Duke, Wake....but if they do I suggest they do very well against them. My idea is for the SEC to expand into NC....but not take away any of the current NC schools away from the ACC. ECU could be a fit.
-
They will pick one off from the ACC.
-
They will pick one off from the ACC.
Why? You already said that Fla. would veto FSU. That SC would veto Clemson.
I think the only one that might make the jump is NC St. How about you? They may not like playing third fiddle to Duke/NC...in basketball at least. I don't think NC St. feels the same about their role in football versus those other two.
-
Right. Won't be FSU or Clemson. One of the NC schools and/or one of the Virginia schools.
-
Right. Won't be FSU or Clemson. One of the NC schools and/or one of the Virginia schools.
Right. Won't be FSU or Clemson. One of the NC schools and/or one of the Virginia schools.
I doubt it would be Virginia....but it could be Va A&M (Tech). They have kind of actually moved all over. From the Southern to the Big East to the ACC they have been somewhat nomadic. If they saw more prestige and more money, sure, they might jump.
(but...as noted, the ACC dominated the SEC this past year.....so it could be argued that they would be making a lateral move at best in terms of overall football competition)
-
Virginia would probably stick its nose up at SEC academics. VT is fine. Better cultural fit anyway. At least that's what I've heard.
Yes they should make a 30-50 year decision based on the results of 1 year....
-
I don't think anyone believes the ACC will be even with the SEC any time soon
-
I don't think anyone believes the ACC will be even with the SEC any time soon
Last year they weren't even....they were better. In terms of head to head matchups. (so....maybe you are right.....just not in the way you thought you were right.)
-
Virginia would probably stick its nose up at SEC academics. VT is fine. Better cultural fit anyway. At least that's what I've heard.
Yes they should make a 30-50 year decision based on the results of 1 year....
Virginia would probably stick its nose up at SEC academics. VT is fine. Better cultural fit anyway. At least that's what I've heard.
Yes they should make a 30-50 year decision based on the results of 1 year....
OK, what does that mean "better cultural fit". Though I kinda think I know what you need to explain that one to me needs further explanation.
-
I don't think anyone believes the ACC will be even with the SEC any time soon
Last year they weren't even....they were better. In terms of head to head matchups. (so....maybe you are right.....just not in the way you thought you were right.)
Last year they weren't even....they were better. In terms of head to head matchups. (so....maybe you are right.....just not in the way you thought you were right.)
One year does not make a trend. Go top to bottom across the conferences, the ACC is not currently better.
-
Last year they weren't even....they were better. In terms of head to head matchups. (so....maybe you are right.....just not in the way you thought you were right.)
One year does not make a trend. Go top to bottom across the conferences, the ACC is not currently better.
One year does not make a trend. Go top to bottom across the conferences, the ACC is not currently better.
The bottom of the SEC is as bad as any other conference on a regular basis. Some years, their top is better.
-
Our top is deeper. Our middle is better. Come on Gip, you're better than that Bob Stoops "Kentucky sucks, ergo the SEC sucks" logic.
Va Tech is just rowdier, less pretentious, a little more rural, etc. But that's just what I've heard. I don't actually know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login