Skip to content

All Time NFL Team from your favorite College

The Browns Board
70 13 2.0k
  • Since I've been following it closely:

    QB: Johnny

    RB: Cyrus Gray (though I remember the Toombs days and he was better)

    FB: Jorvorskie Lane

    WR: Evans, Swope, Jeff Fuller

    TE-They have all sucked quite a bit

    OT: Joeckel, Matthews

    OG: Jarvis Harrison, Cedric Ogbuehi (started 2 years here)

    😄 Lewis

    DE: Damontre Moore, Myles Garrett (chalk it up already!)

    DT: Spencer Nealy, Tony Jerod-Eddie

    OLB: Von

    ILB: Johnathan Stewart

    OLB: Sean Porter

    CB: Coryell Judie? Idk. They've all been average.

    S: Steven Terrell. Rest terrible.

    K: Randy Bullock

    P: Josh Lambo

  • Need a Pitt team

  • The aggie (JFF) fans were only a problem until JFF shit the bed last season. Most of the fanboys left after that happened. The Aggies who stuck around have tempered their expectations on Manziel and have an optimistic "show me" approach which is far more palatable than "John Football has a 20 pound hang-down and is going to drop a steaming load on any defense who dare oppose him"

  • How many Aggies joined the board after the 2014 draft? Lots of animosity for them. Always wondered if it was pre-existing before I got here or if I'm the cause.

    @wargograw said:

    How many Aggies joined the board after the 2014 draft? Lots of animosity for them. Always wondered if it was pre-existing before I got here or if I'm the cause.

    For me, it is three things:

    1) The NCAA Football cover vote with Denard vs Swope. God, Aggie fans were annoying. That was my first experience with them.

    2) Anyone that is an "SEC fan". Ugh.

    3) Then the JF dick sucking immediately after we drafted him. That pushed a lot of people over the edge.

  • Johnny? How?

    Wouldn't you at least pick Tannehill?

  • I thought that Toledo had another guy that played QB that was decent besides Gradkowski. Whom might I be thinking of?

    (or maybe he was good in college but did not quite make it as a pro)

  • That is another Greg Lloyd right? Not the former Steeler LB?

  • Need a Pitt team

    @wargograw said:

    Need a Pitt team

    Find a Pitt grad to do it.

  • Where is your list Dude?

  • QB: Brian Hoyer

  • Johnny? How?

    Wouldn't you at least pick Tannehill?

    @mld-woody said:

    Johnny? How?

    Wouldn't you at least pick Tannehill?

    Yea, I guess I didn't make it clear.....what I wanted was those players from each school that did the best in the Pros....not in college.

    Example....take Ohio St. One of the greatest college performers of all time....only 2X Heisman winner, Archie Griffin.....would not land on the Ohio St. All Pro team.

  • All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

  • I guess we are going to pile them all into one thread...so be it. Here is the All Ohio State Pro team. Though I am not an alum, I have certainly followed them all my life and know them as well as anyone:

    QB Mike Tomsczak

    RB Eddie George

    WR Paul Warfield

    WR Chris Carter

    TE Ricky Dudley (kind of a "Dud" position for the Buckeyes)

    OSPWC: Tom Matte (played RB and QB at times)

    OT: Orlando Pace

    OT: Jim Tyrer

    OG William Roberts

    OG Doug Van Horn

    OC Nick Mangold

    DBs: Dick LeBeau, Jack Tatum, Antoine Winfield, Sean Springs

    DEs: Jim Marshall, Will Smith

    DTs: Bill Willis, Ryan Pickett

    LBs: Randy Gradishar, Chris Spielman, Pepper Johnson, Stan White

    P: Tom Tupa

    K: Lou Groza

    KR: Ted Ginn

    Second Team:

    QB Kent Graham

    RB Robert Smith

    WR Joey Galloway

    WR Dante Lavelli

    TE John Frank

    OSWC Keith Byars

    OT Dick Shafrath

    OT Jim Lachey

    OG Rob Sims

    OG Tim Vogler

    OC Kirk Lowdermilk

    DBs: Nate Clements, Chris Gamble, Tim Fox, Donte Whitner

    DTs Dan Wilkinson, Alonzo Spellman

    DEs: Keith Ferguson, Cameron Heyward

    LBs: Jim Houston, Bob Brudzinski, Mike Vrabel, AJ Hawk

    K: Tim Nugent

    P: Tom Skladany

    KR: Neil Colzie

    Italics: HOF

  • All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

    @mld-woody said:

    All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

  • Here is your pre 1990 Michigan team. Caveat is that the players career must have ended before 1990:

    QB Larry Cipa (all decent Mich QBs have played since 1990)

    RB Ron Johnson

    TE Jim Mandich

    WR John Harden

    WR Jim Smith

    OT John Geisler

    OT Steve Smith

    OG Dan Dierdorf

    OG Tom Mack

    OC John Morrow

    Offensive Wildcard: Elroy Hirsch

    DBs: Dave Brown, Rick Volk, Thom Darden, Randy Logan,

    LBs: John Anderson, Frank Nunley, Mel Owen, Bill Laskey

    DEs: Curtis Greer, Dave Gallagher

    DTs: Tom Keating, Kevin Brooks

    K: Ali Haji Sheikh

    P: Dan Brancken

    KR: Harlan Huckleby

    Italics: HOF

  • @mld-woody said:

    All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

    @the-gipper said:

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I know, I know. But anyone could just look up numbers and post the highest.

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

  • @the-gipper said:

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I know, I know. But anyone could just look up numbers and post the highest.

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

    @mld-woody said:

    @the-gipper said:

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I know, I know. But anyone could just look up numbers and post the highest.

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

    PFR gives you the list of who played.....and you can look and use the "highest" number if you wish....but you don't have to. You can go by your preferred recollection.

    Some schools are more fertile at different positions....take OSU.....not much at QB or OG....but ooutstanding at WR/LB/DB/OT and a few other slots. Its a resource, not a be all end all.

  • All Louisville team

    QB- Johnny Unitas

    RB- Michael Bush

    FB- Ernie Green

    WR- Mark Clayton, Ernest Givens

    WR- Deon Branch, Harry Douglas

    TE- Ibn Green, Gary Barnidge

    OT- Joe Jacoby, Reuben Oben, Bruce Armstrong

    OG- Jason Spitzer, Alex Kupper

    C- Eric Wood

    DE- Elvis Dumerville, Joe Johnson

    DT- Ted Washington, Amobi Okoye

    LB- Tom Jackson, Doug Buffone, Otis Wilson

    CB- Sam Madison, Frank Minnifield, Ray Buchanan

    FS- Kerry Rhodes

    SS- Calvin Pryor

  • Technically, Ernie Green played Halfback for the Browns.....but in reality, he was a prime blocking back and in today's terms he would be considered perhaps a Fullback....or something H-back whatever.

  • Penn State 47 Man:

    QB Kerry Collins (2 Pro Bowls) / Milt Plum 2 / Jeff Hostetler 1

    FB Richie Anderson 1/ Michael Robinson 1

    RB Franco Harris 9 /Lenny Moore 7 /Lydell Mitchell 3 / Curt Warner 3

    WR1 Bobby Engram/ Joe Jurevicius

    WR2 OJ McDuffie/ Jimmy Cefalo / Dick Hoak 1

    TE Mickey Shuler 2/ Ted Kwalick 3

    T Stew Barber 5/ Keith Dorney 1/ Kareem Mackenzie/ Brad Benson 1

    G Mike Munchak 9 / Steve Wisnewski 8 / Marco Rivera 3

    C Jeff Hartings 2 / Tom Rafferty

    DT Rosey Grier 2/ Mike Reid 2 / Tim Johnson

    DE Tamba Hali 4 / Bruce Clark 1 / Mike Hartenstein

    ILB Matt Millen 1 / Shane Conlan 3 / Navorro Bowman 2 / Lance Mehl 1

    OLB Jack Ham 8 / Dave Robinson 3 / Cameron Wake 4 / Lavar Arrington 3

    S Mike Zordick / Darren Perry / Kim Herring / Harry Hamilton

    CB David Macklin / Paul Lankford

    K Matt Bahr

    P Greg Montgomery 1

    Offense: We're going to run the ball a lot. Great stable of running backs behind an awesome interior offensive line, but we have some clutch receivers for Collins to throw to as well. So much depth at RB that I moved Hoak out to flanker, and Lenny Moore will be third-down back and all-around headache.

    Defense: Linebacker U ... Standouts like Ralph Baker, Paul Pusluszny, Rich Milot, Andre Collins and Greg Buttle got left off the roster, and there is an old-timer, Chuck Drazenovich, that probably belongs on the roster, but i don't know much about him, 4 pro bowls. Strong up front, and solid safeties, but apparently Joe Pa didn't produce too many cornerbacks, I only found two solid starters, we will utilize the safeties to do some press coverage, but hopefully our front seven will be so fierce we can hide our weakness in the secondary.