Skip to content

All Time NFL Team from your favorite College

The Browns Board
70 13 2.0k
  • Need a Pitt team

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @wargograw said:

    Need a Pitt team

    Find a Pitt grad to do it.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Where is your list Dude?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #29

    QB: Brian Hoyer

  • Johnny? How?

    Wouldn't you at least pick Tannehill?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mld-woody said:

    Johnny? How?

    Wouldn't you at least pick Tannehill?

    Yea, I guess I didn't make it clear.....what I wanted was those players from each school that did the best in the Pros....not in college.

    Example....take Ohio St. One of the greatest college performers of all time....only 2X Heisman winner, Archie Griffin.....would not land on the Ohio St. All Pro team.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #31

    All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #32

    I guess we are going to pile them all into one thread...so be it. Here is the All Ohio State Pro team. Though I am not an alum, I have certainly followed them all my life and know them as well as anyone:

    QB Mike Tomsczak

    RB Eddie George

    WR Paul Warfield

    WR Chris Carter

    TE Ricky Dudley (kind of a "Dud" position for the Buckeyes)

    OSPWC: Tom Matte (played RB and QB at times)

    OT: Orlando Pace

    OT: Jim Tyrer

    OG William Roberts

    OG Doug Van Horn

    OC Nick Mangold

    DBs: Dick LeBeau, Jack Tatum, Antoine Winfield, Sean Springs

    DEs: Jim Marshall, Will Smith

    DTs: Bill Willis, Ryan Pickett

    LBs: Randy Gradishar, Chris Spielman, Pepper Johnson, Stan White

    P: Tom Tupa

    K: Lou Groza

    KR: Ted Ginn

    Second Team:

    QB Kent Graham

    RB Robert Smith

    WR Joey Galloway

    WR Dante Lavelli

    TE John Frank

    OSWC Keith Byars

    OT Dick Shafrath

    OT Jim Lachey

    OG Rob Sims

    OG Tim Vogler

    OC Kirk Lowdermilk

    DBs: Nate Clements, Chris Gamble, Tim Fox, Donte Whitner

    DTs Dan Wilkinson, Alonzo Spellman

    DEs: Keith Ferguson, Cameron Heyward

    LBs: Jim Houston, Bob Brudzinski, Mike Vrabel, AJ Hawk

    K: Tim Nugent

    P: Tom Skladany

    KR: Neil Colzie

    Italics: HOF

  • All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #33

    @mld-woody said:

    All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Here is your pre 1990 Michigan team. Caveat is that the players career must have ended before 1990:

    QB Larry Cipa (all decent Mich QBs have played since 1990)

    RB Ron Johnson

    TE Jim Mandich

    WR John Harden

    WR Jim Smith

    OT John Geisler

    OT Steve Smith

    OG Dan Dierdorf

    OG Tom Mack

    OC John Morrow

    Offensive Wildcard: Elroy Hirsch

    DBs: Dave Brown, Rick Volk, Thom Darden, Randy Logan,

    LBs: John Anderson, Frank Nunley, Mel Owen, Bill Laskey

    DEs: Curtis Greer, Dave Gallagher

    DTs: Tom Keating, Kevin Brooks

    K: Ali Haji Sheikh

    P: Dan Brancken

    KR: Harlan Huckleby

    Italics: HOF

  • @mld-woody said:

    All one thread now? Geez... I miss being special... 🙁

    (and I will eventually do this. I've just been busy. Plus, I don't know much about Wolverines in the NFL pre-90s)

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I know, I know. But anyone could just look up numbers and post the highest.

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

  • @the-gipper said:

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I know, I know. But anyone could just look up numbers and post the highest.

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mld-woody said:

    @the-gipper said:

    there is a simple resource for this: PFR...."schools".

    I know, I know. But anyone could just look up numbers and post the highest.

    I Will help you out with your "pre 1990 Wolverine team"

    PFR gives you the list of who played.....and you can look and use the "highest" number if you wish....but you don't have to. You can go by your preferred recollection.

    Some schools are more fertile at different positions....take OSU.....not much at QB or OG....but ooutstanding at WR/LB/DB/OT and a few other slots. Its a resource, not a be all end all.

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #37

    All Louisville team

    QB- Johnny Unitas

    RB- Michael Bush

    FB- Ernie Green

    WR- Mark Clayton, Ernest Givens

    WR- Deon Branch, Harry Douglas

    TE- Ibn Green, Gary Barnidge

    OT- Joe Jacoby, Reuben Oben, Bruce Armstrong

    OG- Jason Spitzer, Alex Kupper

    C- Eric Wood

    DE- Elvis Dumerville, Joe Johnson

    DT- Ted Washington, Amobi Okoye

    LB- Tom Jackson, Doug Buffone, Otis Wilson

    CB- Sam Madison, Frank Minnifield, Ray Buchanan

    FS- Kerry Rhodes

    SS- Calvin Pryor

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Technically, Ernie Green played Halfback for the Browns.....but in reality, he was a prime blocking back and in today's terms he would be considered perhaps a Fullback....or something H-back whatever.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Penn State 47 Man:

    QB Kerry Collins (2 Pro Bowls) / Milt Plum 2 / Jeff Hostetler 1

    FB Richie Anderson 1/ Michael Robinson 1

    RB Franco Harris 9 /Lenny Moore 7 /Lydell Mitchell 3 / Curt Warner 3

    WR1 Bobby Engram/ Joe Jurevicius

    WR2 OJ McDuffie/ Jimmy Cefalo / Dick Hoak 1

    TE Mickey Shuler 2/ Ted Kwalick 3

    T Stew Barber 5/ Keith Dorney 1/ Kareem Mackenzie/ Brad Benson 1

    G Mike Munchak 9 / Steve Wisnewski 8 / Marco Rivera 3

    C Jeff Hartings 2 / Tom Rafferty

    DT Rosey Grier 2/ Mike Reid 2 / Tim Johnson

    DE Tamba Hali 4 / Bruce Clark 1 / Mike Hartenstein

    ILB Matt Millen 1 / Shane Conlan 3 / Navorro Bowman 2 / Lance Mehl 1

    OLB Jack Ham 8 / Dave Robinson 3 / Cameron Wake 4 / Lavar Arrington 3

    S Mike Zordick / Darren Perry / Kim Herring / Harry Hamilton

    CB David Macklin / Paul Lankford

    K Matt Bahr

    P Greg Montgomery 1

    Offense: We're going to run the ball a lot. Great stable of running backs behind an awesome interior offensive line, but we have some clutch receivers for Collins to throw to as well. So much depth at RB that I moved Hoak out to flanker, and Lenny Moore will be third-down back and all-around headache.

    Defense: Linebacker U ... Standouts like Ralph Baker, Paul Pusluszny, Rich Milot, Andre Collins and Greg Buttle got left off the roster, and there is an old-timer, Chuck Drazenovich, that probably belongs on the roster, but i don't know much about him, 4 pro bowls. Strong up front, and solid safeties, but apparently Joe Pa didn't produce too many cornerbacks, I only found two solid starters, we will utilize the safeties to do some press coverage, but hopefully our front seven will be so fierce we can hide our weakness in the secondary.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I have always contended that Ohio State actually has produced more better LBs than PSU has.

    PSU has Ham, Conlan, Robinson, Millen, Bowman, Baker, Arrington, Poslusny and some others

    OSU has had Gradishar, Spielman, Pepper, Stan White, Vrabel, Laurenitis, Hawk, Brudzinski, Houston, Diggs, Cousineau and others

    The one other school that could contest PSU/OSU is probably USC with the likes of Seau, Matthews/Matthews, Rod Martin, Tatupu, Chip Banks, Maualauga, Del Rio, Cushing, Duane Bickett and some others.

    Any other schools? Illinois may not have quantity, but they had quality producing both Butkus and Nitschke.

    Who else?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #41

    We have a good list from the 70s on. I'd have to double check their NFL production. Our best LB ever had to leave the NFL after just a few years due to injuries, but he was the league's tackle leader in that span.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    In this light, we could do: Best school at producing which position:

    Running backs? Syracuse has had an historical top spot: JB, Csonka, Floyd Little. All HOF.

    USC of course, with OJ, Gifford, Marcus Allen etc.

    QBs? Alabama has to be looked at: Starr, Namath, Stabler, Richard Todd. Miami's Big Three is pretty good: Vinny, Kelly, Bernie

    Purdue has to be considered: Griese, Dawson, Everett, Brees, Jeff George, Orton, Danielson, even Phipps.

    WR? Ohio State doesn't take a back seat: 3 HOF: Carter, Lavelli, Warfield.

    What other schools have excelled at producing certain positions?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Texas, Florida, LSU all call themselves DBU. But that was fairly short term.

  • Texas, Florida, LSU all call themselves DBU. But that was fairly short term.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @wargograw said:

    Texas, Florida, LSU all call themselves DBU. But that was fairly short term.

    Ironically, just read an article at NFL . com about who the real DBU is.....here's a link.....GREAT article!!!!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494312/article/which-school-is-db-u-ohio-state-miami-lead-top-contenders

  • T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    The real OSU had arguably the best starter/back up situation at RB with Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas respectively.

  • @wargograw said:

    Texas, Florida, LSU all call themselves DBU. But that was fairly short term.

    Ironically, just read an article at NFL . com about who the real DBU is.....here's a link.....GREAT article!!!!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494312/article/which-school-is-db-u-ohio-state-miami-lead-top-contenders

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mudfly said:

    Ironically, just read an article at NFL . com about who the real DBU is.....here's a link.....GREAT article!!!!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494312/article/which-school-is-db-u-ohio-state-miami-lead-top-contenders

    If you just go by which schools have the most HOF inductees at the DB position, you get a tie between 3 schools with 2 HOFers each:

    Iowa, USC, and Southern

    But, in actuality, what has the most HOF DBs is: the traditional black colleges. Jackson St., Grambling, Southern, Prairie View A&M, Scottsbluff College, Bishop all have HOF players. Of course these schools were in the south...and most of the HOF DBs still come from the time of southern discrimination.

    Today, the guys that may have in earlier times had to go to Grambling or Southern now probably go to Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss etc.