Skip to content

Vince Mayle = Braylon Edwards 2.0 (fixed)

The Browns Board
65 22 3.5k
  • whatever woody.....go ahead and put words in my mouth....

    someone simply asked how fast is he compared to Gordon and I gave him an answer......and NOW we have to haggle some bull shit about where it was timed?....or how some other time somehow supersedes it?......

    Gordon ran 4.53 at his pro day.....Mayle ran 4.52 at his pro day....meaning they are comparable....which was the WHOLE point...

    So why you and Baconhound find issue with that and need to turn it into something else is beyond me....

    fwiw...dude ran a 4.52 and a 4.56....as well as a 4.67.....the 4.67 does NOT mean he cant run 4.52(he did, didnt he)???....and if he CAN run 4.52, does that not mean he has 4.52 speed....?

    So....what exactly is your point?.....that he cant or hasnt run 4.5?......

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mudfly said:

    whatever woody.....go ahead and put words in my mouth....

    someone simply asked how fast is he compared to Gordon and I gave him an answer......and NOW we have to haggle some bull shit about where it was timed?....or how some other time somehow supersedes it?......

    Gordon ran 4.53 at his pro day.....Mayle ran 4.52 at his pro day....meaning they are comparable....which was the WHOLE point...

    So why you and Baconhound find issue with that and need to turn it into something else is beyond me....

    fwiw...dude ran a 4.52 and a 4.56....as well as a 4.67.....the 4.67 does NOT mean he cant run 4.52(he did, didnt he)???....and if he CAN run 4.52, does that not mean he has 4.52 speed....?

    So....what exactly is your point?.....that he cant or hasnt run 4.5?......

    My point was I haven't heard where Gordon ran a 4.67 40, which for a WR is slow.

  • @mudfly said:

    whatever woody.....go ahead and put words in my mouth....

    someone simply asked how fast is he compared to Gordon and I gave him an answer......and NOW we have to haggle some bull shit about where it was timed?....or how some other time somehow supersedes it?......

    Gordon ran 4.53 at his pro day.....Mayle ran 4.52 at his pro day....meaning they are comparable....which was the WHOLE point...

    So why you and Baconhound find issue with that and need to turn it into something else is beyond me....

    fwiw...dude ran a 4.52 and a 4.56....as well as a 4.67.....the 4.67 does NOT mean he cant run 4.52(he did, didnt he)???....and if he CAN run 4.52, does that not mean he has 4.52 speed....?

    So....what exactly is your point?.....that he cant or hasnt run 4.5?......

    My point was I haven't heard where Gordon ran a 4.67 40, which for a WR is slow.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @baconhound said:

    I haven't heard where Gordon ran a 4.67 40

    Thats because he didnt.....

    He ran 4.53, which is 0.01 slower than the 4.52 that Mayle ran.....

  • @baconhound said:

    I haven't heard where Gordon ran a 4.67 40

    Thats because he didnt.....

    He ran 4.53, which is 0.01 slower than the 4.52 that Mayle ran.....

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #33

    @mudfly said:

    Thats because he didnt.....

    He ran 4.53, which is 0.01 slower than the 4.52 that Mayle ran.....

    Well, that's that, Puffy's too slow to play in the NFL. Now if his Boogie Around The Cones time was fast, then maybe, just maybe he could still play.

    Much like the BAtC World Champions: Veikune, Wimbley, Mingo, .......................... 😉

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound
    #34

    I don't have a problem with Mayle just been watching a lot of hoops and baseball and forgot about the "he's our guy rule". Now if we had a WR with Mayle's size and Hawkins speed we'd have someone to get excited about.

    And to be fair Mayle's pro day times were 4.65, 4.52 & 4.56

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Terrelle Pryor=Josh Gordon 2.0?

  • Terrelle Pryor=Josh Gordon 2.0?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @wargograw said:

    Terrelle Pryor=Josh Gordon 2.0?

    I'd say more of a Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates 2.0.

    Could you imagine if both of them (Mayle and Pryor) ended up developing up to that level of hype? Stranger things have happened in the NFL.

  • @wargograw said:

    Terrelle Pryor=Josh Gordon 2.0?

    I'd say more of a Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates 2.0.

    Could you imagine if both of them (Mayle and Pryor) ended up developing up to that level of hype? Stranger things have happened in the NFL.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd say more of a Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates 2.0.

    Another one he kind of reminds me of because of his size and smooth stride is Mike Evans.....though they have the same speed, somehow pryor seems faster and even more elusive once the ball is in his hands...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd say more of a Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates 2.0.

    Another one he kind of reminds me of because of his size and smooth stride is Mike Evans.....though they have the same speed, somehow pryor seems faster and even more elusive once the ball is in his hands...

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mudfly said:

    Another one he kind of reminds me of because of his size and smooth stride is Mike Evans.....though they have the same speed, somehow pryor seems faster and even more elusive once the ball is in his hands...

    Let's not forget the things that actually come with being a receiver - route running, hand catching, occasional blocking, jump ball contesting, things that Evans may have the edge on.

    I'd love for Pryor to magically turn in to an elite receiver, but let's just say I'm reserving judgement.

  • @mudfly said:

    Another one he kind of reminds me of because of his size and smooth stride is Mike Evans.....though they have the same speed, somehow pryor seems faster and even more elusive once the ball is in his hands...

    Let's not forget the things that actually come with being a receiver - route running, hand catching, occasional blocking, jump ball contesting, things that Evans may have the edge on.

    I'd love for Pryor to magically turn in to an elite receiver, but let's just say I'm reserving judgement.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @gftchris said:

    Let's not forget the things that actually come with being a receiver - route running, hand catching, occasional blocking, jump ball contesting, things that Evans may have the edge on.

    I'd love for Pryor to magically turn in to an elite receiver, but let's just say I'm reserving judgement.

    Oh, absolutely.

    I'm willingly suspending all disbelief and assuming he'll learn the nuances of becoming a receiver overnight. A guy can hope.

  • @mudfly said:

    Another one he kind of reminds me of because of his size and smooth stride is Mike Evans.....though they have the same speed, somehow pryor seems faster and even more elusive once the ball is in his hands...

    Let's not forget the things that actually come with being a receiver - route running, hand catching, occasional blocking, jump ball contesting, things that Evans may have the edge on.

    I'd love for Pryor to magically turn in to an elite receiver, but let's just say I'm reserving judgement.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @gftchris said:

    Let's not forget the things that actually come with being a receiver - route running, hand catching, occasional blocking, jump ball contesting, things that Evans may have the edge on.

    I'd love for Pryor to magically turn in to an elite receiver, but let's just say I'm reserving judgement.

    Yeah...me too......Evans definitely has the edge by miles.....just comparing the physical similarities.....

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Oh, absolutely.

    I'm willingly suspending all disbelief and assuming he'll learn the nuances of becoming a receiver overnight.

    A guy can hope.

    Yes, he can....we have no investment in this one, so why not???....you just never know....

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Evans isn't a finesse receiver yet by any means. Didn't even play football until his junior or senior year of high school. What he does is dominate press corners at the line of scrimmage and he knows exactly how much PI he can get away with before he goes up for the catch. I agree Pryor's build is similar, but is he gonna have that kinda mean streak?

  • Evans isn't a finesse receiver yet by any means. Didn't even play football until his junior or senior year of high school. What he does is dominate press corners at the line of scrimmage and he knows exactly how much PI he can get away with before he goes up for the catch. I agree Pryor's build is similar, but is he gonna have that kinda mean streak?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @wargograw said:

    Evans isn't a finesse receiver yet by any means. Didn't even play football until his junior or senior year of high school. What he does is dominate press corners at the line of scrimmage and he knows exactly how much PI he can get away with before he goes up for the catch. I agree Pryor's build is similar, but is he gonna have that kinda mean streak?

    Who knows?... if I had to guess, I dont see Pryor as gritty or having a mean streak.....but, again, I was just making a physical comparison to Evans......not trying to say he has Evans talent or skills as a WR........

    Though....if he can learn the position and make some catches.....then I think he'll have mad skills after the catch....

  • Evans isn't a finesse receiver yet by any means. Didn't even play football until his junior or senior year of high school. What he does is dominate press corners at the line of scrimmage and he knows exactly how much PI he can get away with before he goes up for the catch. I agree Pryor's build is similar, but is he gonna have that kinda mean streak?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @wargograw said:

    Evans ... knows exactly how much PI he can get away with before he goes up for the catch.

    lol... if by the above you mean "pushes off most of the time", then we agree.

    The one thing I saw his rookie season that I did not credit him with at A&M was his body control. His rookie year he made a couple great, twisting catches on his way to the ground...

    ... after pushing off of course...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Yes, and he knows exactly how much he can get away with.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #45

    So Vince Mayle just got cut again. Maybe Farmer doesn't draft WRs because he knows he sucks at it? Either way, good job cutting the losses on that one, I guess it just didn't translate from college to the pros. Now, about Dwayne Bowe...

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Surely we have scouts that dont all suck at it though

  • So Vince Mayle just got cut again. Maybe Farmer doesn't draft WRs because he knows he sucks at it? Either way, good job cutting the losses on that one, I guess it just didn't translate from college to the pros. Now, about Dwayne Bowe...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @gftchris said:

    So Vince Mayle just got cut again. Maybe Farmer doesn't draft WRs because he knows he sucks at it? Either way, good job cutting the losses on that one, I guess it just didn't translate from college to the pros. Now, about Dwayne Bowe...

    Cut again? From where? I hadn't heard that he got picked up anywhere.

  • @gftchris said:

    So Vince Mayle just got cut again. Maybe Farmer doesn't draft WRs because he knows he sucks at it? Either way, good job cutting the losses on that one, I guess it just didn't translate from college to the pros. Now, about Dwayne Bowe...

    Cut again? From where? I hadn't heard that he got picked up anywhere.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @the-gipper said:

    Cut again? From where? I hadn't heard that he got picked up anywhere.

    Dallas picked him up, put him on PS, activated him at the weekend, then cut him today.

  • @gftchris said:

    So Vince Mayle just got cut again. Maybe Farmer doesn't draft WRs because he knows he sucks at it? Either way, good job cutting the losses on that one, I guess it just didn't translate from college to the pros. Now, about Dwayne Bowe...

    Cut again? From where? I hadn't heard that he got picked up anywhere.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #49

    It's funny to look at past optimism...

    @the-gipper said:

    Cut again? From where? I hadn't heard that he got picked up anywhere.

    Dallas. He played in the Patriots game but you wouldn't be table to tell he was even there if you watched it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, let's see, on here he has been compared to Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant and AJ Greene. Are we perhaps going overboard a bit on him? I certainly hope that it would turn out to be that way.

    Watching Mayle tape, What I like, he works to get open than when the ball is up Mayle has the fight of Dez and AJ to go get the damn ball. Compared to Josh long jogging strides, a pleasant site could be on the way with playing time.

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @gumby73 said:

    Watching Mayle tape, What I like, he works to get open than when the ball is up Mayle has the fight of Dez and AJ to go get the damn ball. Compared to Josh long jogging strides, a pleasant site could be on the way with playing time.

    See what you made me do.