Terrelle Pryor Claimed By Browns
-
I don't think Pryor sounds any dumber than Ryan Mallet, or Brett Favre, or Rob Gronkowski, or any number of players from the South who don't speak eloquently. I think he's just not eloquent...that doesn't make him stupid.
Since when is Jeanette Pennsylvania in "The South"? South of Pittsburgh maybe. That is where Pryor is from.
Ya, and Gronk is from Buffalo (and a TE, so who cares) and Bret Favre never sounded dumb to me, so I'm not getting his angle here.
I perceive Johnny M as a smarter guy all around than Pryor, I don't care where they are from.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Ya, and Gronk is from Buffalo (and a TE, so who cares) and Bret Favre never sounded dumb to me, so I'm not getting his angle here.
I perceive Johnny M as a smarter guy all around than Pryor, I don't care where they are from.
Zombo
I agree JFF seems a smarter guy than Pryor, but if smarts were all it took then Stephen Hawking would be playing QB.....but somehow I thinks he lacks a bit of the athleticism needed for the position.

Fair to say?

though...in college he was on the Oxford rowing team...as coxswain.
-
I don't think Pryor sounds any dumber than Ryan Mallet, or Brett Favre, or Rob Gronkowski, or any number of players from the South who don't speak eloquently. I think he's just not eloquent...that doesn't make him stupid.
Since when is Jeanette Pennsylvania in "The South"? South of Pittsburgh maybe. That is where Pryor is from.
Ya, and Gronk is from Buffalo (and a TE, so who cares) and Bret Favre never sounded dumb to me, so I'm not getting his angle here.
I perceive Johnny M as a smarter guy all around than Pryor, I don't care where they are from.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Ya, and Gronk is from Buffalo (and a TE, so who cares) and Bret Favre never sounded dumb to me, so I'm not getting his angle here.
I perceive Johnny M as a smarter guy all around than Pryor, I don't care where they are from.
Zombo
The "any player from the South" is just the fourth item in that list, it wasn't meant to be a summation of the previously listed people.
Brett Favre is literally an example of poor elocution by public figures in college public speaking courses, hence my inclusion of him in the list. Your point was that he "sounds dumb" to you, so he must be a stupid quarterback. My point is that a lot of people are poor speakers or "sound dumb", but that is no reflection on their aptitude in their chosen fields.
Case in point, you don't think Brett Favre sounds stupid, you think that Pryor does. They both scored 22's on the Wonderlic. One is a Hall of Fame QB, the other is a garbage QB. Once again, there's no correlation whatsoever between Wonderlic scores and NFL production, so the whole "Manziel sounds smarter, so he'll be a better quarterback" is a complete fallacy.
-
Zombo said:
Ya, and Gronk is from Buffalo (and a TE, so who cares) and Bret Favre never sounded dumb to me, so I'm not getting his angle here.
I perceive Johnny M as a smarter guy all around than Pryor, I don't care where they are from.
Zombo
The "any player from the South" is just the fourth item in that list, it wasn't meant to be a summation of the previously listed people.
Brett Favre is literally an example of poor elocution by public figures in college public speaking courses, hence my inclusion of him in the list. Your point was that he "sounds dumb" to you, so he must be a stupid quarterback. My point is that a lot of people are poor speakers or "sound dumb", but that is no reflection on their aptitude in their chosen fields.
Case in point, you don't think Brett Favre sounds stupid, you think that Pryor does. They both scored 22's on the Wonderlic. One is a Hall of Fame QB, the other is a garbage QB. Once again, there's no correlation whatsoever between Wonderlic scores and NFL production, so the whole "Manziel sounds smarter, so he'll be a better quarterback" is a complete fallacy.
Your point was that he "sounds dumb" to you, so he must be a stupid quarterback.
I said something along the lines of "just listen to them speak" as one indicator of who was smarter. Manziel comes off as a more intelligent young man. And my judgement on Pryor is just not from listening him speak, but his actions on and of the field. I don't perceive him as a cerebral QB candidate.
And yes, smarts matter. If the athletic ability is similar, I believe the smarter guy has a better chance for success.
Ken Dorsey was really smart, but didn't have the athletic ability. There are tons of guys like that. You HAVE to have the athletic ability.
So once that is established ... once you have a prospect that has the athletic ability to play QB in the NFL, then you look at his other factors ... and intelligence is one of them.
A lot of the premier QBs are pretty sharp guys ... Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers ... probably the best four QBS the past five years, all cerebral. Russell Wilson, came within a cunthair of winning the last two Super Bowls, seems like a real smart dude.
Then you have really great athletes that you figure would have had better NFL careers if their grey matter matched the rest of their skillset ... Vick, Young ... I would add our very own Brandon Weeden to that list. If those guys "got it", they could have been outstanding. Kaepernick is another guy who is no mensa candidate but has the athletic ability to start in the NFL and do pretty good.
It's a factor. It's not the be-all, end-all. But you started this whole thing off with "Tell me again what attributes Manziel has that Pryor doesn't?"
So I'm telling you one ... Manziel seems a lot sharper. And you seem to agree. So that should be that.
Never said you can't be successful NFL QB, if you aren't a real sharp guy ... you can. They're out there. But intelligence is an attribute. And it is an attribute NFL people like to see in QBs. Not really up for debate.
Zombo
-
Your point was that he "sounds dumb" to you, so he must be a stupid quarterback.
I said something along the lines of "just listen to them speak" as one indicator of who was smarter. Manziel comes off as a more intelligent young man. And my judgement on Pryor is just not from listening him speak, but his actions on and of the field. I don't perceive him as a cerebral QB candidate.
And yes, smarts matter. If the athletic ability is similar, I believe the smarter guy has a better chance for success.
Ken Dorsey was really smart, but didn't have the athletic ability. There are tons of guys like that. You HAVE to have the athletic ability.
So once that is established ... once you have a prospect that has the athletic ability to play QB in the NFL, then you look at his other factors ... and intelligence is one of them.
A lot of the premier QBs are pretty sharp guys ... Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers ... probably the best four QBS the past five years, all cerebral. Russell Wilson, came within a cunthair of winning the last two Super Bowls, seems like a real smart dude.
Then you have really great athletes that you figure would have had better NFL careers if their grey matter matched the rest of their skillset ... Vick, Young ... I would add our very own Brandon Weeden to that list. If those guys "got it", they could have been outstanding. Kaepernick is another guy who is no mensa candidate but has the athletic ability to start in the NFL and do pretty good.
It's a factor. It's not the be-all, end-all. But you started this whole thing off with "Tell me again what attributes Manziel has that Pryor doesn't?"
So I'm telling you one ... Manziel seems a lot sharper. And you seem to agree. So that should be that.
Never said you can't be successful NFL QB, if you aren't a real sharp guy ... you can. They're out there. But intelligence is an attribute. And it is an attribute NFL people like to see in QBs. Not really up for debate.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I said something along the lines of "just listen to them speak" as one indicator of who was smarter. Manziel comes off as a more intelligent young man. And my judgement on Pryor is just not from listening him speak, but his actions on and of the field. I don't perceive him as a cerebral QB candidate.
And yes, smarts matter. If the athletic ability is similar, I believe the smarter guy has a better chance for success.
Ken Dorsey was really smart, but didn't have the athletic ability. There are tons of guys like that. You HAVE to have the athletic ability.
So once that is established ... once you have a prospect that has the athletic ability to play QB in the NFL, then you look at his other factors ... and intelligence is one of them.
A lot of the premier QBs are pretty sharp guys ... Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers ... probably the best four QBS the past five years, all cerebral. Russell Wilson, came within a cunthair of winning the last two Super Bowls, seems like a real smart dude.
Then you have really great athletes that you figure would have had better NFL careers if their grey matter matched the rest of their skillset ... Vick, Young ... I would add our very own Brandon Weeden to that list. If those guys "got it", they could have been outstanding. Kaepernick is another guy who is no mensa candidate but has the athletic ability to start in the NFL and do pretty good.
It's a factor. It's not the be-all, end-all. But you started this whole thing off with "Tell me again what attributes Manziel has that Pryor doesn't?"
So I'm telling you one ... Manziel seems a lot sharper. And you seem to agree. So that should be that.
Never said you can't be successful NFL QB, if you aren't a real sharp guy ... you can. They're out there. But intelligence is an attribute. And it is an attribute NFL people like to see in QBs. Not really up for debate.
Zombo
Fair enough.
Smarts do matter, I agree. And Manziel seems to be sharper, I also agree.
-
Zombo said:
I said something along the lines of "just listen to them speak" as one indicator of who was smarter. Manziel comes off as a more intelligent young man. And my judgement on Pryor is just not from listening him speak, but his actions on and of the field. I don't perceive him as a cerebral QB candidate.
And yes, smarts matter. If the athletic ability is similar, I believe the smarter guy has a better chance for success.
Ken Dorsey was really smart, but didn't have the athletic ability. There are tons of guys like that. You HAVE to have the athletic ability.
So once that is established ... once you have a prospect that has the athletic ability to play QB in the NFL, then you look at his other factors ... and intelligence is one of them.
A lot of the premier QBs are pretty sharp guys ... Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers ... probably the best four QBS the past five years, all cerebral. Russell Wilson, came within a cunthair of winning the last two Super Bowls, seems like a real smart dude.
Then you have really great athletes that you figure would have had better NFL careers if their grey matter matched the rest of their skillset ... Vick, Young ... I would add our very own Brandon Weeden to that list. If those guys "got it", they could have been outstanding. Kaepernick is another guy who is no mensa candidate but has the athletic ability to start in the NFL and do pretty good.
It's a factor. It's not the be-all, end-all. But you started this whole thing off with "Tell me again what attributes Manziel has that Pryor doesn't?"
So I'm telling you one ... Manziel seems a lot sharper. And you seem to agree. So that should be that.
Never said you can't be successful NFL QB, if you aren't a real sharp guy ... you can. They're out there. But intelligence is an attribute. And it is an attribute NFL people like to see in QBs. Not really up for debate.
Zombo
Fair enough.
Smarts do matter, I agree. And Manziel seems to be sharper, I also agree.
Fair enough.
Smarts do matter, I agree. And Manziel seems to be sharper, I also agree.
Crap. Who am I going to argue with now?
Maybe I need to unban a few irritants before training camp just for entertaining purposes.
I will list some Barrabbas candidates that we could bring back for another tour of duty and you guys pick the one you want back:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
-
Zombo said:
Ya, and Gronk is from Buffalo (and a TE, so who cares) and Bret Favre never sounded dumb to me, so I'm not getting his angle here.
I perceive Johnny M as a smarter guy all around than Pryor, I don't care where they are from.
Zombo
I agree JFF seems a smarter guy than Pryor, but if smarts were all it took then Stephen Hawking would be playing QB.....but somehow I thinks he lacks a bit of the athleticism needed for the position.

Fair to say?

though...in college he was on the Oxford rowing team...as coxswain.
I agree JFF seems a smarter guy than Pryor, but if smarts were all it took then Stephen Hawking would be playing QB.....but somehow I thinks he lacks a bit of the athleticism needed for the position.

Fair to say?

though...in college he was on the Oxford rowing team...as coxswain.
From Shelton Cooper and the rest of the Braineac staff from The Big Bang Theory. Bozinga D Bone Bozinga on prober usage of Braineac. (Screw spell check).


-
Fair enough.
Smarts do matter, I agree. And Manziel seems to be sharper, I also agree.
Crap. Who am I going to argue with now?
Maybe I need to unban a few irritants before training camp just for entertaining purposes.
I will list some Barrabbas candidates that we could bring back for another tour of duty and you guys pick the one you want back:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
Zombo said:
Crap. Who am I going to argue with now?
Maybe I need to unban a few irritants before training camp just for entertaining purposes.
I will list some Barrabbas candidates that we could bring back for another tour of duty and you guys pick the one you want back:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.
-
Zombo said:
Crap. Who am I going to argue with now?
Maybe I need to unban a few irritants before training camp just for entertaining purposes.
I will list some Barrabbas candidates that we could bring back for another tour of duty and you guys pick the one you want back:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.
Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.
yikes....
Though Id bet Stockton got a 49 on the wonderlick....HA!
-
Zombo said:
Crap. Who am I going to argue with now?
Maybe I need to unban a few irritants before training camp just for entertaining purposes.
I will list some Barrabbas candidates that we could bring back for another tour of duty and you guys pick the one you want back:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.
Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.
Ya, I don't know if Mike H. is interested in coming back and I don't know if we should open that whole can of worms called Retard again ... although with Brian Hoyer gone, what would he talk about?
Zombo
-
Your point was that he "sounds dumb" to you, so he must be a stupid quarterback.
I said something along the lines of "just listen to them speak" as one indicator of who was smarter. Manziel comes off as a more intelligent young man. And my judgement on Pryor is just not from listening him speak, but his actions on and of the field. I don't perceive him as a cerebral QB candidate.
And yes, smarts matter. If the athletic ability is similar, I believe the smarter guy has a better chance for success.
Ken Dorsey was really smart, but didn't have the athletic ability. There are tons of guys like that. You HAVE to have the athletic ability.
So once that is established ... once you have a prospect that has the athletic ability to play QB in the NFL, then you look at his other factors ... and intelligence is one of them.
A lot of the premier QBs are pretty sharp guys ... Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers ... probably the best four QBS the past five years, all cerebral. Russell Wilson, came within a cunthair of winning the last two Super Bowls, seems like a real smart dude.
Then you have really great athletes that you figure would have had better NFL careers if their grey matter matched the rest of their skillset ... Vick, Young ... I would add our very own Brandon Weeden to that list. If those guys "got it", they could have been outstanding. Kaepernick is another guy who is no mensa candidate but has the athletic ability to start in the NFL and do pretty good.
It's a factor. It's not the be-all, end-all. But you started this whole thing off with "Tell me again what attributes Manziel has that Pryor doesn't?"
So I'm telling you one ... Manziel seems a lot sharper. And you seem to agree. So that should be that.
Never said you can't be successful NFL QB, if you aren't a real sharp guy ... you can. They're out there. But intelligence is an attribute. And it is an attribute NFL people like to see in QBs. Not really up for debate.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I said something along the lines of "just listen to them speak" as one indicator of who was smarter. Manziel comes off as a more intelligent young man. And my judgement on Pryor is just not from listening him speak, but his actions on and of the field. I don't perceive him as a cerebral QB candidate.
And yes, smarts matter. If the athletic ability is similar, I believe the smarter guy has a better chance for success.
Ken Dorsey was really smart, but didn't have the athletic ability. There are tons of guys like that. You HAVE to have the athletic ability.
So once that is established ... once you have a prospect that has the athletic ability to play QB in the NFL, then you look at his other factors ... and intelligence is one of them.
A lot of the premier QBs are pretty sharp guys ... Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers ... probably the best four QBS the past five years, all cerebral. Russell Wilson, came within a cunthair of winning the last two Super Bowls, seems like a real smart dude.
Then you have really great athletes that you figure would have had better NFL careers if their grey matter matched the rest of their skillset ... Vick, Young ... I would add our very own Brandon Weeden to that list. If those guys "got it", they could have been outstanding. Kaepernick is another guy who is no mensa candidate but has the athletic ability to start in the NFL and do pretty good.
It's a factor. It's not the be-all, end-all. But you started this whole thing off with "Tell me again what attributes Manziel has that Pryor doesn't?"
So I'm telling you one ... Manziel seems a lot sharper. And you seem to agree. So that should be that.
Never said you can't be successful NFL QB, if you aren't a real sharp guy ... you can. They're out there. But intelligence is an attribute. And it is an attribute NFL people like to see in QBs. Not really up for debate.
Zombo
I always said that if you could have combined the Miami boys traits: Bernie's brains with Vinny's body, you would have had the greatest QB in history. Alas, Bernie's body and arm could not hold up....and Vinny's great arm and athleticism just wasn't matched with a great intellect.
-
Fair enough.
Smarts do matter, I agree. And Manziel seems to be sharper, I also agree.
Crap. Who am I going to argue with now?
Maybe I need to unban a few irritants before training camp just for entertaining purposes.
I will list some Barrabbas candidates that we could bring back for another tour of duty and you guys pick the one you want back:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
Zombo said:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
and larryfine.
those dudes are schmuppets compared to the guys in the political forum. although you get the same result.
nothing.
-
Zombo said:
Naberius_Cerbera
upper lip
ManzielSucks
StocktonShorts
Mike H
Demoted
Orange85
and larryfine.
those dudes are schmuppets compared to the guys in the political forum. although you get the same result.
nothing.
and larryfine.
those dudes are schmuppets compared to the guys in the political forum. although you get the same result.
nothing.
Did Larry Fine get banned? It has been quiet in the complaint department. I didnt see him on the banned list, maybe he just got a timeout.
He seemed to have a big thing for you, any idea who he is/was?
Z
-
and larryfine.
those dudes are schmuppets compared to the guys in the political forum. although you get the same result.
nothing.
Did Larry Fine get banned? It has been quiet in the complaint department. I didnt see him on the banned list, maybe he just got a timeout.
He seemed to have a big thing for you, any idea who he is/was?
Z
Zombo said:
Did Larry Fine get banned? It has been quiet in the complaint department. I didnt see him on the banned list, maybe he just got a timeout.
He seemed to have a big thing for you, any idea who he is/was?
Z
no, but when somebody copies your 'location' and goes on a rampage of responding to every post you make with a 'suck my nuts' response it kinda leans toward a bad case of internet stalking.
after i ignored him he moved on to other prey.
maybe he got hit by a bus? one can only hope…...
-
Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.
yikes....
Though Id bet Stockton got a 49 on the wonderlick....HA!
-
Stockton can wonderlic my balls.
-
If you say his name, he will come. (Don't say his name)
only in pig latin.
ocktonstay ortsshay.
beezlebub. blub. blub. blub.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login