Skip to content

browns board logo for hats…anyone?

The Browns Board
72 16 4.0k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #1

    (if there is some standard set for visual design based on what you have already with this website and you feel like this is imposing on it, please feel free to delete this thread).

    so i'm trying my best to make it to the annual tailgate this year…but my little hobby after retirement biz is actually turning a (big) profit so…..

    one year i gave back by doing some tees. this year i'd like to do some hats. embroidery and all. i know there are some people here that are more gifted than i am when it comes to creating visual art. i want to get some ideas and drafts from people like TCPO and roycerolls. i think ithaka is a graphic artist as well.

    anyone privy to design software let's do a design contest and come up with a 'double B' entwined type logo that would look good on a ball cap. this is all between us and wouldn't be used for anything else of course if the mods here wanted to use it officially.

    let's get the creative juices flowing….

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Sounds awesome! I can't help with design, and won't be at the game but I would like one. I'll pay for it and shipping fees with Paypal. Let me know.............

  • Sounds awesome! I can't help with design, and won't be at the game but I would like one. I'll pay for it and shipping fees with Paypal. Let me know.............

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @d-bone said:

    Sounds awesome! I can't help with design, and won't be at the game but I would like one. I'll pay for it and shipping fees with Paypal. Let me know.............

    well i'm going to donate it to the board so whatever they feel to do afterwards is up to them….

    (but i'll put one aside for you if we get the final OK)

  • @d-bone said:

    Sounds awesome! I can't help with design, and won't be at the game but I would like one. I'll pay for it and shipping fees with Paypal. Let me know.............

    well i'm going to donate it to the board so whatever they feel to do afterwards is up to them….

    (but i'll put one aside for you if we get the final OK)

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @miktoxic said:

    well i'm going to donate it to the board so whatever they feel to do afterwards is up to them….

    (but i'll put one aside for you if we get the final OK)

    You da man 😎

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I can take a crack at it for sure.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Let's fucking do it.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I don't have a creative bone in my body, but would love to buy a Browns Board hat. You don't have anymore of those tees from last year do you Mik?

  • I don't have a creative bone in my body, but would love to buy a Browns Board hat. You don't have anymore of those tees from last year do you Mik?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @comeonman said:

    I don't have a creative bone in my body, but would love to buy a Browns Board hat. You don't have anymore of those tees from last year do you Mik?

    2011 and i'm wearing the shit out of mine. i got giant fans wearing them here.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by gftChris
    #9

    You mean like this?

     

    bbsportsclub.jpg

     

  • You mean like this?

     

    bbsportsclub.jpg

     

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #10

    @gftchris said:

    You mean like this?

     

     

     

    yes chris, like that.

    this is where we pick it apart tho, so let's understand these are up for criticism and let no one get their feelings hurt (sorta like in the real world of design 🙂 )……..

    yeah, myself i like the intertwined letters look of like a baseball logo on the front of a ball cap. with the design you attached however i don't like the typeface. we'll take a look at both serif and sans serif fonts with different color fills and strokes to compliment the color of the hat. after looking at what's available on sale now i might be leaning towards a beanie and color options aren't specifically browns colors. i really like this one here tho:

    204glz.jpg

    it's made by champion so it's got their 'C' logo on it (side). no other color choices for this hat are appropriate as they are basically other team's color schemes or really off like carolina blue and navy etc. i can get a plain brown or orange ball cap for about the same price but it's not the quality of the champion beanie and i figure it's freakin cleveland ohio and it's cold as a witches's tit there in winter time so the beanie would prob be more practical, besides i like not sticking to the norm as far as color is concerned. as long as we're not sporting something with black or gold or something so profoundly another team's color scheme i say let's do that. it'd be a one of a kind original that you couldn't find anywhere else. and i wear beanies all the time over my shaved dome so i know a good one and this one for the price i can get it for now is pretty insane.

    so if i was to get THAT beanie a dark brown wouldn't show up very well on the olive background unless it had a heavy stroke of white. let's throw some stuff together given that pic of the beanie and see what we look like after a couple of rounds of nitpicking 😛 .

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #11

    man what i'm coming up with looks like doodie. i might just stick with a one letter B (orange with white stroke). unless you guys can come up with something. then maybe just write out thebrownsboard on the back. embroidered on a beanie it'd just have to be the B as the small lettering would get lost in the fabric.

    we'll see.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I've been away from my computer but I'll fire up illustrator when I get home.

  • You mean like this?

     

    bbsportsclub.jpg

     

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #13

    @gftchris said:

    You mean like this?

     

    bbsportsclub.jpg

     

    This is too reminiscent of the Boston Red Sox logo....which would not go over. This is the once upon a time proposed helmet logo from the early 60s. Perhaps some modified version of this could work. BB instead of CB...or CBB (Cleveland Browns Board). Just a suggestion.:

    120px-Cleveland_Browns_Temporary_Helmet_

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Other internet images I have found for the Browns.....some official some not. Just for ideas:

    cleveland_browns_01-01.jpgtheone2.png8pXqrf8.png

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    cleveland_browns_03-01_cut.jpg

    You want us all to look real cool.....make your hat a fedora:

    10177300_920518311312555_147776254481651

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #16

    You are talking about color scheme.....how about a two tone beanie:

    518668512_c_570_411.jpg

    I personally still prefer the old pumpkin orange, not the orange orange.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Let's face it.....put anything together if it can look like this:

    clevelandbrownsgirl-victoriamarquez1.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    xQO3K7L.png

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Of course, you can design your beanie to just be like a Browns helmet:

    il_fullxfull.276540070.jpg

    A little less baby ish.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Interesting one here with Superman like logo:

    b9f2838487e5b46a203f10b7a33be358.jpg