Skip to content

Official first training camp notes thread..

The Browns Board
163 25 8.7k
  • I admire Shaw. Here he has Clowney coming after him the whole game.

    22 of 25 passes. Even caught a pass for a TD.

    Took a major hit - didn't slide....

  • Love what I'm hearing about Pryor. His growth and personal time spent with Moss, Brown and coaches will pay dividends.

    edit: I don't suppose anyone has tickets to a weekend training camp? I looked a little late and they're all gone. If anyone has an extra or two, I'd gladly shell you a few

    duckets for them.

  • alrighty then.....Day #1 of camp is officially in the books.....

    todays training camp/Browns Daily notes....highlights....lowlights....

    Haden and Tramon Williams were very sharp and made the O's day very difficult....

    Pryor looked good and caught the ball well....

    Benji also had a very solid day and looks to be giving a lil extra effort....

    More raves for Gabriel too.....

    Mayle struggled with some drops, but still has some lingering discomfort with the thumb...

    Cam Erving working exclusively with 2nd team...Pettine says first team is solid, so he's gotta earn those reps...

    Johnny had a rough 1st day and did not throw the ball well...

    Shaw and McCown looked pretty good....tho McCown and Crow missed on a handoff.....(Crow had a few of these last year too)

    AB spend the whole day on the D line...no LB reps....

    Taylor sat out and did not participate in the conditioning test......hmmmm....

    Mack is taking full reps and looking fine......πŸ™‚

    And....so went day #1.....πŸ™‚

    @mudfly said:

    alrighty then.....Day #1 of camp is officially in the books.....

    todays training camp/Browns Daily notes....highlights....lowlights....

    Haden and Tramon Williams were very sharp and made the O's day very difficult....

    Pryor looked good and caught the ball well....

    Benji also had a very solid day and looks to be giving a lil extra effort....

    More raves for Gabriel too.....

    Mayle struggled with some drops, but still has some lingering discomfort with the thumb...

    Cam Erving working exclusively with 2nd team...Pettine says first team is solid, so he's gotta earn those reps...

    Johnny had a rough 1st day and did not throw the ball well...

    Shaw and McCown looked pretty good....tho McCown and Crow missed on a handoff.....(Crow had a few of these last year too)

    AB spend the whole day on the D line...no LB reps....

    Taylor sat out and did not participate in the conditioning test......hmmmm....

    Mack is taking full reps and looking fine...... πŸ™‚

    And....so went day #1..... πŸ™‚

    Same as it ever was...

  • @mudfly said:

    alrighty then.....Day #1 of camp is officially in the books.....

    todays training camp/Browns Daily notes....highlights....lowlights....

    Haden and Tramon Williams were very sharp and made the O's day very difficult....

    Pryor looked good and caught the ball well....

    Benji also had a very solid day and looks to be giving a lil extra effort....

    More raves for Gabriel too.....

    Mayle struggled with some drops, but still has some lingering discomfort with the thumb...

    Cam Erving working exclusively with 2nd team...Pettine says first team is solid, so he's gotta earn those reps...

    Johnny had a rough 1st day and did not throw the ball well...

    Shaw and McCown looked pretty good....tho McCown and Crow missed on a handoff.....(Crow had a few of these last year too)

    AB spend the whole day on the D line...no LB reps....

    Taylor sat out and did not participate in the conditioning test......hmmmm....

    Mack is taking full reps and looking fine...... πŸ™‚

    And....so went day #1..... πŸ™‚

    Same as it ever was...

    @dste-ace said:

    Same as it ever was...

    Manziel was excellent today!.....6-7 with a sack....

  • I admire Shaw. Here he has Clowney coming after him the whole game.

    22 of 25 passes. Even caught a pass for a TD.

    Took a major hit - didn't slide....

    @calfoxwc said:

    I admire Shaw. Here he has Clowney coming after him the whole game.

    22 of 25 passes. Even caught a pass for a TD.

    Took a major hit - didn't slide....

    Clowney was on his team.

  • Oh, you're correct. I ran with the title of a link I saw.

    oops.

  • @dste-ace said:

    Same as it ever was...

    Manziel was excellent today!.....6-7 with a sack....

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Manziel was excellent today!.....6-7 with a sack....

    and he finished strong too....actually ended up going 14 outta 15....had a stellar day!

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Manziel was excellent today!.....6-7 with a sack....

    and he finished strong too....actually ended up going 14 outta 15....had a stellar day!

    @mudfly said:

    and he finished strong too....actually ended up going 14 outta 15....had a stellar day!

    Obviously a stand-in. LOL! πŸ˜›

    Is Pryor a faster version of Mike Evans for JF? How many of those were completed to him? Or was he spreading it around today?

  • Dwayne Bowe made some bold statements today.....

    On Josh McCown......

    "He's showing all the potential of being a top-five quarterback in the NFL," Bowe said of McCown. "I see him as one of the best I have [played with]. He's making great throws, smart throws and he's mobile in the pocket, more than people think. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people."

    "Oh, my God. We're going to be the sleepers," Bowe said. "Look at my numbers last year and then look at my years four years prior to that. I led the league. It's not about what you did last year. It's about what you're doing now. The way he's performing out here, it's unbelievable, making tight throws, trusting his receivers."

    And on Terrell Pryor.....

    "I have never seen a quarterback transition from quarterback to receiver in two practices and do as good as he did -- ever," Bowe said. "But he's making it look so easy that he's starting to scare me. He's going to be really, really good. People think he's just going to come in and be a body. But he's actually going to play here and make plays for this team."

  • @mudfly said:

    and he finished strong too....actually ended up going 14 outta 15....had a stellar day!

    Obviously a stand-in. LOL! πŸ˜›

    Is Pryor a faster version of Mike Evans for JF? How many of those were completed to him? Or was he spreading it around today?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Obviously a stand-in. LOL! πŸ˜›

    ....I knew this would put a smile on your face.....

    Hoping to see more of the same going forward........build back a little confidence and things could get interesting...πŸ™‚

  • I like Dwayne Bowe.

    Z

  • Let's get some pads on and play something close to live action football, than things could get interesting in some camp battles. Players talking up other teammates talent, is a good thing. But even better is a positive team media and national media reporting good things also. It sounds like a good start.

  • i guess i'll be eating crow with my pryor statements.

    as much as i've had of that nasty bird in the last 5 years i should be used to it now.

    i guess that cold beer helps it go down a little easier.

    MMMMmmmmmm. 😡

  • Going to Browns practice tomorrow morning !

    I'll have the binocs out and watching closely.

    Any requests? 😎

  • Love what I'm hearing about Pryor. His growth and personal time spent with Moss, Brown and coaches will pay dividends.

    edit: I don't suppose anyone has tickets to a weekend training camp? I looked a little late and they're all gone. If anyone has an extra or two, I'd gladly shell you a few

    duckets for them.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Love what I'm hearing about Pryor. His growth and personal time spent with Moss, Brown and coaches will pay dividends.

    edit: I don't suppose anyone has tickets to a weekend training camp? I looked a little late and they're all gone. If anyone has an extra or two, I'd gladly shell you a few

    duckets for them.

    Check your messages!

    Mike

  • Going to Browns practice tomorrow morning !

    I'll have the binocs out and watching closely.

    Any requests? 😎

    @calfoxwc said:

    Going to Browns practice tomorrow morning !

    I'll have the binocs out and watching closely.

    Any requests? 😎

    Just your honest, overall impressions!

  • i guess i'll be eating crow with my pryor statements.

    as much as i've had of that nasty bird in the last 5 years i should be used to it now.

    i guess that cold beer helps it go down a little easier.

    MMMMmmmmmm. 😡

    @miktoxic said:

    i guess i'll be eating crow with my pryor statements.

    as much as i've had of that nasty bird in the last 5 years i should be used to it now.

    i guess that cold beer helps it go down a little easier.

    MMMMmmmmmm. 😡

    We know Pryor is big & fast. Can he catch the damn ball and run routes is what I want to know.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i guess i'll be eating crow with my pryor statements.

    as much as i've had of that nasty bird in the last 5 years i should be used to it now.

    i guess that cold beer helps it go down a little easier.

    MMMMmmmmmm. 😡

    We know Pryor is big & fast. Can he catch the damn ball and run routes is what I want to know.

    @hoorta said:

    We know Pryor is big & fast. Can he catch the damn ball and run routes is what I want to know.

    https://twitter.com/fearrhegoat/status/627119189254373376

    It seems like he can do at least one of those things. The good news is the other one can be taught if he can't.

  • Going to Browns practice tomorrow morning !

    I'll have the binocs out and watching closely.

    Any requests? 😎

    @calfoxwc said:

    Going to Browns practice tomorrow morning !

    I'll have the binocs out and watching closely.

    Any requests? 😎

    Yeah, a JM autograph. Wait till he's low on water though. πŸ₯·