Skip to content

Justin Gilbert

The Browns Board
201 36 7.2k
  • It's all the more proof, that ya have to draft players who love the game, and have

    the character to be a good addition to your locker room and stay on the field..., and a work ethic

    that gets them successful quickly.

    This last draft shows that throught the last round. Gilbert may still all of a sudden start proving

    that he can be a stud cb.

    I just don't see the love for the game, which is probably a distraction on the field. Who knows,

    it's just trying to figuring out what's goin on with him. We'll just have to hope he has his "personal issues"

    resolved soon.

  • Gip. I am a huge fan of yours. Yours are among the posts that I always make a point of reading... But like the classic Great White track, I'm afraid this is a case of Once Bitten, Twice Shy... I'm not a hater... just a observer of human behavior... dude got beat 11 times in scrimmage, and smoked in the Redskins game... I think by this point, he just wants to go away and hide, and hope nobody notices him. Wish I was wrong.

    @alporcini said:

    Gip. I am a huge fan of yours. Yours are among the posts that I always make a point of reading... But like the classic Great White track, I'm afraid this is a case of Once Bitten, Twice Shy... I'm not a hater... just a observer of human behavior... dude got beat 11 times in scrimmage, and smoked in the Redskins game... I think by this point, he just wants to go away and hide, and hope nobody notices him. Wish I was wrong.

    Maybe all that is true.....but I have seen guys go a couple of years in the league before the light bulb goes on. It can happen here, and considering what the team has invested in him I think they need to give him time. The alternative is if we have so many people that are apparently so much more talented than him that we cannot let them go thus denying him a dedicated roster spot.

  • @choco said:

    And not everyone lives in your " I walked uphill both ways to school in 6 feet of snow", the one where men ignored their feelings and treated women like property, then puff out their chest after "railing" the wife while she snickered at your lack of virility.

    Your world is so much better. Cause it allows you, supposedly an adult male, to get overly emotional and irrational over a game. You watch a male soap opera, yuk it up to the point where you throw any value judgements out the window and act a fool because?

    So you think being a sports fan is cause enough to act like a like child with you remarks? At least woman understand soap operas are entertainment, and thus should be considered as such.

    I get it....the team owes you something because you buy the hear and go to the games. But Cleveland has some downright terrible fans....people that are so obsessed (lmao) that sports affects their lives. Sorry, rather pathetic in my eyes. Sports are supposed to be fun, but so many Cleveland fans think winning in sports actually means something. Its just an inferiority complex...

    You inferred a whole lot from me telling someone that an adult man should not be upset over what is said about him on social media or in a news paper. I am sure your husband gets an earful.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You inferred a whole lot from me telling someone that an adult man should not be upset over what is said about him on social media or in a news paper. I am sure your husband gets an earful.

    Must be on da rag.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was letting you know how ridiculous your position is on it. I don't know if kids growing up now are just made of Charmin and presume everyone else is or should be as influenced by what someone says on social media as they tend to feel. Others didn't grow up with needing everyone to tell them how they are wonderful and unique snowflakes.

    And not everyone lives in your " I walked uphill both ways to school in 6 feet of snow", the one where men ignored their feelings and treated women like property, then puff out their chest after "railing" the wife while she snickered at your lack of virility.

    Your world is so much better. Cause it allows you, supposedly an adult male, to get overly emotional and irrational over a game. You watch a male soap opera, yuk it up to the point where you throw any value judgements out the window and act a fool because?

    So you think being a sports fan is cause enough to act like a like child with you remarks? At least woman understand soap operas are entertainment, and thus should be considered as such.

    I get it....the team owes you something because you buy the hear and go to the games. But Cleveland has some downright terrible fans....people that are so obsessed (lmao) that sports affects their lives. Sorry, rather pathetic in my eyes. Sports are supposed to be fun, but so many Cleveland fans think winning in sports actually means something. Its just an inferiority complex...

    @choco said:

    And not everyone lives in your " I walked uphill both ways to school in 6 feet of snow", the one where men ignored their feelings and treated women like property, then puff out their chest after "railing" the wife while she snickered at your lack of virility.

    Your world is so much better. Cause it allows you, supposedly an adult male, to get overly emotional and irrational over a game. You watch a male soap opera, yuk it up to the point where you throw any value judgements out the window and act a fool because?

    So you think being a sports fan is cause enough to act like a like child with you remarks? At least woman understand soap operas are entertainment, and thus should be considered as such.

    I get it....the team owes you something because you buy the hear and go to the games. But Cleveland has some downright terrible fans....people that are so obsessed (lmao) that sports affects their lives. Sorry, rather pathetic in my eyes. Sports are supposed to be fun, but so many Cleveland fans think winning in sports actually means something. Its just an inferiority complex...

    What do you get when you say less-than-complimentary things about Justin Gilbert?

    This rant.

  • @choco said:

    And not everyone lives in your " I walked uphill both ways to school in 6 feet of snow", the one where men ignored their feelings and treated women like property, then puff out their chest after "railing" the wife while she snickered at your lack of virility.

    Your world is so much better. Cause it allows you, supposedly an adult male, to get overly emotional and irrational over a game. You watch a male soap opera, yuk it up to the point where you throw any value judgements out the window and act a fool because?

    So you think being a sports fan is cause enough to act like a like child with you remarks? At least woman understand soap operas are entertainment, and thus should be considered as such.

    I get it....the team owes you something because you buy the hear and go to the games. But Cleveland has some downright terrible fans....people that are so obsessed (lmao) that sports affects their lives. Sorry, rather pathetic in my eyes. Sports are supposed to be fun, but so many Cleveland fans think winning in sports actually means something. Its just an inferiority complex...

    What do you get when you say less-than-complimentary things about Justin Gilbert?

    This rant.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What do you get when you say less-than-complimentary things about Justin Gilbert?

    This rant.

    and what did we get when you said less than negative things about manziel.....

    a year full of rants AND Retard.

  • Tacosman has just added Choco (Da Burgh) to the Hater aid list. Enjoy till the Crow fly's or Trump your Prez. C Amigo?

  • @wargograw said:

    Your sarcasm is neither funny nor poignant. Try a new schtick for once. Like constructively talking about the Browns.

    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was letting you know how ridiculous your position is on it. I don't know if kids growing up now are just made of Charmin and presume everyone else is or should be as influenced by what someone says on social media as they tend to feel. Others didn't grow up with needing everyone to tell them how they are wonderful and unique snowflakes.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was letting you know how ridiculous your position is on it. I don't know if kids growing up now are just made of Charmin and presume everyone else is or should be as influenced by what someone says on social media as they tend to feel. Others didn't grow up with needing everyone to tell them how they are wonderful and unique snowflakes.

    You are trying to be funny. I realize the attempts are so lame that you now have to deny it to save face, but you would be better served by just admitting it.

    Your generation didn't grow up with social media so your comments on it are from a position of ignorance. If you can tell me where I said or even implied that they need to be told they're special or anything close to it, I'd be shocked. There's a difference between just not bashing a guy for every. little. thing. he. does. (despite him actually playing ok) and coddling him. You can only see extremes and not the shades of gray. But then again people like that is what weak sarcasm is for.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What do you get when you say less-than-complimentary things about Justin Gilbert?

    This rant.

    and what did we get when you said less than negative things about manziel.....

    a year full of rants AND Retard.

    @miktoxic said:

    and what did we get when you said less than negative things about manziel.....

    a year full of rants AND Retard.

    @wargograw said:

    You are trying to be funny. I realize the attempts are so lame that you now have to deny it to save face, but you would be better served by just admitting it.

    Your generation didn't grow up with social media so your comments on it are from a position of ignorance. If you can tell me where I said or even implied that they need to be told they're special or anything close to it, I'd be shocked. There's a difference between just not bashing a guy for every. little. thing. he. does. (despite him actually playing ok) and coddling him. You can only see extremes and not the shades of gray. But then again people like that is what weak sarcasm is for.

    My generation, however, did grow up with social media and not only do I work in the field, I also played Division 1 collegiate football...so I feel like my opinion on the matter comes from a position of experience.

    To be an athlete at any sort of advanced level, you have to have a thick skin. To be an athlete at the professional level requires a skin tenfold thicker. Every move will be scrutinized and every mistake, regardless of size, will be blown out of proportion.

    If Gilbert is truly getting the yips from what he's reading on Twitter, he shouldn't be a professional athlete. It's no different than not making the cut due to a lack of talent or lack of willpower.

  • @miktoxic said:

    and what did we get when you said less than negative things about manziel.....

    a year full of rants AND Retard.

    @wargograw said:

    You are trying to be funny. I realize the attempts are so lame that you now have to deny it to save face, but you would be better served by just admitting it.

    Your generation didn't grow up with social media so your comments on it are from a position of ignorance. If you can tell me where I said or even implied that they need to be told they're special or anything close to it, I'd be shocked. There's a difference between just not bashing a guy for every. little. thing. he. does. (despite him actually playing ok) and coddling him. You can only see extremes and not the shades of gray. But then again people like that is what weak sarcasm is for.

    My generation, however, did grow up with social media and not only do I work in the field, I also played Division 1 collegiate football...so I feel like my opinion on the matter comes from a position of experience.

    To be an athlete at any sort of advanced level, you have to have a thick skin. To be an athlete at the professional level requires a skin tenfold thicker. Every move will be scrutinized and every mistake, regardless of size, will be blown out of proportion.

    If Gilbert is truly getting the yips from what he's reading on Twitter, he shouldn't be a professional athlete. It's no different than not making the cut due to a lack of talent or lack of willpower.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    My generation, however, did grow up with social media and not only do I work in the field, I also played Division 1 collegiate football...so I feel like my opinion on the matter comes from a position of experience.

    Really? Where? Just curious.

    To be an athlete at any sort of advanced level, you have to have a thick skin. To be an athlete at the professional level requires a skin tenfold thicker. Every move will be scrutinized and every mistake, regardless of size, will be blown out of proportion.

    If Gilbert is truly getting the yips from what he's reading on Twitter, he should NOT? be a professional athlete. It's no different than not making the cut due to a lack of talent or lack of willpower.

    Is that fix what you really wanted to say?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    My generation, however, did grow up with social media and not only do I work in the field, I also played Division 1 collegiate football...so I feel like my opinion on the matter comes from a position of experience.

    Really? Where? Just curious.

    To be an athlete at any sort of advanced level, you have to have a thick skin. To be an athlete at the professional level requires a skin tenfold thicker. Every move will be scrutinized and every mistake, regardless of size, will be blown out of proportion.

    If Gilbert is truly getting the yips from what he's reading on Twitter, he should NOT? be a professional athlete. It's no different than not making the cut due to a lack of talent or lack of willpower.

    Is that fix what you really wanted to say?

    @the-gipper said:

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    My generation, however, did grow up with social media and not only do I work in the field, I also played Division 1 collegiate football...so I feel like my opinion on the matter comes from a position of experience.

    Really? Where? Just curious.

    Coastal Carolina. Technically still D1.

    To be an athlete at any sort of advanced level, you have to have a thick skin. To be an athlete at the professional level requires a skin tenfold thicker. Every move will be scrutinized and every mistake, regardless of size, will be blown out of proportion.

    If Gilbert is truly getting the yips from what he's reading on Twitter, he should NOT? be a professional athlete. It's no different than not making the cut due to a lack of talent or lack of willpower.

    Is that fix what you really wanted to say?

    Yup. Thanks.

  • I think threads got merged and l got confused, but someone said something about K. Williams way back yonder. Like a comparison thing to Gilbert.

    I haven't heard much about him this camp though. I know he's hamstrung right now, but has anyone heard how he was doing before that?

    I had it in the back of my mind he was going to have a breakout year but just haven't heard much about him.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was letting you know how ridiculous your position is on it. I don't know if kids growing up now are just made of Charmin and presume everyone else is or should be as influenced by what someone says on social media as they tend to feel. Others didn't grow up with needing everyone to tell them how they are wonderful and unique snowflakes.

    You are trying to be funny. I realize the attempts are so lame that you now have to deny it to save face, but you would be better served by just admitting it.

    Your generation didn't grow up with social media so your comments on it are from a position of ignorance. If you can tell me where I said or even implied that they need to be told they're special or anything close to it, I'd be shocked. There's a difference between just not bashing a guy for every. little. thing. he. does. (despite him actually playing ok) and coddling him. You can only see extremes and not the shades of gray. But then again people like that is what weak sarcasm is for.

    @wargograw said:

    You are trying to be funny. I realize the attempts are so lame that you now have to deny it to save face, but you would be better served by just admitting it.

    Your generation didn't grow up with social media so your comments on it are from a position of ignorance. If you can tell me where I said or even implied that they need to be told they're special or anything close to it, I'd be shocked. There's a difference between just not bashing a guy for every. little. thing. he. does. (despite him actually playing ok) and coddling him. You can only see extremes and not the shades of gray. But then again people like that is what weak sarcasm is for.

    You and Choco sure do read a lot into things even if they aren't there. Also, I am in my early 30s so I definitely grew up with social media but I guess I missed the beginning of the "everyone's opinion effects me" wave of thinking.

    I wasn't the one trying to say that what fans and sports writers say is effecting Gilbert. If he can't be an adult and tune out distractions then he is in for a rough life. Ultimately it will be his talent level and work ethich, not what some fans think of him, that will determine how far he goes.

  • Kinda like how you read the whole cuddling and telling him he's special (or whatever it was you said; not worth scrolling up for on mobile)....

    The memes in the media definitely bleed into the locker room and the coach's thinking. Gilbert also has to do interviews routinely. You guys are acting as though he's being scrutinized fairly and the same as anyone else would, and he's not.

  • Kinda like how you read the whole cuddling and telling him he's special (or whatever it was you said; not worth scrolling up for on mobile)....

    The memes in the media definitely bleed into the locker room and the coach's thinking. Gilbert also has to do interviews routinely. You guys are acting as though he's being scrutinized fairly and the same as anyone else would, and he's not.

    @wargograw said:

    Kinda like how you read the whole cuddling and telling him he's special (or whatever it was you said; not worth scrolling up for on mobile)....

    The memes in the media definitely bleed into the locker room and the coach's thinking. Gilbert also has to do interviews routinely. You guys are acting as though he's being scrutinized fairly and the same as anyone else would, and he's not.

    If you are picked in the first, you will have more expectations of you. That is plain and simple. If you come in and even have teammates talking about how you need to grow up, then I don't think any following scrutiny from media members or fans should be shocking. That said, he shouldn't be concerned with the opinions of anyone outside of that locker room.

  • FFS, have we really devolved to the point where it's being argued that Gilbert's disappointing

    play is due to the meanie comments on social media? Gilbert's play and focus are being

    disrupted because the neanderthal crotchety graybeards on the Browns Board aren't being

    positive enough in their comments?

    We've been invaded by the vaginas from Oberlin College.

    Price check on Midol.

  • FFS, have we really devolved to the point where it's being argued that Gilbert's disappointing

    play is due to the meanie comments on social media? Gilbert's play and focus are being

    disrupted because the neanderthal crotchety graybeards on the Browns Board aren't being

    positive enough in their comments?

    We've been invaded by the vaginas from Oberlin College.

    Price check on Midol.

    @dste-ace said:

    FFS, have we really devolved to the point where it's being argued that Gilbert's disappointing

    play is due to the meanie comments on social media? Gilbert's play and focus are being

    disrupted because the neanderthal crotchety graybeards on the Browns Board aren't being

    positive enough in their comments?

    We've been invaded by the vaginas from Oberlin College.

    Price check on Midol.

    +1 ( Just wanted to quote it so others would have to read it again )

  • FFS, have we really devolved to the point where it's being argued that Gilbert's disappointing

    play is due to the meanie comments on social media? Gilbert's play and focus are being

    disrupted because the neanderthal crotchety graybeards on the Browns Board aren't being

    positive enough in their comments?

    We've been invaded by the vaginas from Oberlin College.

    Price check on Midol.

    @dste-ace said:

    We've been invaded by the vaginas from Oberlin College.

    LMFAO!!

  • Z is going to have to provide trigger warnings and safe spaces for our

    more sensitive members.

  • LMFAO!

  • FFS, have we really devolved to the point where it's being argued that Gilbert's disappointing

    play is due to the meanie comments on social media? Gilbert's play and focus are being

    disrupted because the neanderthal crotchety graybeards on the Browns Board aren't being

    positive enough in their comments?

    We've been invaded by the vaginas from Oberlin College.

    Price check on Midol.

    @dste-ace said:

    Price check on Midol.

    Attention Browns-Mart shoppers! 😛