Trade proposal
-
-
I keep Manziel. He is tougher.
I've never heard of a backup qb taking off three weeks in training camp because his elbow was sore from throwing a football.
Which came after spending the offseason in rehab.
Which came after straining his hammy running from a big guy in his second start, and then blowing off treatment to party.
Can't wait to see this legendary toughness.
Z
--I guess whizzing a water bottle at a teenager at the pool was kinda tough.
-
I keep Manziel. He is tougher.
I've never heard of a backup qb taking off three weeks in training camp because his elbow was sore from throwing a football.
Which came after spending the offseason in rehab.
Which came after straining his hammy running from a big guy in his second start, and then blowing off treatment to party.
Can't wait to see this legendary toughness.
Z
--I guess whizzing a water bottle at a teenager at the pool was kinda tough.
Zombo said:
I've never heard of a backup qb taking off three weeks in training camp because his elbow was sore from throwing a football.
Which came after spending the offseason in rehab.
Which came after straining his hammy running from a big guy in his second start, and then blowing off treatment to party.
Can't wait to see this legendary toughness.
Z
--I guess whizzing a water bottle at a teenager at the pool was kinda tough.
All true, but I wonder if he is just sore from actually practicing for the first time in his life. I think he will be okay..
-
-
Riffer - 16 freakin million?
Ah. Then the answer is, NO FREAKIN WAY, unless he
renegotiates his contract.. or something.
Nah.
-
Guess I'll be the only one.
I'd do this in a heartbeat. Provided that it's not something stupid like $16M in each of the next two years... Rather than combined. Team has the space to absorb that.
I don't think RGIII is done. I think he's in a bad situation. And hate him or not, he's done far more at the NFL level than Manziel has. Hell, we're all happy here when Johnny Football looks like he may be developing into a decent backup. Just the fact that he wasn't a hyena fire in the preseason has some singing praises (me included). But he has a long way to go to even be at RGIII's level. Swapping Manziel for Griffin IS buying low.
I'd take the chance that he succeeds outside of Washington.
Thing is - the 'Skins would never touch this deal.
-
But isn't he essentially recovered? It may have taken him two years....but isn't he over it.
(now....the question of his style of play.....and whether or not he is at risk for another bad injury is certainly in play)
Physically, he may be recovered. Mentally, it's harder to come back from a torn ACL than it is a little elbow soreness - especially when your value proposition to the team is your elusiveness.
I wouldn't mind us taking a flier on RG3, but not at the cost of JMZ.
Physically, he may be recovered. Mentally, it's harder to come back from a torn ACL than it is a little elbow soreness - especially when your value proposition to the team is your elusiveness.
I wouldn't mind us taking a flier on RG3, but not at the cost of JMZ.
First the media jizz fest at the even the thought of JM and RG3 on the same team would be too huge...
Second... not just the knee but there was also that gruesome, non-contact ankle dislocation...
-
And even for free I pass on RG3... even if there were no "jizz fest"...
What locker room reports I have heard on RG are not good...
Here's the latest and it's only 5-days old:
Doesn't read very "Play like a Brown" to me...
-
Whatever source you had Gip was full of shit. Pettine: On an update on QB Johnny Manziel
and when he might resume throwing:“Yeah, he’s close. I just spoke with (head athletic trainer) Joe Sheehan about that, that he’s where we thought he would be in the progression and that we’re confident by the end of the week that he’ll be able to handle the football and throw it.”
Whatever source you had Gip was full of shit. Pettine: On an update on QB Johnny Manziel
and when he might resume throwing:“Yeah, he’s close. I just spoke with (head athletic trainer) Joe Sheehan about that, that he’s where we thought he would be in the progression and that we’re confident by the end of the week that he’ll be able to handle the football and throw it.”
I don't remember using any source.....other than to say it was sports talk radio speculation. I was not implying that these trade talks were actually taking place.
-
Whatever source you had Gip was full of shit. Pettine: On an update on QB Johnny Manziel
and when he might resume throwing:“Yeah, he’s close. I just spoke with (head athletic trainer) Joe Sheehan about that, that he’s where we thought he would be in the progression and that we’re confident by the end of the week that he’ll be able to handle the football and throw it.”
I don't remember using any source.....other than to say it was sports talk radio speculation. I was not implying that these trade talks were actually taking place.
I don't remember using any source.....other than to say it was sports talk radio speculation. I was not implying that these trade talks were actually taking place.
I was referring to you saying you 'had heard' he (Manziel) was going to be put in the pup.
-
I don't remember using any source.....other than to say it was sports talk radio speculation. I was not implying that these trade talks were actually taking place.
I was referring to you saying you 'had heard' he (Manziel) was going to be put in the pup.
I was referring to you saying you 'had heard' he (Manziel) was going to be put in the pup.
That too was sports talk radio speculation. I think it was Rizzo et al that speculated on it.
They said that they said he "could" be put on the PUP....if his condition was not improved.
-
The price point is a major deal breaker. No one is going to pay 16 mil for Griffin, nor should they...
It is a really nice pipe dream though. Get Griffin for a mere fraction of what Washington paid; one late first round pick and one third round pick.
Imagine the Browns getting the player Skins fans were hoping for....it's a really nice thought until he tears his ACL opening graham crackers...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login