Skip to content

Harbaugh is in for a LONG year

College Football Forum
105 16 4.6k
  • @mld-woody said:

    If you honestly think 3-9 you're an idiot, just FYI. I know the majority of you on here are such biased Buckeye fans you can't make very many rational statements... but 3-9 is just Retard.

    Maybe.....but 6-6 would be a goal for them to be considered good at this point.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe.....but 6-6 would be a goal for them to be considered good at this point.

    I gave them going 8-4. I was expecting them to lose this game

  • Wow, Michigan's QB is bad.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @gftchris said:

    Wow, Michigan's QB is bad.

    The first and last interception had a lot more to do with a true freshman WR making freshman mistakes. Rudock definitely made mistakes, but the while passing game clearly needs more time together.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Maybe.....but 6-6 would be a goal for them to be considered good at this point.

    I gave them going 8-4. I was expecting them to lose this game

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @mld-woody said:

    I gave them going 8-4. I was expecting them to lose this game

    You should say you will be happy with 6-6....because you should be happy with 6-6 vs. what it could be.

  • @mld-woody said:

    No one expected Michigan you return to "elite status" week one, year one of Jim harbaugh.

    It took Urban Meyer 25 games to get his first loss at Ohio State...

    It took Jim Harbaugh 1 game to get his first loss at Michigan...

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @walterwhite said:

    It took Urban Meyer 25 games to get his first loss at Ohio State...

    It took Jim Harbaugh 1 game to get his first loss at Michigan...

    Ok? Harbaugh also lost his first game at each of his college stops. No one is expecting this turnaround to happen immediately.

    It's also pretty obvious Meyer took over a probably more talented team with definitely better past coaching. We've been all over the place, you had one bad year of Fickel.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I gave them going 8-4. I was expecting them to lose this game

    You should say you will be happy with 6-6....because you should be happy with 6-6 vs. what it could be.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    You should say you will be happy with 6-6....because you should be happy with 6-6 vs. what it could be.

    We lost the first game, by 7, on the road at night against a good team, with a -3 turnover margin. And it was only 7 points.

    What do you think "what it could be" is? Most people are putting the bottom as 6-6, with 8-4 a reasonable expectation.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #16

    8-4

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #17
  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I don't see 8-4 for michigan. I think 6-6 is realistic

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

  • I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mld-woody said:

    I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

    5-7
  • I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mld-woody said:

    I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

    5-7

    Right now, your floor is technically 0-12.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #22

    I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #23

    I think harbaugh is a good coach but overrated. I think his appeal is overrated, his coaching ability is overrated and his supposed winning reputation is overrated. I know woody will become apoplectic with rage over that but I'm not saying that only because he's at Michigan now. I would have told you that about him in San Francisco too. At stanford he was under my radar, but is it possible Andrew luck had a lot to do with his success there? I think it is.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #24

    It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

  • I think harbaugh is a good coach but overrated. I think his appeal is overrated, his coaching ability is overrated and his supposed winning reputation is overrated. I know woody will become apoplectic with rage over that but I'm not saying that only because he's at Michigan now. I would have told you that about him in San Francisco too. At stanford he was under my radar, but is it possible Andrew luck had a lot to do with his success there? I think it is.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think harbaugh is a good coach but overrated. I think his appeal is overrated, his coaching ability is overrated and his supposed winning reputation is overrated. I know woody will become apoplectic with rage over that but I'm not saying that only because he's at Michigan now. I would have told you that about him in San Francisco too. At stanford he was under my radar, but is it possible Andrew luck had a lot to do with his success there? I think it is.

    So with his entire body of work, you think he is overrated. And the only reasoning you have is Andrew Luck.

    Insightful

  • It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @wargograw said:

    It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

    Which would be appropriate here if this were the first jump he was making...

  • I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @wargograw said:

    I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

  • @wargograw said:

    I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mld-woody said:

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

  • @mld-woody said:

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @browns149 said:

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

  • @browns149 said:

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mld-woody said:

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

    If you believe him he wanted to be in San Francisco but was forced out