Rockets
-
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
-
I think the way the Big Ten is going to do it could be the standard for the future of the P5 teams:
Minimum 9 conference games.
Mandatory 1 non-conf. game vs. other P5 conf. team.
NO games vs. FCS by P5 teams.
(and yes, I think the P5 conferences should have 16 teams each....80 total, per my proposal).
I think the other P5 teams will feel pressured to adopt this setup once the Big Ten does so.
It still preserves the "warm up games" that a team can schedule against mid majors...MAC/SunBelt/MWC.
Those mid-majors would not have the same restrictions. Example: Akron and Kent St. ...FBS teams, have had games against near rival Youngstown St....FCS....which is really not that much of a step down in strength of program.
That's not the standard I was asking about. I was asking what the standard was for determining the best conference. Neither you, nor Woody, nor every other drive-by poster that comes here and bashes the SEC has a coherent answer.
But again, why do you care what other teams besides OSU do?
That's not the standard I was asking about. I was asking what the standard was for determining the best conference. Neither you, nor Woody, nor every other drive-by poster that comes here and bashes the SEC has a coherent answer.
But again, why do you care what other teams besides OSU do?
OK, fine: the standard for determining the best conference is which conference schedules the toughest non-conference schedule combined with not scheduling cakewalks.
Do I really care? No......but honestly....is it at all interesting to see these schools scheduling these cream puffs and winning 76-0.
I mean, sure, an FBS school can play a mid major and win 76-0 on rare occasion....but that is an exception.
-
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
You see though....it took the entire conference to do that.
What you have here apparently is an entire conference measuring itself against one team.
Probably appropriate.
(but remember...YOUR team was not one of those 7-8 teams you are talking about.....wasn't even part of the conference during most of that time)
Why don't you talk about what your team has accomplished....and not worry about what other teams have done.
-
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
You're telling me that ESPN didn't start pimping "SEC Speeeeeeeeed" January 2007? Because I sure as fuck remember them doing that. I also remember M*chigan being beaten by USC and the 'Big 10 is slow, can't compete' etc etc was in full go by that point.
As it stands, the SEC hasn't had a title game winner in a couple years yet you hear about conference superiority still. They shouldn't have had 2 representatives in 2011 either. That was such horse shit. For some reason that superiority mantra didn't take long to establish yet doesn't seem to be going away anywhere near as quickly.
-
A rematch in 2011 but none in 2007.... Smh
-
That's not the standard I was asking about. I was asking what the standard was for determining the best conference. Neither you, nor Woody, nor every other drive-by poster that comes here and bashes the SEC has a coherent answer.
But again, why do you care what other teams besides OSU do?
OK, fine: the standard for determining the best conference is which conference schedules the toughest non-conference schedule combined with not scheduling cakewalks.
Do I really care? No......but honestly....is it at all interesting to see these schools scheduling these cream puffs and winning 76-0.
I mean, sure, an FBS school can play a mid major and win 76-0 on rare occasion....but that is an exception.
OK, fine: the standard for determining the best conference is which conference schedules the toughest non-conference schedule combined with not scheduling cakewalks.
Do I really care? No......but honestly....is it at all interesting to see these schools scheduling these cream puffs and winning 76-0.
I mean, sure, an FBS school can play a mid major and win 76-0 on rare occasion....but that is an exception.
Then there's no point in us debating since we don't have the same criteria.
-
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
You see though....it took the entire conference to do that.
What you have here apparently is an entire conference measuring itself against one team.
Probably appropriate.
(but remember...YOUR team was not one of those 7-8 teams you are talking about.....wasn't even part of the conference during most of that time)
Why don't you talk about what your team has accomplished....and not worry about what other teams have done.
You see though....it took the entire conference to do that.
What you have here apparently is an entire conference measuring itself against one team.
Probably appropriate.
(but remember...YOUR team was not one of those 7-8 teams you are talking about.....wasn't even part of the conference during most of that time)
Why don't you talk about what your team has accomplished....and not worry about what other teams have done.
Again, I could say the same to you. Why don't you worry about what your team has accomplished (or revel in it, or whatever)....and not worry about what SEC teams have done?
Yes it took the entire conference, but you were only playing one at a time. It is hard to lose 8 or 9 straight games to one conference.
-
4 different teams won natties just in the 7 year stretch so not really. I've always liked OSU, but you can't blame people for dismissing a team that had lost, what, 8 straight games against the SEC? If OSU had beaten SEC teams 8 straight times I would certainly never hear the end of it here so come on.
You're telling me that ESPN didn't start pimping "SEC Speeeeeeeeed" January 2007? Because I sure as fuck remember them doing that. I also remember M*chigan being beaten by USC and the 'Big 10 is slow, can't compete' etc etc was in full go by that point.
As it stands, the SEC hasn't had a title game winner in a couple years yet you hear about conference superiority still. They shouldn't have had 2 representatives in 2011 either. That was such horse shit. For some reason that superiority mantra didn't take long to establish yet doesn't seem to be going away anywhere near as quickly.
You're telling me that ESPN didn't start pimping "SEC Speeeeeeeeed" January 2007? Because I sure as fuck remember them doing that. I also remember M*chigan being beaten by USC and the 'Big 10 is slow, can't compete' etc etc was in full go by that point.
As it stands, the SEC hasn't had a title game winner in a couple years yet you hear about conference superiority still. They shouldn't have had 2 representatives in 2011 either. That was such horse shit. For some reason that superiority mantra didn't take long to establish yet doesn't seem to be going away anywhere near as quickly.
This makes no sense. After 7 straight titles, people like you still denied that it was the best conference.
-
You're telling me that ESPN didn't start pimping "SEC Speeeeeeeeed" January 2007? Because I sure as fuck remember them doing that. I also remember M*chigan being beaten by USC and the 'Big 10 is slow, can't compete' etc etc was in full go by that point.
As it stands, the SEC hasn't had a title game winner in a couple years yet you hear about conference superiority still. They shouldn't have had 2 representatives in 2011 either. That was such horse shit. For some reason that superiority mantra didn't take long to establish yet doesn't seem to be going away anywhere near as quickly.
This makes no sense. After 7 straight titles, people like you still denied that it was the best conference.
This makes no sense. After 7 straight titles, people like you still denied that it was the best conference.
No, I think what has been said that there is no denying that it had the best top teams......overall conference during that stretch? I am still not convinced.
Also "was" is the operative term.
-
Ok well when one conference can sustain the title for more than a year they can take it.
PFF graded Andrew Whitworth better than Joe Thomas for the 2014 season. That does not mean he's the best LT in the NFL (and PFF wouldn't tell you that either).
-
Ok well when one conference can sustain the title for more than a year they can take it.
PFF graded Andrew Whitworth better than Joe Thomas for the 2014 season. That does not mean he's the best LT in the NFL (and PFF wouldn't tell you that either).
Ok well when one conference can sustain the title for more than a year they can take it.
Conferences don't win titles. Teams do.
-
That's a fine opinion. I don't mind it. But in that case I really have no idea why you argue the point so much or get so worked up about other teams' OOC schedule. Should just worry about OSU.
-
That's a fine opinion. I don't mind it. But in that case I really have no idea why you argue the point so much or get so worked up about other teams' OOC schedule. Should just worry about OSU.
That's a fine opinion. I don't mind it. But in that case I really have no idea why you argue the point so much or get so worked up about other teams' OOC schedule. Should just worry about OSU.
Ohio State is the defending national champion and #1 in all the polls. So I guess I am not worried about them.
But everyone else should worry about them. You sound worried.
-
They were preseason #1 and returned more snaps from last year than any SEC team. So no, if they win again, I won't be too upset. It's expected.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login