Skip to content

Pass rush

The Browns Board
27 13 973
  • Wow. I am admittedly easily trollable but that was a truly awful attempt.

    @wargograw said:

    Wow. I am admittedly easily trollable but that was a truly awful attempt.

    i dunno, i tried and couldn't get ya. lol

    don't sell yourself stockton short.

  • Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirksey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

    @gftchris said:

    Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirsey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

    well that's a pretty darn expensive coverage linebacker. he's my Old Man's go-to to pick on...and he's getting really hard to defend.

  • The worst thing about the pass rush was that even when we

    blitzed we couldn't get there. The defense was supposed to be this

    team's strength but it looks like the same old same old-- can't stop

    the run and no pass rush.Did anyone doubt the Jets would take it

    down the field and score at the end of the first half? This team has the

    worst defense in the NFL in the last 2 minutes of each half.

  • Did Mingo blitz even one time yesterday?

    He dropped in coverage and tipped that touchdown pass (which was nice) but what is the deal with that? The guy should be fast enough to get around the edge once or twice a game....

    @hx214 said:

    Did Mingo blitz even one time yesterday?

    He dropped in coverage and tipped that touchdown pass (which was nice) but what is the deal with that? The guy should be fast enough to get around the edge once or twice a game....

    Did the Browns even blitz?....for someone who LOVES blitz packages, it just didnt happen very often at all....

    And, when they blitz, it aint ever Mingo.....he's pretty much been assigned to cover backer....

    @gftchris said:

    Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirsey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

    13 snaps to be exact.....(and 7 were run plays)......

  • Mingo - there's a contract that won't be renewed. Hopefully Orchard can step up because Soloman looks mediocre at best and Kruger needs some help.

  • My bad I didn't know Orchard was injured.

  • Frankly if this was my team, I'd be running a 4-3 with both Bryants as the starting DE's. Kruger could give those guys a breather, maybe if the put 15 lbs back on Kruger he could maybe rip under a tackle or two....but I just don't see that guy becoming anything for us anymore. Krugers pass rush moves haven't been refined "one iota" since he got here. I'm over him. At least his first year he had a good bull, but he doesn't have that anymore so his other moves aren't effective at all.

  • @hx214 said:

    Did Mingo blitz even one time yesterday?

    He dropped in coverage and tipped that touchdown pass (which was nice) but what is the deal with that? The guy should be fast enough to get around the edge once or twice a game....

    Did the Browns even blitz?....for someone who LOVES blitz packages, it just didnt happen very often at all....

    And, when they blitz, it aint ever Mingo.....he's pretty much been assigned to cover backer....

    @gftchris said:

    Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirsey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

    13 snaps to be exact.....(and 7 were run plays)......

    @mudfly said:

    Did the Browns even blitz?....for someone who LOVES blitz packages, it just didnt happen very often at all....

    Exactly the impression I had...

    One of the things I was pleased with from our pre-season dress rehearsal were the blitz lanes our schemes were opening up. After years of seeing us blitz into bodies while opponents created openings and free runs at our QBs, I thought we had finally figured it out. Turns out we may have figured out we need to play the Bucs... seemed to work for the Titans yesterday.

    @wargograw said:

    Go back to grade school and learn how to write the English language coherently.

    It wasn't that hard to find the football content. Try it... can the personal insults...

  • Who calls the plays? Excuse my ignorance down here in Tampa. I've been a Browns fan so long it hurts. I've lived down here 15 years and only watch the Bucs if no other game is on.

    The reason I ask questions is because you guys seem to know what's going on. The Browns website really doesn't provide anything but spin.

  • This is why I hated the Haden contract and the Gilbert draft. There are zero DBs in this league that can cover #1 & #2 WRs all day when there is no pressure on the QB. Shelton, although I liked the pick, doesn't seem to be that guy either. No pressure Fitzpatrick looks like Montana

  • @mudfly said:

    Did the Browns even blitz?....for someone who LOVES blitz packages, it just didnt happen very often at all....

    Exactly the impression I had...

    One of the things I was pleased with from our pre-season dress rehearsal were the blitz lanes our schemes were opening up. After years of seeing us blitz into bodies while opponents created openings and free runs at our QBs, I thought we had finally figured it out. Turns out we may have figured out we need to play the Bucs... seemed to work for the Titans yesterday.

    @wargograw said:

    Go back to grade school and learn how to write the English language coherently.

    It wasn't that hard to find the football content. Try it... can the personal insults...

    @tour2ma said:

    Exactly the impression I had...

    One of the things I was pleased with from our pre-season dress rehearsal were the blitz lanes our schemes were opening up. After years of seeing us blitz into bodies while opponents created openings and free runs at our QBs, I thought we had finally figured it out. Turns out we may have figured out we need to play the Bucs... seemed to work for the Titans yesterday.

    It wasn't that hard to find the football content. Try it... can the personal insults...

    Don't know what you're talking about. But I was only responding to a personal insult.

  • Well, that was a lot better wasn't it !

  • Well, that was a lot better wasn't it !

    @londonbrown said:

    Well, that was a lot better wasn't it !

    Yes.