On to Oakland...
-
Browns 35 Raiders 20.
A big sigh of relief when Josh McCown throws for 340 yards and 3TDs gets a couple of first downs with his legs and proves once and for all he can slide. Browns prove that have a efficient Starting QB and a competent Back up trying to learn his way towards 2016 starting battle with who ever...
-
Well from my day 2 day status I was down graded to a coaches decision for Sunday. Leaving Saturday to Virginia Beach to fish with father in law in the coaches home town. Good chance of bad weather so a good chance of a sports bar to watch the D Pound & The O Ground to another big W 27-10ish. Keep the stools in the upright position at all times in The Tavern and holler at ya Tuesday. Road Warriors-- Tilted Kilt in VB yet? Sports Bar in VB with NFL ticket besides Hooters, got any others?
-
I've only been in VA Beach once... picked up a mint pair of original Large Advent Loudspeakers for the collection. Ate at a great little bar/restaurant named Chicks Oyster Bar... had great Crabcake sammies... but only a couple TVs...
When on the road just google "browns backers" and use their Backer Tracker...
ta da...
Tidewater Browns Backers
401 North Witchduck Rd, Virginia Beach, VA, 23455, US
Appears to be a place named AJ Gators... About 10 miles West of VA Beach...
http://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/backer-tracker?zip=virginia%20beach&rad=40
-
Meanwhile back at the Raiders...
Just finished watching their BLT game on replay...
Defensively:- Their 4-3 looks fast, but small... excepting two interior starters. They generated little pressure.
- Their LBs played us very tough last year.
- Secondary, lead by Woodsen, had enough to give Flacco pause on a fair percentage of plays, but aside from Smith BLT doesn't have much in the way of threatening.
Pretty easy to see a plan where we run early and often and wear them down.
Offensively...- Carr's eye discipline seems pretty good. Saw more "looking off" than "staring down". Pretty calm in the pocket which they sometimes moved for him. Good PA fakes including a couple bootlegs... our backside guy(s) will need to be disciplined. Also cut loose a throw back across the field for a TD. Accuracy drops when on move, especially if movement is not by his choice.
- The over/under for bubble screens/ quick throws to Cooper is 5.5... take the over. And when you go to tackle him wrap up. I saw him bouncing off BLT LBs' attempts to knock him down... great balance. A lot more fun to watch playing someone else than he will be Sunday.
- Crabtree seemed to be the beneficiary of every blown BLT coverage... really only made one good play that I can recall. Still looks taller and leaner than Cooper to my eye...
- Murray showed some flashes running the ball, but since I have him in a couple fantasy leagues, I would not worry much about him.
- TBH, it's hard to know how good this group might be. BLT is not showing much on D right now.
-
-
Browns 35 Raiders 20.
A big sigh of relief when Josh McCown throws for 340 yards and 3TDs gets a couple of first downs with his legs and proves once and for all he can slide. Browns prove that have a efficient Starting QB and a competent Back up trying to learn his way towards 2016 starting battle with who ever...
Browns 35 Raiders 20.
A big sigh of relief when Josh McCown throws for 340 yards and 3TDs gets a couple of first downs with his legs and proves once and for all he can slide. Browns prove that have a efficient Starting QB and a competent Back up trying to learn his way towards 2016 starting battle with who ever...
I like your pick-mine would be in the same scoring ballpark. I was thinking around 34-24 Browns.
-
With McClown as QB: Raiders: 28 Browns: 3
-
Browns 35 Raiders 20.
A big sigh of relief when Josh McCown throws for 340 yards and 3TDs gets a couple of first downs with his legs and proves once and for all he can slide. Browns prove that have a efficient Starting QB and a competent Back up trying to learn his way towards 2016 starting battle with who ever...
Browns 35 Raiders 20.
A big sigh of relief when Josh McCown throws for 340 yards and 3TDs gets a couple of first downs with his legs and proves once and for all he can slide. Browns prove that have a efficient Starting QB and a competent Back up trying to learn his way towards 2016 starting battle with who ever...
Dream on fool
-
Weren't Mack's stats fairly pedestrian last year too? I know he dominated, just thought I remember it didn't show up in the form of stats.
-
With McClown as QB: Raiders: 28 Browns: 3
With McClown as QB: Raiders: 28 Browns: 3
Odd how McCown was in the lead every single preseason game....1's on 1's.....then he handed off to the others.....and we lost 2 outta 3...
So, he's our only QB this year, who hasn't been shut out ....or let another team even lead......or lost ....
-
With McClown as QB: Raiders: 28 Browns: 3
With McClown as QB: Raiders: 28 Browns: 3
Dream on fool
No comment... yet... just want to save these for prosperity... or at least late Sunday afternoon...
-
Shocking stat.....Kmack has zero sacks and only 3 tackles.....
this scares me.....
Del Rio and Company are putting him in a 3-point most of the time. Last year I remember him standing up as an OLB in either a 4-3 or 3-4 look. OAK seems to be really strapped for DL... one of their backup DTs only weighs 278...
Based on the OAK/BLT review and break down of our 1st half vs. TN, I expect us to be able to run on these guys. May even need to give Draughn touches just to give Crow and Duke a breather.
I think that means McCown has a better chance of a sub-200-yd game than a 300+... that is unless our D doesn't show up... and I'm guess that it will.
Shaping up to be a low-scoring, blow-out victory in my eyes... along the lines of 27-10.
So clearly we are doomed...
-

-

Ugly.
-
Weren't Mack's stats fairly pedestrian last year too? I know he dominated, just thought I remember it didn't show up in the form of stats.
Weren't Mack's stats fairly pedestrian last year too? I know he dominated, just thought I remember it didn't show up in the form of stats.
Good question. While maybe he didn't fill the stat sheet, I know people were raving about his performance. So maybe stats don't tell the whole story.
-
Weren't Mack's stats fairly pedestrian last year too? I know he dominated, just thought I remember it didn't show up in the form of stats.
Good question. While maybe he didn't fill the stat sheet, I know people were raving about his performance. So maybe stats don't tell the whole story.
Good question. While maybe he didn't fill the stat sheet, I know people were raving about his performance. So maybe stats don't tell the whole story.
Sacks were what was missing. In terms of hits and hurries he was off the chart. When your secondary can't cover receivers for more than two seconds, you're going to struggle to get sacks.
Oh, and, his edge setting was top notch.
-

Not as bad as the all brown worn in previous years. The stripe on the pants makes it better.......but I still don't think we need the name of the team on there.....just continue the stripe. (do they think people will not know who is playing?)
-
Good question. While maybe he didn't fill the stat sheet, I know people were raving about his performance. So maybe stats don't tell the whole story.
Sacks were what was missing. In terms of hits and hurries he was off the chart. When your secondary can't cover receivers for more than two seconds, you're going to struggle to get sacks.
Oh, and, his edge setting was top notch.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login