Skip to content

Oh Boy Here We Go

The Browns Board
110 32 4.3k
  • I just saw this article too. Sucks that the players are willing to chime in and give their opinion which, is undermining the Pettine. If players are willing to disagree with the coaches, you wonder what type of respect Pettine is really generating with his players.

    JM can create plays with his feet. Watching Aaron Rodgers, who is consistently moving his feet, surveying his options, that is what JM can do for us, much like Russel Wilson. You can see that JM wants to play, and IMO, I want someone to go out there, even with all the rough edges, and play balls out, while still making good decisions on his feet. And I think JM is getting there. But we haven't seen enough of him to judge his decision making. The kids a baller, let him play.

    Maybe Pettine is trying to get himself fired, I don't know. But when you have players willing to share their discontent so brazenly it tells me that there is more going on with the players and Pettine. IMO.

  • I just saw this article too. Sucks that the players are willing to chime in and give their opinion which, is undermining the Pettine. If players are willing to disagree with the coaches, you wonder what type of respect Pettine is really generating with his players.

    JM can create plays with his feet. Watching Aaron Rodgers, who is consistently moving his feet, surveying his options, that is what JM can do for us, much like Russel Wilson. You can see that JM wants to play, and IMO, I want someone to go out there, even with all the rough edges, and play balls out, while still making good decisions on his feet. And I think JM is getting there. But we haven't seen enough of him to judge his decision making. The kids a baller, let him play.

    Maybe Pettine is trying to get himself fired, I don't know. But when you have players willing to share their discontent so brazenly it tells me that there is more going on with the players and Pettine. IMO.

    @brownskidd said:

    I just saw this article too. Sucks that the players are willing to chime in and give their opinion which, is undermining the Pettine. If players are willing to disagree with the coaches, you wonder what type of respect Pettine is really generating with his players.

    JM can create plays with his feet. Watching Aaron Rodgers, who is consistently moving his feet, surveying his options, that is what JM can do for us, much like Russel Wilson. You can see that JM wants to play, and IMO, I want someone to go out there, even with all the rough edges, and play balls out, while still making good decisions on his feet. And I think JM is getting there. But we haven't seen enough of him to judge his decision making. The kids a baller, let him play.

    Maybe Pettine is trying to get himself fired, I don't know. But when you have players willing to share their discontent so brazenly it tells me that there is more going on with the players and Pettine. IMO.

    If Pet is trying to get himself fired then he should go like Butch Davis did , and just "Quit"

  • Fake as hell.

  • I hate to say this, but I think I'd start McCown again. Oh, I would have put JM in at halftime in the last game...

    but one more game for Josh to show his vast experience at seeing defenses will make a difference.

    But if he can't make those throws without ints because his hand is injured...

    he is on a very short leash - as soon as he shows his play is hurting the offense.

    I also think I would suck as a head coach. lol

  • The article's fake, at least according to Andrew Hawkins.

  • TMZ??.....hahahahaha!

  • I hate to say this, but I think I'd start McCown again. Oh, I would have put JM in at halftime in the last game...

    but one more game for Josh to show his vast experience at seeing defenses will make a difference.

    But if he can't make those throws without ints because his hand is injured...

    he is on a very short leash - as soon as he shows his play is hurting the offense.

    I also think I would suck as a head coach. lol

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hate to say this, but I think I'd start McCown again. Oh, I would have put JM in at halftime in the last game...

    Agree on McCown...

    And I would have made the change to begin our 2nd series of the 2nd half. I just thought we needed a spark.

  • Nobody wants to win more than Pettine. I second guessed Pettine last season on Manziel and won't do it this year. When Hoyer was struggling I thought Manziel could not do any worse but the Cincy game proved me wrong.

    If the story is true I think these players should be more focused on their own positions instead of coaching.

  • Manziel should start regardless on how legit this is. McCown sucks. We know what we getting from him. And who the fuck is McCown to teach Manziel anything. Only thing I can see him learning from McCown is how to lose. What skills doesn't McCown have that Manziel needs. Don't worry I'll wait.

  • Manziel should start because we need to know if he's the future or not and we need to know it before the 2016 draft.

  • There is plenty of time for that. It's only the fourth game. If you start McCown,

    and he does great, everybody's good.

    If he doesn't, you justifiably put JM in, and McCown will have seen enough of

    the defense to advise JM on the sidelines if need be.

    It doesn't work the same the other way around....

  • Manziel should start because we need to know if he's the future or not and we need to know it before the 2016 draft.

    @osiris said:

    Manziel should start because we need to know if he's the future or not and we need to know it before the 2016 draft.

    Damn it all to hell......... I'm starting to lean this way too. This Sunday's game is the tipping point for me. Win it, and we're 2-2 and everyone is talkin' playoffs (PLAYOFFS!!??) and Josh continues to start, but lose it and the ugliness is going to be epic and it's time to throw the kid in the deep end and see if he stinks or swims. (see what I did there)

  • @osiris said:

    Manziel should start because we need to know if he's the future or not and we need to know it before the 2016 draft.

    Damn it all to hell......... I'm starting to lean this way too. This Sunday's game is the tipping point for me. Win it, and we're 2-2 and everyone is talkin' playoffs (PLAYOFFS!!??) and Josh continues to start, but lose it and the ugliness is going to be epic and it's time to throw the kid in the deep end and see if he stinks or swims. (see what I did there)

    @d-bone said:

    Damn it all to hell......... I'm starting to lean this way too. This Sunday's game is the tipping point for me. Win it, and we're 2-2 and everyone is talkin' playoffs (PLAYOFFS!!??) and Josh continues to start, but lose it and the ugliness is going to be epic and it's time to throw the kid in the deep end and see if he stinks or swims. (see what I did there)

    I'm leaning that way because:

    - McCown isn't very good

    - McCown has no chance to be a long-term starter for this team.

    I understand you start the guy who is best for "winning now", but McCown just isn't that good. Manziel may not be that good either, but at least he's 14 years younger.

    Frankly, I don't think I'm buying that McCown gives us the best chance to win. Mostly because he hasn't sold it yet, nor has he sold it in his 14-year or whatever career.

  • Manziel should start because we need to know if he's the future or not and we need to know it before the 2016 draft.

    @osiris said:

    Manziel should start because we need to know if he's the future or not and we need to know it before the 2016 draft.

    Agreed. First round pick, he needs to play. Now if we had a solid mentor, I would say let him learn as there is plenty of evidence of 2nd stringers learning from great QB's and succeeding. But at this point in time, McCown isn't teaching manziel anything, other maybe how to watch film.

  • It's hard to say McCown hasn't taught Johnny anything.... JM has looked 100% better this year than he did last year and everybody seems to agree on that. So what changed? No more booze? Partying? Flip that much better than Shanny?

  • To celebrate Farmers return after Chargers game I would play Austin Davis Whhheeee!! Have a clearer mind after watching the Oakland game at a marina called the Crappy Patty in VB. Davis had a great game in SD with Rams not long ago. Put the whole mess on the table for Farmers return and say later sub GM.

  • Glad somebody else brought it up, but I'll say it again; the best QB on roster isn't Johnny nor McCown.

  • Here is the key question for those wanting to throw Johnny in "the deep end" now.

    Will you allow him to lose games this year the way the others in his class were allowed to last year as they started all season, or will you throw him under the bus if he isn't Manning or Brady from day one?

    If he does start there will be mistakes, but there will also be "from another planet" plays that make you catch your breath. Both are guaranteed.

  • Honestly, Johnny needs to sit until mid season this year. Then throw him into the deep end, then he will lose for the rest of the year and probably next season too, then he might be ready. AND they might be able to draft him some weapons.

    Problem is, the average Browns fan will give him 3 games, then call for someone else. And want the Coach fired. AND they will draft another QB instead of a WR or TE. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

  • Here is the key question for those wanting to throw Johnny in "the deep end" now.

    Will you allow him to lose games this year the way the others in his class were allowed to last year as they started all season, or will you throw him under the bus if he isn't Manning or Brady from day one?

    If he does start there will be mistakes, but there will also be "from another planet" plays that make you catch your breath. Both are guaranteed.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is the key question for those wanting to throw Johnny in "the deep end" now.

    Will you allow him to lose games this year the way the others in his class were allowed to last year as they started all season, or will you throw him under the bus if he isn't Manning or Brady from day one?

    If he does start there will be mistakes, but there will also be "from another planet" plays that make you catch your breath. Both are guaranteed.

    McCown's a nice guy and a good veteran presence to have. He'll never be good enough to be an above average starting QB in the NFL.

    It's not like we traded for or signed a quality veteran who has had success in the NFL. He did OK in Chicago with one of the best receiving corps in the NFL and solid run game.

    Hoyer was an unknown - which is why I think people were more patient with him (not to mention he won us some games).

    Besides, we're not going to lose games because of our quarterback anyway. Nobody will be looking at Manziel's mistakes because they'll be looking at the 15 YDs rushing and 500 YDs our defense gives up.